1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Restaurants

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Buck Turgidson, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Pappasito's fajitas have gone downhill over the years. 10 years ago they might have given other places a run for their money. Now, you're just paying an arm and a leg for fatty beef and a terrible experience with wait times.

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Their cheese fries are still the bomb. I rarely ever eat there and I have one right by work. When in the mood though I'll get a to go order of just the fries with queso on the side. Get home, put fries in oven to crisp them and pour on queso. Magnifico.

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Interesting responses regarding the fajitas. For those who use Yelp, look at the reviews for El Tiempo's fajitas. Many reviews state how Pappasitos is better.

Maybe it's the location? I only go to the I-10 Pappasitos. Excellent fajitas.

4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

their quality of food is just like denny's and IHOP, except without the breakfast.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

Applebee's still is and will remain as my #1 worst restaurant in the world.

I'd rather eat white rice and salt than that garbage they call meals.

6. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

not many folks go to a bbq joint to get their frieds....

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

8. Buck Turgidson

How is this a problem?

9. ABforPresident

Chipotle is very overrated IMO

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

I love Sombrero. Habaneros Tex mex is great too, clear lake city blvd/Blackhawk.

12. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

I need to change my worst restaurant ever.
    I went to The Tasting Room in Kingwood. I've had the one in Memorial which was ok, however, this one is terrible.

We went for restaurant week, it took 45 mins for them to get the apps out. It was 3 little baby portabellos with cheese and tomatoes stuff in it, also a beef tartare. The salad came quick after that. Then another 25 mins for the entree. I straight up told the waiter I was going to leave if the food was not coming out. They finally brought it out and it was the worst. The chicken on person got was half a cornish hen. Another person got a fish on top of white rice, both things had no flavor. I got the chicken fried steak which was literally a 1 inch steak they deep fried on top of mashed potatoes with no flavor, except for the drizzled balsamic vinegar sauce. Then when I got my dessert, it was 1/4 of a brownie with a microscoop of ice cream. They comped our meal I tipped the waiter 40 dollars, it wasn't his fault.

Anyways don't ever go there, I don't know how it even had 3.5 stars on yelp.

13. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

HRW tend to have smaller portions.

Secondly, nothing is worse than Applebee's.

Nothing.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah, you can't get mad about small portions if you order off the HRW menu.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

tbh if you're gonna go somewhere for restaurant week going to the tasting room isn't really getting much value out of it.

16. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

It was over a decade ago, but, I first went to this Italian joint called Louisa's in Milwaukee when my parents were in town. Their initial bread-and-oil they gave you was actually pretty decent, but thereafter their food was all-around average-to-bad.

Then several months later, a new-ish girlfriend wanted to go out and had picked out an Italian restaurant that "her friends had said was good," but she "couldn't remember the name, they just told me where it was." Got there, and it was Louisa's again. Ordered something different. We both thought it was bad.

Then, 3 or 4 months later... same girlfriend. Her parents visit and want to meet me. They say they've picked out a restaurant and would pick us up. Bet you can't guess where they took us. Everyone agreed, once again, that it was pretty bad.

Thereafter I was on-the-ball enough to avoid going to unspecified/unnamed Italian restaurants. They went out of business about 3 or 4 years later.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not much to choose from in Kingwood. Amedeo's is pretty good. And by proxy, Raffa's (right next door to where you were) since they are both owned by the same guy.

Other than that...just average tex-mex on every corner.

18. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Im not really that mad about small portions more that their food quality just sucks so badly. I just don't understand how there are people that think the food is decent. They must be all drunk off the wine.

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I've learned you can't judge any restaurant if you try it for the first time during HRW. Including food quality. Maybe they are just so busy, some restaurants are n't able to keep up the quality with the higher demand.

20. Buck Turgidson

Can't speak to your experience or anything, but the people who are actually cooking the food during Restaurant Week (in any city) ****ing hate the concept. It's a terrible time to visit an ostensibly "fancy" place and judge it.