1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Tigers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 29, 2016.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Castro... swing the damn bat.

2. Airdough

Airdough Member

Why on Earth would add to this team now? It's time to trade Fister, Feldman, and Neshek for prospects which can be had given the pitching market. You can also try on Gregerson too.

It's time to see if the replacements from the minors can help and avoids the risk of someone taking the QO again. Add the prospects you add from that to others to give flexibility to explore the market for Sale or Archer in the offseason.

Start identifying who else can help you and be part of your core. This isn't the same American League as last year, it's much deeper in talent so adding MLB talent now through trade isn't going to help you be a contender. Shaking up the roster through trading and putting more of the future out there now might help you make a surprise run.

1 person likes this.
  3. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I think if we were 6 back of making the playoffs at all, I would agree with you. And obviously rather win division, but we are right in the playoff mix

And, most likely if we made a big trade it would be for a controllable piece

4. thesimp

thesimp Member

The lineup needed improvement before Valbuana and Marwin got injured. Now they're hurt, same time we're facing the best competition of the season. Our pitching is inconsistent. The stars are aligned for a disastrous stretch of games.

Only hope is Bregman starting to mash, timely hitting, along with the starters being good enough to keep in games.

5. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

watching hinch press conference. god i hate this idiot.

not even showing emotion. any real manager would be pissed off right now. the hell with u hinch

6. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

He's a chump and fits in perfect wth Houston. We are all chumps

7. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

When Alex Bregman reached 1st base after his first major league hit, Miguel Cabrera told him, "Congrats. 2,999 more. Let’s go.”
    - jake kaplan

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Stop with the pity party. It's a long season.

9. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Either tell Musgrove he's pitching tomorrow or not! Why do we put more **** into our rookies heads than we have to? Geez.

10. Buck Turgidson

Are you also completely ignorant about the other big sports, or is this just baseball-centric dumbassery?

11. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I spent the day not being mad at sports.

Seems like other people spent their day doing just that.

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

This game and series were a reality check. Keuchel still not improved all that much and we are still a bad road team. We are pissing away the season after working so hard to get back in the race. Its frustrating.

13. conquistador#11

not really. I believe in september last year we dwindled all the way down to 7 or 8 games above .500 before one final push on chris carter's bat.

really need valbuena and marwin to come back asap.

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yeah our last second recovery after last years mega collapse doesn't fill me with confidence about this year. We aren't playing the way we should be and it's perfectly acceptable to be dusturbed by the recent trend of crap ball we are playing. Also, 86-78 wont get us squat this year so lets all hope for some improvement.

15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Huston Street sucks.

16. Major

Major Member

It seems like half the people here have never followed baseball in their life, but have extremely strong opinions about all sorts of stuff about the team. They would hate being fans of every team in the league based on how psycho they go over small things that happen to every team in baseball.

17. Major

Major Member

Can you point me to the team that hasn't lost 3 games in row this season? Or is it only the Astros that are held to some ridiculous standard? The team is 5-5 in their last 10 games. They are over 0.500 for the month. They aren't playing "crap ball".

18. Major

Major Member

The Cubs, the best team in baseball, have played 0.500 ball for 2 straight months. They lost 9 out of 10 games entering the all-star break. It happens. That's how baseball works. If you're not OK with that, just be aware you will be endlessly miserable following this sport.

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

We have lost 5 of 6 and 6 of our last 10. We got smashed in 3 of those games too. Detroit just outscored us 28-8 in that 3 game sweep. So yeah, crap ball for sure.

20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I would bet that being a baseball fan since 1980 has given me enough experience to not be endlessly miserable and I don't think you should tell people how baseball works. We are playing bad. Cubs did not start the season poorly like we did.

2 people like this.