1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Supporters...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

What do you have to say about Trump's incessant childish remarks about things that don't go his way?

His assault on the media, SNL, etc. makes it seem like, as president, he may put the first amendment under siege.

His comments on needing a drug test before the next debate is just childish and basically comes across as him admitting that he is getting his ass handed to him in the debates.

I don't think either candidate is great, and I'm deeply disappointed in the political system for sending forth two horrible representatives for itself, but to just pretend like Trump would be a great president, when the guy has done nothing but act like an infant wanting to be a tyrant makes me afraid for this country.

He shows no signs of getting it, whatsoever.

On top of that, the guy can't even talk any sort of policy. The typical politician is taught to give hollow answers that don't answer questions, but Trump takes this to a whole new level. He's an artist in that regard.

I don't think I've heard him talk a minute of policy in either debate.

How do you feel about his assault on the Constitution while not even attempting to play politics?

JayGoogle likes this.
  2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Benghazi!

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Applause for the nicely timed sarcasm.

DrLudicrous likes this.
  4. Dei

Dei Member

He's not perfect but I like him. I think what most people's problems with him is that he's not politically correct. They don't get when he's throwing a hyperbole. When he made the comment about Mexican illegals being rapists etc., they overreacted. When the audio of him saying "grab it by the p***y" which is locker-room talk, they overreacted (btw, I've heard worse said by normal people).

I'd hardly say the debates were about policy. He's said policy during his rallies and has it posted on his website.

He doesn't stand for everything I stand for. If given the choice, I'd take Nigel Farage of Britain to represent me over him anytime. But Trump at least gets it. He's lived a lifestyle that he could only have had as an American and appreciates that fact and what America is for a lot of people. He's not the best prepared but at least he's well meaning. Hillary's dangerously competent at being corrupt and is just hell bent on ruining things with sick leftist dogma.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Plenty of Trump supporters are true deplorables. Polls show this out. So they really don't care about the horrible things he's said because they've said them too or at least had that thought. You know that whole "He just says what everyone is thinking!" argument. I've never once had a thought that Mexicans are rapists. I've never once thought that I'd be dating a 10 year old in a few years. I've never once thought these things, but they rationalize it by thinking that everyone thinks like them. For a lot of Trump supporters this is ALL about immigration, it is their one big issue. For some it has nothing to do with race, they come from the conservative mindset that immigration should just be kept in check...for a lot of Trump supporters it absolutely is about race. They see the country as 'browning' and it terrifies them. So nothing else matters. The idea that Trump could be a threat to the 1st amendment? They are more scared of brown people than anything else. Especially that terrifying 1% Muslim minority that apparently threatens to drop sharia law on our country.

A lot of them live in their own little echo chamber, afraid of new ideas and progressive thoughts. Look at Dei above there...leftist dogma...the biggest issue with american politics is the rhetoric that conservative ideas are evil or that liberal ideas are evil. This means no discussion can be had when you start thinking that a politician is out to actively destroy the country. Clinton is bent on ruining things by wanting more affordable college? You heard a lot of this about Obama, that he was actively working against American interest because he was a secret Muslim.

Any ways you are right about Trump and how he reacts to ANYTHING negatively about him. That isn't the attitude a president should have. SNL has been making fun of presidents since its existence. Trump is just a whiny little b____ though, so he can't help himself.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He has thin skin. It is not a good look for him going forward.
    The media is biased. CNN's owner is the 5th biggest Clinton Foundation donor. Its literally right there to see. Do you find it strange that news stations are not talking about the WikiLeaks, or that CNN is claiming its illegal to read them LOL?
    Drug test comments he made were just bizarre.

Trump has been talking policy. His tax plan will take a lot less out of our pockets than Hilary's. I wont even bother to ask which of those you would rather take. Shall we talk about her Open Border dreams and aspirations.

My question for you! What are Hilary's policies? She says stuff publically, but comes back and says something else in her paid speeches to her corrupt foreign donors. Who are you really voting for? She is a two faced corrupt politician.

How does a lifetime politician whose salary is 200,000 a year have a net worth of just over 33 million?
    Why are foreign governments/donors paying 500,000 for a 20 minute paid speech?

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I will give you Trumpettes this...the coverage over the last 2 weeks has been overwhelmingly in favor of Trump's status as a sexual predator and possible child rapist (trial is later this year). While there has been some coverage about the Wikileaks documents, it hasn't been even close to equitable. Might be because the leaks haven't really exposed anything so inflammatory that it's worth the effort. Maybe it's because the new organizations are doing due diligence to confirm if many of the leaked emails are accurate. Maybe it's because they recognize the enormous amounts of free coverage they've given Trump since the beginning of his campaign and feel like they might have missed a lot. Maybe it's because they're humans and Americans and recognize the dangers of him being president.

I do agree the coverage has not been equal.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

That is quite frankly one of the biggest loads of crap I've ever heard in my life. And for the record, I was never a Trump hater. I remember the first time I watched the first season of The Apprentice- it was the only reality show I watched and I enjoyed it thoroughly. And I thought Donald Trump handled himself the way you should. After that, I never really followed him b/c I didn't watch any other seasons of The Apprentice.

Then came the birther movement.

And that was the first sign that you're dealing with a crazy conspiracy theorist. It made no sense- I mean, come on, do you not remember the ridiculous theories put forth??? It had nothing to do with politics- just a 'geez, this guy's off his rocker"

And then he decides to run for President. My first thought is- "well, every time I hear him speak, he's pretty vacuous... like at an 8th grade level... how is he going to pull off running for President?"

And then, slowly but surely, you started to get an idea of how stupid and dangerous his ideas were.

And then, the Republican debates. Where as much as you might disagree with things that Rubio, Christie, Bush, etc. said, you always felt they were qualified, reasonably intelligent, etc. Except for 2: Donald Trump and Ben Carson. I've spent many years listening to certain students bullshit their way through answers when you knew they didn't do their homework- and Trump was a mirror image of every student I dealt with in that respect. Same with Carson.

And yes, what you say matters. What you say gives insight into what you are thinking and what you will do. It's not just "talk." Reagan, FDR, Eisenhower, Ford, etc.- you knew their stances on issues b/c they spoke about them, and they acted on those stances once they became President. So, to think that Trump wouldn't try to ban Muslims, or restrict the First Amendment, etc. because he is not going to do what he's been saying all along? HORSESHIT. I mean, he has pulled off the biggest con job in the history of Presidential politics, and his followers choose to ignore it, plain and simple.

Not to mention the importance of the role of diplomacy as part of the President's duties. If you read Decision Points by GW, My Life by Clinton, Audacity of Hope, or any of the other POTUS biographies- this concept comes out several times. Diplomacy is absolutely critical to the job.

Politically correct is only one part of the reason that people don't like Trump. Saying that POWs aren't heroes isn't a politically correct matter- it's a stupid statement that insults our military. Stating that a policy of banning Muslims from the U.S. has nothing to do with political correctness- it has to do with a violation of the 1st Amendment. And stating that you can sexually assault women without their permission- if you think that is merely a matter of him not being politically correct, then you've got issues. And if you're hearing guys saying similar things about assaulting women, then your reaction should not be acceptance.

But I've convinced you know all this and choose to overlook it based on your political beliefs, hatred of Clinton, etc. Clinton has skeletons- just the same way Reagan, Bush, and Obama did before her. All of them have skeletons in their closet. The difference is that Trump IS a skeleton.

9. Cranberry_Juice

How do you know that the news organizations are doing their due diligence? Were you there when they investigated it? Did you ask them or did they come to your house yesterday and be like "Leroy, you my boy right? Then you know I would never lie to you when I tell you that the leaks aren't real."

Is that how it went?

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Who do you think "owns" CNN?

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He knows they're doing their due diligence because he saw a tweet, viewed a youtube video, and read his Facebook page that confirmed it.

12. Cranberry_Juice

You mean like this one?

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I have seen "he's not perfect" throw out much recently by Trump supporters. It's such a strange reason for supporting Trump. As an example, person A kill someone. It's ok, he's not perfect.

14. Cranberry_Juice

It is very low... why do you think people are voting Hillary. :)

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I edited my comment above.

But the reason people voting for Hillary is because she is Presidential first of all. Reasons after that is not that important anymore.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Most of us here are more qualified than Trump. Clearly more informed on how a democracy and government functions.

17. Cranberry_Juice

This is a pretty good example.

As an example, Hilary kills someone. It's ok, she's not perfect.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Do you not understand the meaning of the word "Maybe"? None of what I posted was out of direct knowledge. It was positing different possibilities.
    Another champion of reading comprehension.

[psssssssssst....that last part is sarcasm. Just because I know you can't pick up on such things even when they're blatantly obvious, I thought I would point it out for you.]

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Do you really believe that?

20. Cranberry_Juice

You know I was being sarcastic right?

Nah, but i thought your edit was just as funny as the original.