1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. dwhite

dwhite Member

How has this racist not been suspended or cut by now??? The Rockets are a class organization (with the exception of Morey) and should put honor and respect before talent. Had acwhite player on the team retweeted praise for the killings of those black churchgoers in the South Carolina church by the white racist a couple of years ago and called him a martyr then he would have been cut asap. What message is KJ sending to the kids who follow this team....you are a hero and it is ok to take the lives of 5 innocent people if it furthers your cause??? #PREACH!!!

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. You have the right to say stupid stuff and get blasted and even fired for it. Freedom of speech just means the government can't throw you in jail for it.

1 person likes this.
  3. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Can't combat violence with violence. Much like you can't cover a reputation of bad basketball play with terrible shooting. Wrong move KJ.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Maybe he didn't just read the headline and actually read the article before he posted it. I only hope he did. The headline said 'martyr', the article said a lot more. So of course he responds and says "hey, I didn't say he was a martyr, she did". Plus I'm sure he got a bunch of hateful tweets in response to his retweet that ticked him off. Like this one:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/KJMcDaniels">@KJMcDaniels</a> Lol well u definitely are your mother's son. The nut doesn't fall too far from the tree</p>&mdash; Freddy (@FreddyGeezy) <a href="https://twitter.com/FreddyGeezy/status/752978990877540352">July 12, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

From reading this thread, it is obvious that lots of folks don't know what 'freedom of speech' is.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao kj mom! I forgot about how crazy she is

7. dwhite

dwhite Member

How can Les Alexander in good conscience write a check for 7 million dollars the next two seasons for this heartless thug?

8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I really think the media and others in high places are trying to bait us into a race war. My company works with the Chicago Police and there are more young black men killed there, but it gets very little national attention.

Sorry, I know this is BBall discussion and while I'm not thrilled with KJ's actions I can't condemn him until he has an opportunity to explain himself. We've all said and/or done stupid things when we were young.

Never thought I'd say this (because I've never liked anything about Dallas), but I pray for the DPD and the community. The killer was not a martyr he was a fanatic and there will be more incidents as long as hatred is spread.

1 person likes this.
  9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL. Here we go with the euphemisms.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

1) I think the more appropriate description would be this person who supported the opinion of a terrorist empathizer who doesn't feel remorse for the victims.

2) Leslie paying KJ probably has more to do with the CBA than his personal feelings. Even if KJ gets cut, he'll still get paid.

11. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I read the article

His response had an angry vibe

Believe what you want

If I'm going to continue to spend my hard earned money on this team, I sure hope he is not a member of it any longer

12. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Go ask KJ when you see him at a game next time and have him explain it for you.

13. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Here's the reply you want

14. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Not the kind of person I would want to talk to

And seriously doubt he is on the team by opening day

15. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

This clown already needed to be on his way. Below average describes both his NBA ability and his intelligence.

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

His response-
    "I ain't read it so pipe down"

17. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

He's a super nice guy, have had great convo with him before. You most likely are misconstruing what he meant but seems like you don't care either way so your mind is already made up like all these other people in here but just in case you are interested go ask him about it.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure he's a great guy other than his support for terrorism. That said, I'm sure he's not the only one, just the only one dumb enough to say so publicly.

19. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

How can fans in good conscience spend their money to see this joke play ? Now, this,if it happens, should be protested.KJ knows the Dallas police dept. is hiring, right ?

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

And you pulled out the "thug" card. Way to show your non bias "loser".

1 person likes this.