1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've seen enough...This is a legit offense for James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Ego and Ryno can really shoot.

And Nene has a good feel for the game. I see why Morey wanted him for years

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

You mean Mike D'Antoni wasn't a terrible coaching hire and for once we have a coach that possesses some sort of synergy with the GM's vision of how basketball should be played?

3. alethios

alethios Member

Which is interesting considering all the talk about Morey wanting someone else besides MDA.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm going to wait for at least 10 games to have any real opinion on this...but it's a good sign that they actually run a offense. Many of us said that McHale and JB didn't run an actual offense but some refused to listen to that.

This team at least looks a lot more to Morey's vision.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I didn't notice but how often did MDA "clap, clap, clap" to get his team to "play harder"?

6. bmd

bmd Member

They run the floor like they did in 2012. But they can also play in the half-court like they did in 2015. And they can do both of those things better than they ever have before because they have some great shooters to spread the floor for James and knock down 3's.

It's great to see.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Haven't watched much preseason, but glad to hear Harden is doing well.

We'll see how his overall game progresses in the months to come.

#67 Houstunna, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

You guys are killing me. Some have decided after two preseason games, one vs a non-NBA team, how well the offense works, how much better the defense is, how much better Harden will be, ect....

Did I mention we have only played two (2), II, pre-season games?

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

There is nothing wrong with fans finally getting excited about seeing a real offense being ran out there. Not only that but seeing them put effort on the defensive end is refreshing. I know it's only preseason but come on after last season's nonsense it was good to see big men who can hit their free throws. We finally have our stretch four that we always wanted for this offense. A center who can knock down a midrange shot off the PnR. Ball movement and player movement will be the focal point in this offense. The death of Harden's ISO. And finally another combo guard who can create his own shot, attack the rim and knock down that 3 pointer.

So I don't see nothing wrong with fans getting excited about our teams potential.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you're saying . . . you haven't seen enough?

11. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

thats a vague description of NBA basketball, not the Warriors offense lmao. We have no split action, no elevator doors nothing...

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

No, there is nothing wrong about a little excitement. What I am seeing and what is boggling my mind are the conclusions some (many) are making based on nothing that matters. It will be 10 games at least into the regular season before the kind of observations I am seeing expressed will have any basis.

Nobody is playing any real defense at this point, so what can we glean about our offense? Nothing. Pre-season is almost like playing your own B-squad.

We have what, at least three threads where folks are citing they have seen enough to know how good we will be. Really? I just think real optimism and excitement should be based on something real.

Have a beer or a bong hit and enjoy the pre-season. We can start talking seriously about things in a month or so.

#72 jim1961, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Houstunna likes this.
  13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I have seen enough. The Shanghai sharks stink and the Knicks stink even more.

Houstunna likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

No it's not. There's a lot more that goes into it than that.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Who are we to tell them how to feel right now. Really I mean how about staying away from those type of threads and/or wait until someone starts a thread after 10 regular season games are played.

What's the purpose of raining down on their parade?

How about you follow your own advice and drink a few beers or hit the bong yourself. That way you can chill out and let some of these people enjoy what they are seeing right now.

Again they are enjoying the potential. You can best believe the Warriors fans are enjoying their preseason games. Especially the game against the Clippers in which they stumped them by 45 points.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I'm not. But some sensible thinking is definitely in order.

Because their parade is a farce.

Red Herring. I encouraged enjoyment.

17. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

You can only make a conclusion all on what you saw last and the Rockets offense looks so much better this season. you actually have guys running off the ball and creating for eachother instead of being totally depend on Harden.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  18. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

I hope this momentum continue through regular season.

19. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

When we last saw the team, they were playing the 2x Western Conference Champions Warriors. Now, theyre playing a non NBA team and a Knicks team that has missed the playoffs 3(?) years. I need to see regular season games against better teams. In preseason, Im watching the back half of the roster. We know what the starters can do.

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

The rockets could run their offense against air and I'd be more excited than watching that pathetic "system" we've been running under mcfail and failjb.

hakeem94 likes this.