1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watch: Firsttake drinking the Harden Hateraid

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dirty Deca, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

Check out First Takes thoughts on Harden at point guard and how good they think he and the rockets are;)

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Starts at 1:16:00 so no one has to sit through the whole thing.

Pen15clubber, DreamShook and DonKnock like this.
  3. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

I uploaded the wrong video... I edited my post so new video should be posted they are discussing the Rockets beating the Spurs in the new video..

4. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

Just in case my first post edit didn't go through here was the intended video for the thread.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

where's the Hateraid?

DudeWah and donkeypunch like this.
  6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Montrezl got a shoutout:cool:

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

My notes and thoughts from watching that...

Denigrating Harden's performance because it's in a D'Antoni system.
    Exact thing these ESPN experts scoffed at when people said Curry & Klay benefiting from Dubs system.
    Kawhi benefiting from Spurs system
    Now Harden gets criticism for having a coach with an actual system.

"That system won't win. D'Antoni won't win"
    Wrong. Warriors Associate Head Coach Alvin Gentry after the Warriors Championship:
    "Tell Mike D'Antoni he's vindicated! We just kicked everyone's ass playing the way everybody complained about!"

D'Antoni making Harden's stats look superstar
    No, Harden's stats were already superstar without MDA.
    In fact, last year they were on a superstar historic level already without MDA.
    What Harden is doing paired with MDA is beyond even historic NBA superstar numbers.
    He's in completely new rarified air. And they just scoff at it like "ehh it's good."

Guy made it seem like all of Harden's assists pre-MDA were him holding the ball and
    last second pass to someone for lesser shot.

No. Sometimes yes, but usually no. Again, really tearing down Harden with faleshoods.

Saying Harden doesn't care about defense.
    Harden is playing defense this year.
    In these 1st 8 games it would be terribly hard for critics to make a Harden defense gaffe montage.
    His D Rating is 110. Derrick Rose is 113. Damian Lillard is 112. Klay Thompson is 112. Curry is 111. But all we
    hear on and on and on and on and on ad nauseum is Harden plays no D. He doesn't care about D.
    Well if he didn't care about D he would have a DRtg like Isaiah Thomas right now at 119.
    Or Marcus Smart at 119. Or Courtney Lee at 117. But you never hear anything on those guys. You
    never hear the superstars I mentioned take heat and they are playing worse D than Harden thus far.

#7 cdrive, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Dantoni team wont win a championship, Team won't win with Harden as the best player on the team. Interesting quote here..... at 3:26 mark.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

*Haterade

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Our 2nd best player in Ryan Anderson and yet it's because of Harden we won't win a championship? Is basketballholic running First Take nowadays?

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

max dude is worse than Skimpy Bayliss. never thought I would find someone more obnoxious than bayliss

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

I have asked this question before, now I'm worried. HOW DID THIS BEEF BETWEEN JAMES HARDEN AND THE MEDIA START. Harden at a magic, lebron and jordan level.Yet all he can get is slander. Pathetic

amaru likes this.
  13. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

The Nba just isn't fair. Why would different join the warriors after a 73 win season. Like curry needs anymore help

14. Harden's beard

Skip is one of the few personalities in media who is actually very fair to Harden. check out this clip :

Skip always remembers that Harden was the players' MVP over Curry back in 14-15 season, which is pretty refreshing.

#14 Harden's beard, Nov 11, 2016
  15. Harden's beard

the narrative that Harden is putting up all these stats just because of MDA's system is utterly dumb and incorrect :

1. We have no particular system to speak of. We don't play at a particularly fast pace at all, and Harden gets most of his assists through pnr and finding open 3 point shooters. That's not MDA's 'system'.

2. Harden already averaged 7.5 APG playing as a SG. Is it so surprising that Harden can average 10+ APG as a full-time PG?

3. The notion that MDA's system made Nash or Harden great is utterly ridiculous. Do people know what was MDA's record with the Suns prior to Nash? 21- 40. MDA also had Amare, Marion and Stephen Marbury on his roster instead of Nash. And they sucked. MDA also had no success as a head coach in Denver, LA, and New York, whereas Nash was already an all-star caliber PG prior to teaming up with MDA. Yes, they both made each other better, but Nash had more impact on MDA's career than the other way around.

4. Bringing up Jeremy Lin example is just idiotic. The dude had like good 10 game run, then crashed back to earth, and never was as good again, even when he was with MDA.

5. After the Spurs game, Greg Popovich said that Harden has always been a great passer, regardless of his position. Does Max Kellerman know more about basketball than Popovich?

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I just wanted to get the facts out so that people are not mislead into thinking this is some kind of fluke. It's unreal the level of disrespect and dismissal that is thrown in Harden's way these days.

#15 Harden's beard, Nov 11, 2016
    Tha TC, Dgn1, don grahamleone and 2 others like this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's funny the dissonance between the way the media thinks of Steve Nash and the way they think of James Harden

DonKnock likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Max is just really bad when it comes to basketball specifically. Especially James Harden.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You can tell that none of these guys has really paid attention to the Rockets this season. I like watching these shows except when they talk about the Rockets/Texans. I follow those two teams far too closely that I can easily sense how completely wrong their analysis is.

19. rocketseagles07

I don't agree that a team can't win a ring with harden as it's best player... But I do think Max was pretty accurate

20. Nook

Nook Member

Your first mistake was watching First Take and giving their opinion absolutely any relevance.

None of those assholes have even watched a complete Rockets game this year.