1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron.com: Eddie misses team trip

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codell, Oct 15, 2003.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

I know that EG did get into a fight his freshman year at Seton Hall, but I am not sure if it was for that reason.

As someone mentioned before, Eggie also lost his brother a few years ago, and from what I remeber, his brother was somewhat of a father figure to him.

Thats why I am leaning towards "mental problem" over "drug problem", although, it could very well be a combination of both.

2. Nero

Nero Member

hmmm... maybe both?

;)

3. Loco Gringo

Loco Gringo Member

Sweetie have you seen EG lately?.. he looks definately muscled up.. theres a photo in a thread somewhere, also just because people have money doesn't mean they can't get depressed.. I have to admit that sweetie nickname is a bit ironical compared to all the $%&# you dish out..

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Calm down people, Eddie has an excuse..

He had an appointment to sign an endorsement deal with Zig Zag Rolling Papers.

5. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I love how no one is judging E.G. and giving him the benefit of the doubt but if it were Francis they would automatically judge him and say that he is being selfish and disrespecting the coach and doesn't want to be on the Rockets anymore and that he isn't dedicated to winning, on and on and on.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

With 911 on your nick, sounds like the pot calling the kettle black...

jk:cool:

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know. This could be anything. Hopefully it isn't depression. Of course, if he just found out he's gonna be traded....nah. Nope. Won't happen. Will it?

The point being, let's not speculate too too much.

8. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Uh, statistically your thoughts don't bear out. He is better in every statistical category from his first year to his second and we have yet to see what he will be like with a group of starters in a real game this year.

Sounds like he wasnt punctual in getting to the plane and rather than face the music he didnt go at all, sounds like me at about that age.

9. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

Agreed. This is where all the rumors start. We don't know what happened, and until we do, we shouldn't bash him. Who knows, he may have good reasons.

10. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Let's not get carried away Slim,

11. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I don't think he's on drugs....I'm thinking it could have been a family issue that needed serious attention. Still, unacceptable behavior nevertheless.

12. Asspirin

Asspirin Member

Eddie got traded to the spurs. It was a sign-and-trade deal for the spurs guy.

[​IMG]

Though I heard he also had some drug issues in college. ;)

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I gave up the shop on Eddie long ago. I think we should have gotten rid of him when he still had value. But he is doing his best to make that not be a possibility, apparently

14. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I think that it is interesting that without Eddie and Cat... we won?!!?

15. Stylez

Stylez Member

Damn you guys are harsh. Yeah I'm fustrated and very dissappointed w/ EG right mow but to me this seems like a time were Eddie would need some support from the "fans" around here. Crying over Jefferson is useless at this point. You might as well bring up Rashard, or Ginobli, or Zach Randolph or any other good player the Rox have passed up in the past few years. Oh and FYI, EVERY team has passed up good players in their organizational history. I don't know what the story is right now, all I know is that EG is a Houston Rocket and as a Rocket fan I'm going to support him and hopefully he's okay and that everything works out for him. Not just in his career but more importantly his LIFE.

16. CXmoney1221

CXmoney1221 Member

heres another one thats on crack.....NOONE is giving eddie the benefit of the doubt here, and wer not even bashing steve so stop trying to defend him every chance you got

17. verse

verse Contributing Member

codell,

i've been right here chiming in with you the whole time. take it from someone who has been through some emotional depression problems in the past.... eddie is battling depression.

i specifically asked popeye and other "insiders" about this, and whether or not the rocket's staff has/would/could address this problem via team psychiatrist or psychologist and never got a response. NEVER. i am thoroughly convinced this is what the problem is...and is the reason he has gotten caught up with weed, etc. it's a way to keep his mind from thinking.

for whoever (i believe it was sweetie) said that if they had all that money they'd have no stress at all, i have no other way to put it but that you are an idiot. $$ does not solve problems, other than financial ones; and it's just as likely to create financial problems as to solve them. but $$ does nothing, i repeat nothing, for the emotional problems a young man who lost his closest relative (his brother) and had family problems growing up. you'd have no stress? :rolleyes: idiot.

someone get eddie some help, please. f*ck the basketball. this kid has much deeper problems than that.

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Eddie is 21 yrs old.

How many of us never made the wrong decisions at that age or got to wrapped up in girlfriend problems or whatever.

He is here to stay or trade why not support him and hope for the best.

I'm sure glad I never made any mistakes when I was young.:D

19. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

I was wondering about depression too. I think he has a sort of a depressed look to him.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member