1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Codman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. basketballholic

Don't be surprised if DMo, Ariza, and Bev are all gone to start the season. I'll be shocked if they're all here. I fully expect DMo to be traded. And I highly suspect both Ariza and Bev could both be gone as well, either for that clear second option or in trades that seem somewhat repetitive with us acquiring talents similar to what we already have at 1-4. But this could be setting up a bigger move at the deadline if we don't get Mr. Second Option now.

One thing to remember about DeMarcus. He is a superstar. As such, he is going to choose his destination if Sacramento moves him. So even though we may not have enough assets to match Boston or other teams, if he wants us over them he'll be traded here if we can get the right combination of assets to give Sacramento for him if they decide to move him rather than lose him. And that's what is at the heart it'd all these trade rumours involving us. We're trying to get Mr. Second Option to team with James. DeMarcus.is the obvious guy out there that could likely become available. (With Paul George as a dark horse down the road a little bit.) No team is going to go win-win on a player like DeMarcus, who has this year and next before he can walk in free agency, without affirmation from the player that they want to play there.

Now DeMarcus may be amenable to bring traded to Boston. That's a good team and great organization. If that's the case, then if Sacramento decides to deal him, Boston has the assets to get him for sure. Which means we'll have to go in a different direction. But that hasn't been decided yet. The holdup to most of the free agent/trade movement at present is Sacramento making a declarative that they aren't moving DeMarcus until the deadline at the earliest. DeMarcus is most likely leaving Sacramento when his contract is up. When they finally give up on retaining him they'll move him. There's a ton of junk going on behind the scenes. But rest assured he is our #1 focus at the moment. Morey is busting his brain trying to acquire him.

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Appreciate your input when it's like this. My only concerns are (assuming we somehow get him):

1. What his relationship (if any) is with Harden
    2. Is he fine being second fiddle or will his ego be too big like Dwight?
    3. How does he fit into a D'Antoni Offense? I know Mike will make adjustments around his personnel but it's still a legitimate concern
    4. He can knock down a jumper but won't acquriing boogie bring much of the same issues we saw last season, where James had his greatest strength weakened by the lane being too clogged? I know we have some better shooters now but I'm not sure it will work.

3. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Codman, have they tried imaginary exercises and imagery ? This has been scientifically proven to work, but only a few hospitals across the nation are practicing it. This healed a family member from cancer.

For 15 minutes a day imagine where your cancer is, and imagine something coming and eraising/removing your cancer completely. You could imagine the good cells being blue and the bad cells being red. Get rid of the red cells. Imagine how you're going to feel when you're cancer free. Imagine everyones reaction when you're cancer free. Hug them. Celebrate (in your mind) everyday. This will manifest. Do this everyday. Paraplegics have gotten up and walked out of the hospital practicing this method. Please try it, believe and see your results.

I don't know if Codman comes back to read these posts but I hope he gets it. Thoughts are more powerful than we realize. We can all imagine and believe in Codman"s healing together. Forget the insider stuff, his health is more important. Whatever is going to happen (with the Rockets) in due time will or won't happen.

3 people like this.
  4. bballjunkie

bballjunkie Member

Thoughts, prayers and love to you, Codman! I enjoy the insight you bring to Clutchfans and appreciate you sharing what you hear. Feel better and take down the big C!!

5. basketballholic

Trey, would you answer this?

6. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Cousins reminds me a lot of Amare when he was on the Suns. So D'antoni could definitely work with that. I also feel like he would be okay with being 2nd Option considering he's obsessed with the idea of winning.

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Great post

8. rocketseagles07

Boogie doesn't play in the lane. He almost plays like a guard in the post where he gets the ball, faces up and uses his strength to get the hoop.

His ego is not like Dwight's. Part of Dwight's problem w/ not getting enough touches is that's what he uses to tell himself he's still a dominant player. It's not his fault, it's his lack of touches that's to blame.

Boogie will get his numbers and then some. James has no problem passing the ball and getting out of the way but when he loses trust w/ players he stops giving them the ball(kobe is kind of the same way). James has never had a problem feeding d-mo in the post because he knows he's effective.

Above all I really do think winning is the cure to Cousins' attitude. His tantrums aren't selfish tantrums sometimes, a lot of times they're because he's losing.

9. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

This morning a friend of mine, Vietnam veteran Doug Lester, got results back from a mass in his lower intestine. It's stage 4 stomach cancer. He's at the Veteran's hospital off Almeda&OST and I will be visiting him later today. This came as a huge surprise and has devastated a lot of us. It's still so new and unbelievable that it hasn't completely set in yet. He has known me all 29 years of my life and we are very close.

Thank you for this post and I'm going to share it with him. Please keep him in your prayers fellas. Cancer sucks.

3 people like this.
  10. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really sorry to her that. I posted earlier about my bout with cancer and its happy ending. If this helps at all... I had three truly bad days with cancer.

The first was after I knew I had it, but before we knew what. I went to my first visit to the oncologists office and there were a lot of old broken down people. It was scary, flat out. I was about 20-30 years younger than who I saw, so I had strength to help me fight. But I'll tell you that was about the worst day of my life. (Wow, just remembering that is making me tear up now and it's been 6-7 years ago).

Second bad day was while waiting for radiation one day. Saw a young guy in pretty muscular shape who really couldn't even hold his head up. Later when I took chemo I understood the bone tiredness, but just seeing that was rough. And that was rough on me, can't imagine how he felt!

Third bad day was chemo class. They prepare you for the worst. Oh God it can get ugly. I left shocked, and I mean shocked. There was a lady (stranger to me) there who looked like she took it worse than me and it was obvious she needed a friend. But I was too flipped to even talk to her.

Wow, that was really emotional for me, Out of the blue. Point I'm trying to make is that everything is worse when you don't know what is going on. The unknown is a huge driver of fear. Just be there to help Doug. He will appreciate it. Hold his hand, listen to his stories, be supportive, be steady, just be there. Sounds contrary, but leave when it is time to go. A friend sat with me for hours at a time, and a lot of it I just wanted to be alone. It was a huge help when I wanted him to be there, but I didn't have the emotional strength to leave. Don't be afraid to ask Doug what he wants. And allow him to change his mind if he wants to.

PS: My second bout was stage four too. And again it all worked out for me - though testicular is 'better' than stomach. Medicine has come a long way.
    Best of luck to Doug. And best of luck to all his friends - it is difficult for family and everybody involved. I didn't realize the strain on my wife until a year or two later.

#210 Pat, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ariza is a good role player and solid defender. No way he gets shipped out unless a solid piece comes back. A piece like Paul Millsap. Not Rudy Gay.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, Trevor is more valuable than Gay for us at this point. Better contract too.

13. basketballholic

You're right. But........If he does get shipped for Gay....There's another trade coming to even up the scales. So.....He could get moved now as part of a deal for Gay....With another deal agreed upon to be executed at a later date.

However this scenario is unlikely.

BTW, most of our interest in Gay is as a tradeable expiring contract for later.

14. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Not sure if you've been paying attention but expiring contracts in a market with a rising cap hold little to no value.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The cap rise next season was cut back by....how many millions?

There are likely teams that would love to shave a little more off the cap here and there.

Golden State will have a time of it paying Curry (I think he can opt out next summer?) and Durant (what with the other pair in the Fab Four getting p-a-y-d paid).

16. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

http://www.sportsrageous.com/nba/nb...ve-up-brewer-mcdaniels-or-future-picks/41379/

A Rudy Gay trade to the Houston Rockets may be coming in the next few weeks. A local radio station in Houston discussed the NBA rumors concerning the Sacramento Kings forward and confirmed that there were conversations between the Rockets and Kings for a possible trade.

The players mentioned in the Rudy Gay acquisition for the Rockets are Corey Brewer, Trevor Ariza and K.J. McDaniels.

ALSO READ: Should the Phoenix Suns trade Tyson Chandler?

Brewer could be a salary dump option for the Kings and the Sacramento might agree to a deal if the Rockets can send a future draft pick. Ariza was a major part of the Rockets season last year and the Rockets might want to stick with him while McDaniels is still a young player and has potential to be a starter.

Like us on Facebook
    The Kings are on rebuilding mode and not seen as playoff contenders next season so getting young guys like McDaniels or future draft picks could be the plan in Sacramento.

The Rockets want to remain playoff contenders in the Western Conference after signing James Harden to a contract extension. The biggest free agency loss for Houston was Dwight Howard moving to the Atlanta Hawks but they could be a better team next season without the chemistry issues between their stars.

Without Howard, the Rockets are going with Clint Capela and Nene Hilario at the center spot. They also acquired Ryan Anderson in free agency and will make him their starting power forward.

With new head coach Mike D’Antoni, the Rockets are expected to remain a running team and will have a great offense in the upcoming 2016-2017 NBA Season.

ALSO READ: Bucks dealing Jabari Parker?

Could there be any truth in the Rudy Gay to Houston NBA rumors? Adding the veteran makes sense, as he is a versatile forward who can fit D’Antoni’s fast paced offensive style and he can start in the frontcourt or come off the bench for Anderson and Ariza.

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Ariza, KJ & Brewer...while the latter 2 I don't care about, Ariza alone is enough, Brewer as salary dump would be great, but losing Ariza just for Gay? No way!!

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

How did Cousins wind up in this thread; at all in discussions w/TheGoodGuys??? :confused:

Is this total spec or is there something - - anything - - to it??? :confused:

19. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I will. Some or most times it doesn't start spreading as fast until the doctor comes back and says it's there. Its the thinking of it all. Just knowing and believing its there is enough. That's why its important to battle those thoughts with healing thoughts. Imagine it gone. Its hard but it takes practice. Everyone around him needs to not only pray, but think & speak positive. I hope it helps.

1 person likes this.
  20. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

What about Ariza, Brewer and the rights to Llull for Gay and Collison? Maybe Sac does this deal if they can work out a commitment from Llull first.