1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Attempted Coup occuring in Turkey

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

So why do you think your babble matters to others ! Because you think so of course when you hear voices in you head guiding you to the right direction ..

or worried of budget that cut your hope from a legitimate employment ?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you don't have to get upset about your station in life, you could have just said "yes". Like I said, why would others value the opinion of someone who doesn't even get a say in the affairs of their own country? I imagine it's not your fault but when someone is a peon in a backwards ass state like Saudi Arabia, it's impossible to take their opinion seriously when they aren't even critical of their own system.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

And it's over.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wonder if Erdogan actually set this up with some loyal "double agent" types well placed in the military. Now he gets a real purge of all possible enemies after a perfect discovery of them. Thousands of officers out, and now they're reporting thousands of judges too.

Another large step toward dictatorship. If they have another election, it will be largely a sham.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

You get emotionally irrational easily tough guy..but to cope with you until you calm down let's carry this chitchat .There are limits of what Saudis can do such as

- vote for city council and such only, can't vote for trump
    -women not allowed to drive but hire someone else to be private driver
    - can't shoot Blacks
    -can't call Mexicans or any other immigrants rapist without facing legal action, I bit you can't survive there but the good news with free health care and generous donation from kind people like me,u gets your back covered

6. Egemen

Egemen Member

I wish all of you that you will never seen anything like this.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Egemen, are you Turkish? Are you a Rockets fan?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I certainly wish that no one else finds themselves in a nation heading towards religious dictatorship to where there would be a need for a military coup to return the country to secular democracy.

9. Egemen

Egemen Member

Yes, I am Turkish and also a Rockets fan.

Well, coup's purpose wasn't secular democracy. Soldiers who did try to do coup are highly influenced Islamists. (their leader is Fetullah Gülen who lives in U.S)

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

When it comes to Erdogan, nothing would surprise me. I agree that this will bring a dictatorship closer to fruition. It will be a "democracy" in name only.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

Arkadash excuse my fellow members.above .they usually half 2 hours break before we pull them back to nursery care

12. Raz

Raz Member

I do know that military always defended secularism in Turkey and that was the last chance to prevent the fascistic islamic state Erdogan is working on for years now. Not sure if that's better.

Not sure if Gülen really was involved, like they say.

13. Egemen

Egemen Member

No problem, I have seen worse.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do we know that for a fact or is he just the scapegoat? Even then, he's a moderate Muslim according to everything I've ever heard about him and someone who allegedly supports secular democracy. Erdogan on the other hand is considered to be much less moderate. It would also make sense to brand the coup attempt as a plot by Gulen in order to strip the military of power and prevent them from stepping in and stopping Erdogan's dictatorship. Erdogan has been taking shots at the military for a while now and this is the perfect opportunity to brand anyone in the military who is against him as Gulenists.

We'll see how this goes, but I don't think Turkey is heading in the right direction. Good luck to you.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Don't believe the Erdogan propaganda.

16. Egemen

Egemen Member

We don't know exactly who did the coup because they didn't say who they are. They just said a basically nickname and that's it. But all the reports i saw(both pro Erdogan or not) say it was Gulenist who did the coup.

For me both Gulen and Erdogan are extremely dangerous for country. They got along quite nicely until 2013(they basically re-shape the whole system and put their guys in an important positons when they were good) Maybe Gulen seen as more moderate in outside but that's not the case for secular Turkish people like me.

Erdogan has incredible power right know and godknows what will happens next. Thank you for wishing luck.

17. jdhu

jdhu Member

Thanks for the perspective. No matter what, I hope this is positive for Turkey's future.

18. Egemen

Egemen Member

I'm not believing anything. It just not looked like false flag or inside job. We won't ever know what's the truth anyway.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Erdogan, before the coup, had stated that Gulen and his followers are terrorists. What terrorism have they committed?

20. Egemen

Egemen Member

According to Erdoğan or according to me?