1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 10/30/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike D'Antoni said the defense is ahead of the offense. Asked did he expect that given the offensive talent: "Of course."

Ryan Anderson with a little mark around his left eye. He said Andrew Bogut apologized for the hit in the face.

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Wrong.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

oops double post

4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

The one shot you mentioned where he ran out the clock and shot it was the right play. Under a minute, up 3, you want to burn the clock and get it closer so that it's not a long rebound and an easy transition bucket. Sure, he missed a mid range jumper, but he burned the clock.

The turnovers are expected with him taking over the PG duties. He is already a turn-over prone player. Much of his game depends on getting the whistle which results in turnovers when they don't call it.

Am I being too lenient? Maybe tonight, but it's because I have low expectations for this team. Harden still has to do everything and teams do everything to stop him. It was easier for him a few years ago when he had some help and teams didn't focus all of their defense on him.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

LOL , who are you ? Donald trump ... The reason we lost in LA was due to Gordon and Anderson taking shots out of he flow and bricking the shots James set them up with

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

imo, he means where the offense can be. There is a lot of decisions to make early. They are doing a lot of hand signals for calls, that is slowing them down bringing the ball up court. To be faster, takes a lot of reps....especially live game reps.

unless you are Nash.

Maybe that's what he means. I still take Prigs over Brown for this very reason. Prigs can run 21 Series (Pistol) in his sleep.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Anyone else think Dekker is a huge positive?. This kid has the tools to be a very good long term prospect. Love the way he moves off the ball and he has certainly worked on his 3 ball.The next part of his evolution should be working on his post game. Really like the way he moves and has developed a handy 3point shot.

Nook, JayGoogle, BigShasta and 4 others like this.
  8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Might want to re watch the last quarter.

He turned it over two or three times, went completely stagnant. Went entirely away from what was working the entire game. Passed the ball once or twice as an afterthought, and capped it off when an airballed three.

And don't tell me I am a hater because I'm not. I love Harden, but he's disappointed me thus far. Nothing's changed and it appears he hasn't learned from last season. We got lucky tonight

Mr. Clutch and ilovehtownbb like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Might wanna go look at the play by play . One harden turnover in the last 7 minutes. Just the facts dude . But don't let them cloud your memory ;)

10. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

To say nothing has changed is harsh. He actually hands off the ball a lot more times and a lot quicker in the offensive sets then what he did last season. The guys on the team get the ball more and the ball actually moves. Sure there are times he stagnates but more often then this season he has looked to get the ball moving more often then not.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

A win is a win. I'll take em however they come this season.

Remlap and Pen15clubber like this.
  12. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

Wasn't pretty, but this would have been a loss last year. Feels good to get the win.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

"shhh..just close your eyes"

BigShasta and Pen15clubber like this.
  14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Is he still making vids

15. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Have the turnovers changed? They have gotten worse. His jumper is flat to start the season again.

Maybe I am being overly harsh, but I don't retract my general criticism. He is our franchise player.

I expect better from him, because I know he can be a lot better than this.

Once or twice a game he does that pocket pass that gets ripped, or he tries the dinky behind the back pass that is simply far too risky to do it the amount he does. It's the little things, it's the same old.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah he looked great. Want to see more.

Capela really struggled to finish around the basket. Because of the extra weight perhaps?

Gordon can score but he's not particularly efficient and doesn't do much else.

Anderson got involved, but through offensice rebounding. Not sure that can last

Ennis can't shoot.

Harden still has elite foul drawing ability but otherwise he struggled. Teams are gonna gamble for steals on him more and more, I think

Our defense is nowhere near as bad as feared but it's been the Dirk less Mavs

17. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I was wrong on that account but seeing as you didn't refute my other comments I'll assume that I'm correct on those ;)

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

I've noticed this happens in the BBS more and more. People find one fact in your overall argument that is wrong and act like they won the whole argument

Cashmoney likes this.
  19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Weird isn't it? Pretty sure the general gist of what I'm saying is very much correct.

20. Mr. Clutch

Yeah, his turnovers are very much a problem

Abd hes not getting to the rim as much. He already set a career low of % of fga at the rim last year and it looks headed lower

Cashmoney likes this.