1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've seen enough...This is a legit offense for James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Well Rockets did use to be coached by Adelman......

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I already scheduled a few days off work for the championship parade and after-parties.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I've seen enough to realize that bad shooters are still bad shooters.

Cashmoney likes this.
  4. GottaHaveHeart

MilkHair: "Guys gotta play harder! C'mon guys"

5. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Harden played really well and it was so refreshing to see him in control and making good decisions (1 turnover!). But is it just me or did his handle seem a little slow today? Understandable given it's pre season, just didn't seem quite as crisp with his handle. Maybe it's just me

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I hate to jump the horse, but I'm leaning towards sugrlnkid sentiments. I have a really good feeling about this season weirdly. I'm at least optimistic we're going to be able to watch a legit offense. I've missed the structure and involvement of Adelman's old style, I'm excited for an offense that is actually fun to watch. Plus I've always been a big Ryno fan.

#26 oelman44, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  7. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Really happy to hear harden say after the game that he wants his highlight plays this season be a lot of right passes. Amazing what a real coach can do.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

It is playing with more poise and under control

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

This is why I'm having feelings of game-changing year. Morey's 3-point heavy plan was basically supposed to be what the Warriors are, but the Rockets offense lacked the shooters and didn't create enough open shots to get even close to matching GS's efficiency. I think Morey's analytical approach matches D'Antoni well, and while we still won't be as deadly from outside as GS, we could boast a better interior scoring offense. Plus we'll play really fast, like the Warriors.

I'm drinking the Rockets cool aide this year. I don't think we're winning a championship this year, but we're a dark-horse for sure. I think everyone's sleeping on a potential revival season from a team that was a 2 seed in 2015.

Balldon'tlie likes this.
  10. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

Mike D'Antoni's system is nothing like what the warriors run lmao. What the game reminded me of was when we first got Harden and had no sets with him in mind, so he hopped off the plane into high P&Rs. NBA teams however will tighten the screws on the pick and roll and it will be a matter of what secondary action the coach has built in and if we can keep possession long enough to get to it. Also, i think for the offense to reach its max potential Gordon has to be out there with James so someone else can create if the initial pass from him is properly rotated to.

heypartner likes this.
  11. SeabrookMiglla

gotta remain objective until we face stiff competition...

everyone looks good playing lesser teams- how will they respond playing top ranked teams who consistently answer back?

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I have seen enough to know that the Rockets can crush the Shanghai Sharks any time they want.

Balldon'tlie and Jayzers_100 like this.
  13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

I'VE SEEN ENOUGH! FIRE DANTONI!

Balldon'tlie likes this.
  14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

It's not? Is the Warriors offense not fast paced with a lot of P&R and a lot of surrounding shooters?

15. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I think this just about sums it up for me.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Shanghai Sharks should play UH or Rice, any NBA team would trounce them, even the Sixers.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hear me out. stay calm, we've turned the corner.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I agree. I thought Shanghai Sharks were better than any version of the Warriors and Harden showed them up. We should be good for a 98-0 season with Harden going 30/10/10

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sharks got the developmental league Yao in their middle.