1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've seen enough...This is a legit offense for James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 2, 2016.

1. HookemHorns1250

Obviously more games need be seen. That being said, the important thing, is we see an actual offense. An actual system.

Would Anderson get these easy 3 opportunities last year? Would Nene get easy under the basket looks in last years offense? You can blame the Knicks D all you want, but last year, against this same Knicks team, we don't look anything like this.

I blasted the MDA hiring, not because I didn't think our offense could do great things with him, but mainly curious to see how much our defense would tumble even further with him at the helm. I will gladly eat every bit of crow, if he can help this team turn around in a positive direction. To score 130 one would think the other team would be in the 110-120 area for us. To hold them to 103 however is very impressive.

Keep it up MDA, and keep it up Rockets!

sugrlndkid and hakeem94 like this.
  2. HookemHorns1250

Obviously more games need be seen. That being said, the important thing, is we see an actual offense. An actual system.

Would Anderson get these easy 3 opportunities last year? Would Nene get easy under the basket looks in last years offense? You can blame the Knicks D all you want, but last year, against this same Knicks team, we don't look anything like this.

I blasted the MDA hiring, not because I didn't think our offense could do great things with him, but mainly curious to see how much our defense would tumble even further with him at the helm. I will gladly eat every bit of crow, if he can help this team turn around in a positive direction. To score 130 one would think the other team would be in the 110-120 area for us. To hold them to 103 however is very impressive.

Keep it up MDA, and keep it up Rockets!

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

While I don't think there's anything wrong with fans being optimistic and wouldn't imply they shouldn't voice their optimism, I think it's fair also to express caution and even skepticism. I for one agree with jim. While the two games have looked better, I don't think anyone can have enough information to draw any conclusions yet about if this team is substantially different from the status quo of last year.

I hope they're much improved, but i for one don't think we have enough info to say really much of anything about the nature of this years team. I don't think you really can in preseason. But any basketball, even preseason is fun to watch after a long off season.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Nobody is saying we are going to win the NBA championship or anything. They are excited about how the offense look so much better than it did in the first two preseason games.

Yall can caution fans all day everyday but that does not mean they are going to listen. Haha fans are going to be fans.

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Probably, but I bet no two teams play faster or shoot more 3's than the Warriors and Rockets next year. Only big difference I see is Warriors run a ton of off-ball screens, which I've yet to see from us.

7. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'm not trying to caution anyone. Start a parade if it makes you happy, but in the same way I wouldn't say people are raining on others parade for expressing that it's too soon to be saying anything definitive about this team. Jim might have been critical of fans being too optimistic and that's not what I'm agreeing with. I am agreeing with him on the fact that i think it's too soon to say anything about this team and that I haven't seen enough of anything (and really can't) in preseason play.

hey everyone's got an opinion right?

8. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

If we can add even more screens, especially off ball to what we are doing now, our offense would be deadly, and no matter how bad of defense we play, that would keep us in most all games. I'm all for this year's team going ALL IN on offense and doing the best they can on defense. So I hope we start Gordon and Nene as well.

oelman44 likes this.
  9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I'm a wait and see type of fan to, but I'm not about to knock those fans who are excited about what they're seeing now.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think anyone is worried about this teams offense. Maybe it's defense will be fine as well. But this team - can it hold up to the grind and stay healthy? BIG question mark.

11. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

The Rockets have been playing at a fast pace and hoisting threes long before Mike. Morey made sure of that. Or offense isnt like the warriors and it doesn't have to be. we just need to maximize our talent.

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Let's be honest Harden will thrive in any offense. Remember when we started Asik & Howard? Talk about no space at all.

Remlap likes this.
  13. Remlap

Remlap Member

Sure. Maybe not an NBA Championship this year. Only 2 teams in the league get there
    If you're gonna pout because we won't come home with the OB Trophy, then you must be a soccer mom
    where you demand EVERYBODY gets a trophy.
    But at least we'll have something exciting to watch. Our new pieces look like they fit and the offense
    seems to enhance James' abilities. Just being a top 5 team would be a step on the right direction.
    Let's at least support progress. We no longer have to watch ISO ball.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Your reps belong to me...:)

So awesome to see in action what I saw way back in preseason...