1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Innes is back, this time with 790

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jimmy Chitwood, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

From what I read on another message board, but I haven't been able to verify it from any media.

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Yeah I wish Houston Media Watch was still active. Here's Dante's twitter account, maybe he'll post something about it soon: https://twitter.com/ogxfactor82

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Re: Dante Hall ... found this on reddit

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dante Hall leaves 610

Dante Hall has left KILT (610 AM) after less than five months as co-host of the station's midday show with Cody Stoots and John Lopez.

Ryan McCredden, the station's program director, said Hall will not be replaced.

"I'm disappointed that things didn't work out, but Dante told me this just wasn't for him," McCredden said. "He's been trying to make it work, and he just had to move on."​

#304 J.R., Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Never really listened to Josh before he 790'd. He has personality, but doesn't talk sports enough. He's not very knowledgable sported-wise either from what I've heard.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Lopez kills another partner. Seriously I don't know why 610 keeps him. He is not entertaining while being a pompous dumb ass.

macho GRANDE and Torn n Frayed like this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He always alluded to not being a "Radio Guy", implying that he wasn't some talking head with hot takes. Maybe he just wasn't about that life with Stoots and Lopez......

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

damn, I liked dante. he did sound a little pissed off with lopez when defending Brock because a lot in the media were still crapping on him.

Finally checked on Innes show based on the glowing recommendations. And I didn't think it was bad. Definitely not like yall make it seem on here. He is a bit on the negative side and tries to hard with race jokes but It was entertaining. Bun B even called in and co-signed the show so if Bun can like it, I will give it a shot.

And did Jim Mudd jump from 610 morning show to join his booty buddy, Josh? Lol was this ever discussed by Seth and Mike?

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It seems like Innes is much more measured this time around, but his last stint here was an unmitigated **** show. If he truly did learn his lesson, and has become more mature about his approach to the show, then good for him.

10. conquistador#11

yeah hall is gone. =( I liked his receiver perspective analysis. Chupacabra strikes again.
    Now stanford routt has replaced him? looking at stanfords stats I almost fainted reading he played for the Texans in 2012 for 2 games.Don't even remember that, should go in that dwight gooden astros thread.

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I'll continue to boycott 790 because management saw fit to replace an icon with a shock jock. It's part of the stupidization of news and entertainment I just can't support. Sorry Matt.

12. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Josh Anus is back?! jeez

13. jae713

jae713 Member

Does anyone else here get irritated by Michael Connor? Since he has been in the morning I am able to listen to him more and he just irritates me. He is always bringing stuff up that has nothing to do with the topic and constantly brings his girlfriend up. He reminds me of a teenager that thinks he is funny cause he brings up sex jokes or drunk jokes. I miss Ross in the morning.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, he's immature. Reminds me of every sports bro that is 1-3 years out of college. Frat-brah. Anyways, saw the bump, came in expecting Innes was fired. Sigh.

jae713 likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

I kind of like michael connor during baseball season only. His voice sounds identical to ross' so I can never tell them apart.

16. T-Perro

T-Perro Member

Really miss Palillo in the afternoons. Innes just doesn't do it .

TWS1986 likes this.
  17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I gave it a whirl yesterday and listened to him repeat himself 35 times talking about Cam Newton for 30 minutes.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

790 had the worst ratings from September to October.

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Houston-s-sports-radio-ratings-for-October-10426017.php

The October book for Sept. 8-Oct. 5 includes some new shows on KFNC (97.5 FM) and the first month of the NFL season. KGOW (1560 AM) did not register a rating in October.

We start, as always, with 6 a.m. to midnight among men 25-54, the key demographic for sports radio, where KILT (610 AM) remains the clear leader. The number in parenthesis indicates where sports stations rank among all Houston stations.

October
    KILT (610 AM) 3.7 (T9th)
    KFNC (97.5 FM) 2.2 (21st)
    KBME (790 AM) 1.7 (T24th)

KILT also is the leader in morning drive time (6-10 a.m.).
    October

KILT 4.0 (9th)
    KFNC 2.3 (T17th)
    KBME 1.8 (T19th)

KILT continues to lead the sports stations at middays (10 a.m.-3 p.m.).
    October

KILT 3.3 (T10th)
    KFNC 2.3 (T17th)
    KBME 1.7 (24th)

KILT had its best daypart showing in afternoon drive (3-7 p.m.).
    October

KILT 4.7 (5th)
    KFNC 2.6 (18th)
    KBME 2.3 (22nd)

KILT had Texans in prime time, and KBME had the final month of Astros games in the 7 p.m. until midnight segment.
    October

KILT 3.1 (T13th)
    KBME 1.6 (T23rd)
    KFNC 1.2 (26th)

Let's turn to show-by-show rankings for the month.

October
    Lord/Pendergast/Johnson (2-7 pm, KILT) 4.5
    Lopez/Stoots/Hall (10 am-2 pm, KILT) 4.0
    Gallant/Texans (7-11 p.m., KILT) 3.3
    Meltser/Payne (6-10 a.m., KILT) 3.0
    Faour/Hoffman (4-7 p.m., KFNC) 2.7
    Granato/Salisbury (11 .m.-1 p.m., KFNC) 2.5
    Granato/Ramzanali (9-11 a.m., KFNC) 2.4
    Charlie Pallilo (2-6 p.m., KBME) 2.3
    Joel Blank (1-4 p.m., KFNC) 2.0
    Zierlein/Thomas (6-9 a.m., KBME) 1.8
    Jones/Clanton (11 a.m.-2 p.m. KBME) 1.8
    Koch/Kalu (9-11 a.m., KBME) 1.3​

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So ratings are just a factor of your slot, more or less? Most people don't know who Woj is, put him on ESPN and he's a household name. 790 needs to do something more disruptive, maybe focus web content/resources on college football (outside of just UH and the UT broadcast) or gambling or something...cant just cross your fingers and pray the Astros or Rockets do something every year.

I feel like solo-Lance is very good at introducing fresh content. He always has national guests or local personalities on when he's solo.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Wait so Charlie had higher ratings than everyone else on 790 and got the can. Also Charlie's show was 22nd, not different from Matt/Lance 19th and Adam/Sean 24th.

This has got to be a budget $$$ cut. Charlie Pallilo was probably the most highly paid at 790 amongst other hosts and rightly so. So they cut his knowledgeable high paying @$$ to bring in an a very low pay racist moron in Josh Anus. I would have cut Adam Clanton or Lance Zierlein before touching Charlie.

Also when did Joel Blank return to Houston after being fired by the Rockets?

Well only a matter of time before he is fired again because his lame rhyming gets everyone tired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.