1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Innes is back, this time with 790

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jimmy Chitwood, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I heard that today. I thought he was about to fight Lopez on air. Was wondering what the hell was going on

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What did he say?

3. grt004

grt004 Member

Yesterday Innes was talking to a caller, and rather than staying on topic, Innes was more interested in what the caller did for a living, what car he drove, inquiring if he could marry his daughter, and asking how good looking his daughter was. It was so cringy...Who asks a stranger if their daughter is hot.. The caller is not Donald Trump.

One thing that also bothers me is Jim Mudd. He is such a yes-man. How in the earth did this man get a job in radio. I didn't like him on 610 and I certainty don't like him on 790.

Glish21 likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Haven't listened. Wont ever listen. Just surprised I haven't accidentally tuned in yet looking for Charlie (muscle memory). Any news on Innes' ratings? Will he be fired soon? Any news on CP?

mikol13 and MadMax like this.
  5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I reckon ratings maybe good initially as people tune in to hear what this Innes guy is all about and whether he has changed yadda yadda. Eventually ratings will drop off as people get tired of his same ol' schtick.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nobody new has heard of Innes though, or even heard any ads about his show. AM radio listeners are a tiny cult. 90% of the CP fans wont like Innes and surely have tuned out. Is he fired yet or what?

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

And yet you listen and on a level where you can summarize whole segments?

This thread is an indicator of the human condition. He sucks! I hate him! Is he fired yet??? I've only listened to every second of his show since he's been back and I'm angry! I better tune in today, might have to take some time off of work to listen because I hate him and I won't listen! His rating's must suck!

8. grt004

grt004 Member

And your comment is a human condition known as trolling, so I won't give you the satisfaction of an argument.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Well I really don't like Josh Innes and have campaigned against 790 and I have not tuned into 790 once since the announcement. And I was a very frequent listener depending on topic and hosts. So we are out there.

Creepy Crawl likes this.
  10. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Meet Josh Innes folks.

11. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I think people are trying to give him a shot but then they remember why they weren't a fan before. There are no good sports radio shows on the drive home and it is a really disappointing. He is ok at times but then just says such stupid stuff out of nowhere. I tried one day but he just went on one of his rants where he thinks he is funny but he just comes across as trying way too hard.This isn't even a Clutchfans thing. People switched from 610 when he was on 790 and now there is nowhere to go!

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

It's insane to me, to hate something, complain, complain, complain and then listen all day - all while saying you'll never listen.

Any press is good press, and everyone posting and complaining and listening everyday (while saying you will never listen) is EXACTLY WHY THEY HIRED HIM! You guys are generating his buzz and putting a paycheck on his table. You guys don't hate him, you love him!

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Same. Haven't tuned in once since then. Probably won't unless I want to listen to a Rockets or Astros game. I have my limits...

ipaman and Creepy Crawl like this.
  14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Now that's a segment I would tune in to hear, John Lopez getting pimp slapped on air. I heard that exchange too and you can hear the nervous laughter Lopez gave when Hall put him in his place.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I actually happened to be listening when this happened, and it was incredibly awkward. Lopez was basically going on about how the Texans won because Osweiler finally started playing better, and Hall just lost it. Hall's point was that EVERYBODY started playing together....not just Osweiler. Then, when Lopez tried talking over Dante, that's when Dante treated him like his 6 year old child. What's weird is that it seemed like Dante was having some sort of issue off the air.....I think he just lashed out because he was in a bad mood. I don't usually even listen to sports radio, but I happened to flip over when this happened, and it became must-listen radio for the next 20 minutes.

16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This. This and this.

17. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is there a link for this?

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Haven't listened to innes. Just popping in to read he's been fired or mudd got fired.

Wouldn't shock me if 610 stages it

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Honestly not sure what Lopez said cuz I just tuned in to hear the end of it. I just heard Dante going off on him and it didn't sound playful at all. He sounded serious as a heart attack

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

i tuned in for 5 mins and i felt like josh was just screaming..like can you relax brah?

what do yall think of The Blitz?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.