1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to show Pippen some respect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old School, Feb 26, 2001.

1. BlazerGal

BlazerGal Member

HAHA! i knew I'de get responses like those. I don't need to brag about a Portland win. You Rocket fans are making such a big deal about an oppsing fan posting in your forum. We're all basketball fans, and the rivalaries are part of it. Nothing wrong with telling opposing fans what you think. And YES, i did say post whatver you want to post when you want, but the Pippen mess is becoming old now, it's about time you got over it.

------------------
    Blazing to the Title!

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

3. Toast

Toast Member

Pippen himself's getting a little old. I think he needs to get over his shoulder, his back, and whatever else has been ailing him throughout his career. He needs to get over his better-than-everyone attitude, too, because let's face it, without Jordan on his team, Pippen's always been a bust. I feel sorry for you BlazerGal, 'cause you have to deal with him on your team. I'll tell you what, though. When he dribbles the ball off his leg to end all your Blazer playoff hopes, you can come crying to this forum, 'cause we all know the feeling. And when he insults Rasheed, Mighty Mouse, and all your favorite Blazers, again, we will empathize with you.

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

If Pippen really was a top 50 player I think we would have gone a little farther in the playoffs the season, er 50 games, that we had him. Does anyone remember the one game with us that he threw up that hook shot from mid-court at the buzzer when the game was already decided and made it? Well, that is about the story of his whole career...LUCK. He was lucky to be drafted by Chicago, lucky to be able to saddle up w/ MJ for all those years, and lucky he is still regarded as a 'good' player by non-Houstonians.

------------------
    "Steve is good. Steve is real good."
    -- Cleveland's rookie point guard Andre Miller on Rocket rookie point Steve Francis

5. Colby

Colby Member

Pippen can respect my.........

------------------
    "Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley

6. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Pippen sucks! He is one of the biggest jerks in the NBA. He also makes my list of most overated players of all time.

Straight up!!!The biggest loser I ever known who went to 50 greatest players list.Thats why Phil could'nt sign quitten a fat contract because the guy obiously looks better in the shadow of MJ.I would scratch his name on the 50 GP. and put Dominique Wilkens instead. Can you Dig it!!I know i can! [​IMG]

------------------
    Rudy T. will find and fulfill Rockets destiny.

7. cson

cson Contributing Member

yes it is my friend....yes it is [​IMG]

------------------
    C-son

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

And then BlazerGal can kiss it! [​IMG]

------------------
    The season's halfway over...and I still need that keg of Pepto-Bismol.

[This message has been edited by AstroRocket (edited February 26, 2001).]

9. clutchdream

clutchdream Member

Respect my a$$!
    Scottie peepee, ready or not...here comes Houston.

------------------
    Baseball is wrong, a man with four balls can't walk.

10. haven

haven Member

Pippen is a poor man's Vince Carter [​IMG].

------------------
    Why is it that everytime BC defeats a major conference opponent, that opponent promptly goes on a losing streak?

PS. Notre Dame sucks

11. rock

rock Member

A poor poor man's.

------------------

12. JCBlazersGirl33

"Pippen was on the bench with a headache."

He was a 23 yr old country boy who had just seen his father in a casket. What kind of mental state would you have been in if you had just flown home to bury one of the most important people in your life? Yeah you would have been pretty hyped about a basketball game i'm sure. These people are human beings, too you know. [​IMG] Some people grieve for years, nevermind get migraines.

~~Oh, and great game by your guys the other night against our guys. I couldn't watch (i had to be in my own game) but from what i gather you guys had the blazers nailed until late in the game. The weird thing about our ballclub this year is they make it a habit to come surging back in the final stretches of the game. Last year, it was exactly the opposite, Portland would be up 20 and the lead would dwindle in the fianl 2 minutes. I think i like thsi years approach better. hey, it beat the spurs, lakers, and rockets, but came up short against the clippers [​IMG]

------------------
    PHILOSOPHY "Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: 'mankind'. Basically, it's made up of two separate words -- 'mank' and 'ind'. What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind."

[This message has been edited by JCBlazersGirl33 (edited February 28, 2001).]

13. JCBlazersGirl33

Hmmm..After thoroughly evaluating the content of this thread, i have seen the light. That's right, I am hereby convinced that Pippen is a the crappiest of crappy. He has no skills, and is just another Yinka Dara in the league. He has no game, and not only that, he's Satan himself. He's pure evil should be drowned or burned like those evil witch people in Salem. I don't know why he's on the top 50. But wait? What's this I see? Facts from the history books? *gasp*:

CAREER POSTSEASON NBA LEADER BOARDS - ALL TIME

§ Jordan - 5987
    § Abdul Jabbar - 5762
    § West - 4457
    § Malone - 4203
    § Bird - 3897
    § Havlicek - 3776
    § Olajuwon - 3727
    § Magic Johnson - 3701
    § Baylor - 3623
    § Chamberlain - 3607
    § Pippen - 3529

Offensive Rebounds

§ Rodman - 626
    § Parish - 571
    § Barkley - 510
    § Moses Malone - 510
    § Abdul Jabbar - 505
    § Horace Grant - 501
    § Oakley - 499
    § Olajuwon - 462
    § McHale - 456
    § Pippen - 454

Rebounds

§ Russell - 4104
    § Chamberlain - 3913
    § Abdul Jabbar - 2481
    § Unseld - 1777
    § Karl Malone - 1769
    § Parish - 1765
    § Baylor - 1724
    § Bird - 1683
    § Rodman - 1676
    § Olajuwon - 1602
    § Barkley - 1582
    § Pippen - 1527

Assists

§ Magic Johnson - 2346
    § Stockton - 1716
    § Bird - 1062
    § Jordan - 1022
    § Pippen - 1011

Games

§ Abdul Jabbar - 237
    § Pippen - 198

[/b]Minutes

§ Abdul Jabbar - 8851
    § Pippen - 7814

Steals

§ Pippen - 383

Clyde Drexler and Scottie Pippen : Only players in NBA history with at least 16,000 points, 6,000 rebounds, 5,000 assists and 2,000 steals.

Bobby Jones and Scottie Pippen : only players with 8 consecutive ALL-DEFENSIVE First Team Appearances.

Named MVP of the 1994 NBA All-Star Game, posting 29 points, 11 rebounds and 4 steals 9in Jordan's absence{got most all star vots too}).

A member of both the 1992 and 1996 gold medal-winning United States Olympic Basketball Teams

~~~~~~~~

Naaaaah. [​IMG] I guess i didn't really mean what i said prior to looking at these things. This is only part of the story, but my English paper is calling. [​IMG] Have a nice evening everybody. I'll be back when our two teams meet in the playoffs. Good luck

[This message has been edited by JCBlazersGirl33 (edited February 28, 2001).]

14. Rollinrockets

Rollinrockets Member

I dunno about satan...he looks more like that Humpty-hump dance guy to me. All those stats should have an asterisk by them reading *all of these things were achieved thanks to MJ

------------------

15. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I'll always think he's a punk mainly because of that one time he asked a restaurant/bar to pick up a pay per view fight, then when the fight was over in like a round, he wouldn't pay for the fight and he's the one that wanted them to order it in the first place!!! what a punk. the guy makes bunches of money and wouldn't even fork over the $50 for the fight...

rH

------------------
    The Psychedelic Groove House of Rockets Basketball Love!
    Homecourt will always be 'The Summit' to me!! Until we move downtown!!
    Come and chat with us on game nights in CC.net chat!

16. Valio!

Valio! Member

total post season stats? doesnt that indicate that he's just played in a lot more post season games? I mean if he got a bunch of rings I would hope that he would have clocked in a lot during the postseason...Scottie is a decent player...I have no problemswith that - but I do think he is more of an over-glorified role player.

------------------
    "Segregation is an absolutely horrid practice - except when it comes to numbers and letters. I just don't think they should be mixed." - P. Mesku on his dislike of algebra

17. Toast

Toast Member

Exactly. If Michael Jordan can get him 6 rings, it means Jordan also got him to more post season games than most players. So total post season points, rebounds, whatever isn't a strong indication of how good a player someone is. I'm sure you noticed how many great players were not among those stats you listed. Still, it is worth mentioning that Pippen's name is on those lists and not some other role player like BJ Armstrong or Horace Grant or Pax or Steve Kerr or even Bill Cartright. Yeah, I'll give it up. Pippen was better than those guys.

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club

18. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Where was all that playoff experience when the Blazers were fumbling away their title hopes last year? I don't remember #33 stepping up and saving the day. Those stats are interesting but they are very much pumped up by hitching a ride to more playoff games than a lot of other players. He's got skills, I don't dispute that, but when the game/season is on the line, he is not the one you want in the spotlight.

I like the Blazers. I wanted them to win last year. #33 is just an over-rated role player who hurt our team and we don't give him any slack for it. You know, we wouldn't even hold such a grudge if he hadn't talked so much smack about the Rockets on his way out: blaming his teammates for losing, blaming the coach for his role, blaming his role for his poor production, blame blame blame. You reap what you sow.

We usually hold no grudges towards ex-Rockets, even those that don't leave under the best of circumstances (see Mad Max, Mario Elie). That alone should tell you something about the impression #33 left behind.

------------------