1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official VP Debate Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Pence joined with Trump for purely ambitious reasons. He doesn't even like Donald Trump. His style of politics is quite different than Trump's.

Kaine and Hillary have some weird thing going on.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Pence joined with Trump for purely ambitious reasons. He doesn't even like Donald Trump. His style of politics is quite different than Trump's.

Kaine and Hillary have some weird thing going on.

3. Nook

Nook Member

He didn't put any extra pressure on Hillary for the next debate. Very little substantive came out of this VP debate. Kaine proped up Hillary and attacked Trump, which is exactly what Hillary wanted.

On a side note I am sure Kaine is going to give Hillary some mean head tonight.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I feel like Kaine may pull a Dean and go BYAHHHhH.

5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

You're right that very little comes out of VP debates. The problem is the residual will likely be about Kaine's interruptions. It might be much ado about nothing, but it also didn't seem like good strategy.

6. Pimphand24

Pimphand24 Member

Not true. Zyzz never left us.

Bigtexxx is still a cuck though.

7. TheresTheDagger

Just checking in. Has Kaine stopped interrupting Pence yet?

Geez. Way to appeal to women who LOVE that. You'd have thought the dems would have learned from Trump's performance last week. Yes, lets point out how rude Trump is by being as rude and condescending as possible.

Oi.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The thing about these "debates" is they are all about appearances, framing candidates personalities. They are never policy specific, never about legislative plans and strategies for enacting philosophies into law. Like Pence's comments that "over the last 7 years America has grown weak in the face of Russia", " we will stand strong".... are you going to shoot down Syrian planes over Aleppo? Are you going to put US troops in The Ukraine? Are you going to build alternative pipelines to Europe? What are you willing to actually Mr. Tough Guy?

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I'm confident that women voters will consider Tim Kaine's treatment of Mike Pence with greater emphasis than Donald Trump's treatment of Hillary Clinton when they go to the polls.

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

They could have just skipped the VP debate, nothing changed after the debate, other than wasting my time.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Simple answer: No one cares about VP debates. They don't move the needle at all even after big gaffs like "You're no Jack Kennedy".

Clinton sent Kaine out there to do something that we all know works, ATTACK TRUMP. He will respond, he will attack back and look even more unhinged.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While Pence won on style, he was weighed down by the anchor that is the top if his ticket. I'm curious now on what the Trump policy would be on Russia.

Pence was threatening war against Putin and Russia if they and their ally, Assad (along with Dei and Cohere Rojo's) continued to kill civilians and use chemical weapons. Trump loves Putin and is offering to help him in his support of the murderous dictator Assad.

It's funny that some of the people who were dead set against Hugo Chavez (with some good reasons) are now trying to act like Assad isn't such a bad guy. He's a million times worse than Chavez. Worse to his political opponents, worse to his own people, worse in his inhumane treatment of people. Assad is maybe only second to North Korea. Possible he's worse, but we don't know as much about N. Korea to find out for sure.

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

How can you win on "style" when you message is an unrealistic oversimplification and dictatorial?

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because many people don't vote based on issues.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't think you can win on style at all in 2016.

With gifs, vines and sound bite news everything is cut into little snippets and no one will remember what happens throughout the debate. They'll see snaps of moments on twitter, Facebook etc.

16. TheresTheDagger

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Nobody cares about VP debates. In all the years I have been watching this crap sandwich called politics I have never seen a VP debate performance actually matter when it comes to who wins a presidential election.

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Basically, Pence was the winner of this debate... But a few things

Pence was debating for himself and not for Trump... When he was being attacked by Kaine on all the crazy stuff Trump has said or done he never defended Trump... Will be interesting on how Trump handles this

Kaine, was on attack mode and I have to say his interruption stop was getting on my nerves... But at the same time he was making Pence look bad on not defending Trump.

Nothing really change from a voting perspective with Trump or Clinton... The only real change is that Pence is setting himself up to run for President in 2020.

T_Man

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Things women love I read on the internet, by TheresTheDagger.

20. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

only VP debate worth watching was Sarah Palin's. I couldn't pick either of these guys out of lineup. Most of us aren't even sure which is running with whom. Plus Trump will just fire Pence the first time they disagree and stage a VP apprentice show for his replacement. Ratings will be Huge.