1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark my words, NAchbar will be a key contributor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by runninhorns, Oct 12, 2003.

1. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

After watching what Nachbar can do tonight from right behind the Rockets bench against the New Orleans Hornets, I believe that Nachbar will be a key contributor this year. His 3s will start falling once he becomes more comfortable. I saw him shoot during warmups , and he is a pure shooter. Just wait till he gets his feet wet. He can play big on the boards. He is 6-9 and moves very well for a 6-9 perimeter player. His defense is OK and rebounding is decent. Expect Nachbar to improve as the season rolls along and be a 3 point threat along with Pike.

2. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

Lets hope so

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i can only hope you are right.

i, too, have noticed his rebounding #'s. i feel like he is forcing his offence. if he would stop shooting (for now) and focus on defence and rebounding, he could be a solid contributer now that mo is gonna be out.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Unless his shots start going down he won't be too useful.His strength is slashing to the basket and getting to the free throw line.He should be concentrating on this even if his shots aren't falling.At least he might get a chance to make 5 or 6 free throws a game.

5. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

That's good to know. I've only been to one game before. It was last season, and I watched Eddie Griffin warmup-I wasn't impressed at all. I really don't think that EG can shoot.

I believe in Boki though. :D

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Eddie has a very FLAT shot that's the problem with it. I was at the game tonight and from where i was it was easy to see that Nachbar was getting into the mix he was trying to do what he can on Defense and get boards. He needs to swing more to the open side but with Yao in there, he was getting more looks. There was a lot of times that Francis just didn't pass the ball to him when he swung out to the outside. He is a shooter so he is going to have to get his confidence for that. As far as the couple times he slashed the only thing i saw wrong is that he doesn't go up strong. He looks to finger roll or be a finesse players sort of like Yao was.

In Europe you see Bokie go up with confidence and dunk on people. I really think that if he can slash and dunk on someone in the NBA and not be intimidated then it will break him out of the shell.

7. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

His rebounding is certainly better than expected. He uses his combination of size and athleticism/fluidness to get to the ball before anyone else can (except of course for Eddie ;)). But seriously man, and I'm not trying to bash you: his defense is still a few levels below "OK." However, if he just comes off the bench as a scoring punch this season, I think our shotblockers will be able to cover for him anyway.

8. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Boki can rebound, that's for sure.

9. tzhang

tzhang Member

Tom Chambers clone

10. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

I wished.

11. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

he made a couple of nice moves to the basket; he just couldn't finish; either bad shot or person in the way. He looks slow, but then he blows by you.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

reminds me of a guy we traded to get posey

Rocket River
    K-9 . . .. . . Keeping the torch going

13. Remix

Remix Member

He can steal rebounds to, anbody see him snatch a rebound from yao.

14. cujo

cujo Member

He's definitely having trouble hitting it in the game, but he is trying to do other things like rebound and hustling everywhere. I like the effort from....just hope he can start hitting those wide open jumpers which we all envisioned him doing. This team really needs some shooting lessons. Everyone just can't hit except for the three top guns. And the perimeter defense is always late getting to the shooter. I'm sure by the first regular game, Gundy will have this fixed...fingers crossed.

15. alaskansnowman

Boki's got game - It's just a matter of him getting comfortable within the real game. It's similar to the Dan Langhi situation, except I can easily see that Nachbar is already way of ahead of Langhi in the dribbling aspect. Nachbar does look pretty comfortable with the ball, and for a 6'9 guy that's pretty impressive. Like everyone has been saying, he JUST NEEDS HIS SHOT TO START FALLING! I'm sure this will take place as he plays more and more hopefully.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah. Boki did look pretty good tonight except for his shot. He rebounded well. Hustled. Played decent defense. He made some nice passes for assists. His play really got me through that game because seeing that he may actually turn out to be a player gave me hope for the Rockets. And good god they've played HORRIBLY in all of these preseason games. They've just looked horrendous. If Boki gets comfortable with his shot I could see him being a pretty damn nice ball player.

17. Panda

Panda Member

Boki played a grand total of 77 minutes in 14 games last year, and he's already a bust to some people.

18. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

We can only pray that Boki finds his shot, because without it, he is totally useless.

19. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Are you still projecting him in the mode of a Bullard??? If he can find his shot, he will look a little like a smaller Dirk: really good rebounder for his position, smooth slasher to the basket, decent passer and not a great defender. I can now see why the Rockets signed him - he just has to put it together.

20. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Dirk would be pushing it, but a Peja is not out of the question. I think that Nachbar is a better slasher than Peja, but if he can ever become close to the shooter that Peja is, then letting Posey go will make a whole lot of sense now.

Right now he is becoming one of my fav. players out there. I hope he starts hitting his shot, or at the very least finishing when he slashes to tbe basket.