1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Gordon
    Harden
    Ariza
    Gay
    Anderson

vs

Curry
    Thompson
    Iggy
    Durant
    Green

Not many teams would be able to matchup against the Warriors' "Death Line-Up" better than that. Goes without saying that the Warriors' lineup is still unquestionably superior.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you are saying that no defense lineup matches up well against the Warriors' "death lineup" are you suggesting that the goal is to have the Warriors win? I see that lineup as the Rockets' "death lineup" in that it'll kill the team and prevent them from winning any game they use it in. Want to be outscored by 40? Use that lineup.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Haha Gay alone isnt going to move the needle at all. Need a Bledsoe, Millsap type player and add Gay to maybe move into top 5 territory.

1 person likes this.
  4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I think that lineup would force a lot of turnovers and pressure other teams to play faster than they'd like. It definitely wouldn't be the best defensive lineup out there.

The defense this season will be better by default. We're going to get a reminder of what TEAM DEFENSE actually looks like, as opposed to switching everything and hoping DH cleans up the mess at the rim.

5. rocketseagles07

I'd be fine with each of those matchups except ryno/dray. Green would kill him. But I understand you said the dubs lineup is still superior

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If we are just talking about players who can create their own shot, Anderson can get off his own shot, too. He doesn't just camp out shooting 3 ptrs. He has a mid-range game, and a very accomplished dead-leg, fade-away jumper.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be shocked if that lineup forced any turnovers or pressure at all. 4 of the 5 people you have on the court are straight up awful defensively when Harden isn't trying and when he is trying, Harden is your 2nd best defender on the court with that lineup.

Swap out Ariza for Brewer and Gay for Beasley and that's literally the worst defensive lineup you could go with.

8. hakeemthagreat

No way I'm getting rid of Bev for Rubio. I wouldn't give up Brewer for Rubio. As bad as we shot last year, Rubio's probably worse than everybody on last year's team. He sucks plain & simple

9. alethios

alethios Member

I agree - based on what others are saying about Gay, with his declining athleticism and being more of a tweener 3-4 who can create his own shot, I'd say we already have that player in Beasley, with less defense.

10. basketballholic

If you want a turnover-creating lineup with shooters and playmakers and defenders something like Rubio, Harden, Ariza, Noel, Crowder would be quite fanciful.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well...sure...but how are we getting Rubio, Noel, and Crowder? Because we certainly aren't getting them by trading our current assets.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this is how i see it as well.

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Gay and alone vs naked and afraid

14. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Nene can create his own shot as well. It will be good to have a big that can get the ball anywhere on the floor and get to the paint with power (with post moves). He wont need to go down on one block, hand fight for a lil while to get position, dribble a few times not going anywhere, then shoot a weak flip up hook shot (or turn it over or get called for offensive foul) And if he gets fouled he can make his FTs. Will be refreshing to see that on our team for a change.

15. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Houston was not all that bad on defense this season, what I found them to be worse at was defensive rebounding. Looking at the Nene signing while cleerly a better fit for our system than Dwight, rebounding is not his area at I expect this to be a big problem for the Rockets this year as well.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Would Codman be ok with his own thread? I feel like a lot of what he says gets lost in these threads..but i'm not sure if he wants the kind of attention Cyber got..

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This would be legit!

18. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

I honestly didn't even know Codman commented in this thread until someone mentioned it in another thread so it would be nice, also making it a rubio free zone would also be great :p

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, i just want more Codman's posts, really love them.

But i'm also ok (and understand) if he doesn't want to post more then what he already does.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

How is this not more widely accepted?

Just because he converses with himself on occasion is irrelevant. It is clear: bobbythejpotmacaholic

1 person likes this.