1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Bill Worrell being pushed out by Rockets organization

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Aug 18, 2016.

1. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

No argument there! That food court was awesome.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thanks. I believe only one is non goose island. I'll have to check it out my next game

3. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Sad to hear this. I am in my 30s and do not remember a game that Bill Worrell didn't call. One more game with Bill and Calvin would be pretty amazing.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

People say Bill is such a homer but he always gives credit to the opposing team/player if they deserved it. More so than other play by play teams. Yeah he screws up names here and there but so what? You really need somebody to tell you what you can see? I much prefer the "two guys at a bar" talking it up format than the ol classic play by play, Xs and Os serious calls.

At least give Bill and Calvin one more season. Their chemistry was off the charts and would make me smile when they would clown on each other. It really added an extra, fun element to the games.

5. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

It would have been nice to have Bill and Calvin have one more season of calling the games together, like maybe just the home games at least. And I don't understand why anyone would be upset with him being a "homer". This is Rockets basketball, he should be a homer. I could not care less how other fans rank his objectivity during games.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where did the "Dream Shake" come from?

7. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Rapidly losing interest in this organization as a whole. Hate to say it...

8. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

This.. bill and Calvin can prob do standup comedy together

9. awc713

awc713 Member

preface: i enjoy cyberx posts and never question his credibility...

but if cyberx is joel blank (which makes sense given tad brown's implosion on inner-organization leaks contrasted with blank's subsequent and unexplained firing), then this cyberbomb has little value.

10. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Les needs to retire himself.

11. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

cyberx would probably be able to confirm but i dont think that blank was not fired for leaks

12. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

messed that up

fixed above

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Les, try not to be a ****

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Get your Bill Worrell commemorative mugs, keychains and calendars at Clutch store!! (While supplies last!)

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Get your Bill Worrell commemorative mugs, keychains and calendars where there's a whole "clutch" of items at Clutch store!!

16. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Can't wait for the made-up illness that the rockets will report to make sure that bill worrell retires ie: Rudy T.

They just dont have the balls to fire someone without making it seem like it wasnt on them.

17. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Messed up ordeal. Bill has been the one constant since I've been watching the Rockets on tv. I've never disliked or got tiresome by his work.

18. dwhite

dwhite Member

The Rockets have become a classless organization under this current regime. I used to be a huge fan of the way Les ran this organization. He has changed the last several years and no longer literally appears to care about what his customers (fans) want. He allowed Morey to run the class of this organization into the ground, then gave the fans the middle finger with the D'Antoni hiring, and now basically has fired a Houston announcing legend. There is a reason no fans show up for Rockets games anymore and there is rarely any sportstalk about the Rockets on their local sports stations. I guess most of Houston already knew how much of a pompass ass Les was and I have just arrived late to the game.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The ratings for Rocket games are sure to soar with this move. A playoff team can't afford to be dragged down by their announcer like the Rockets clearly were.

Bud Adams died, and so will Leslie at some point.

1 person likes this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

These type of people usually have very long lives. It's the good ones that seem to go very young.

1 person likes this.