1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas now a restricted free agent, no qualifying offer for Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 30, 2016.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

After that nerve problem in his leg, he never regained his explosion. If its a regeneration issue like Peyton, he may or may not ever get it back. Only time will tell.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Capela at this point is our best rebounder and rim protector. No way in Hell he's coming off the bench

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao this **** is exhausting

4. varughese.arun

He showed up in the playoffs. He was the only Rocket that didn't seem to have tucked their tails bw the legs. He wasn't offered sufficient touches, yet he was still effective. I do agree with you that Anderson should start. I just hope DMO Is not traded for chump change.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Lol very exhausting indeed.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Let's go <a href="https://twitter.com/astros">@astros</a> ! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Htown?src=hash">#Htown</a> <a href="https://t.co/Au96Lgg1I2">pic.twitter.com/Au96Lgg1I2</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/751899366156226560">July 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'm a little surprised we haven't really heard anything in regard to DMo. I thought some teams maybe would have wanted DMo to have a physical or something. Assuming they are allowed to do that. I was expecting DMo to get some $10 million plus offers, but maybe his back injury has scared other teams away.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Just my opinion but I think the Rockets and DMo already have the ground work complete for a new deal. Once again, this is just my opinion.

9. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Based on DMo's social media, I'd assume the same: 1) Insta after MDA meeting, 2) Giveaway to Rockets fans, & 3) Insta @ Astros game. On top of that, we've heard virtually no news linking DMo to another team.

Somebody (you?) brought up that perhaps we are waiting to sign Chinanu to a 3-YR deal prior to finalizing the DMo deal. Team surely sees how critical he will be: Anderson, Harrell, Capela, Nene seems limited as a big rotation, especially if Capela has growing pains in SN3. Throw in DMo and we become very versatile with decent depth.

10. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can a Rockets DMo contract be anything other than the 'qualifying offer' amount/terms at this point?
    Well, other than a matching contact.

#390 Pat, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets have full Bird rights, they could match literally any offer he gets.

12. loveofthegame44

When does the period end for signing players to offer sheets?

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

It's so quiet, I think you may be right. But, it seems like it would be to DMo's benefit to be open to any interest from other teams. I just wonder if there is any interest out there. I would have thought there would have been at least one offer from someone.

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yes. Rockets can pay DMo anything up to a Max Salary Contract.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>With Ellington, Johnson signings today, it looks like Miami may match Tyler Johnson offer sheet. Could put Nets back in running for D-Mo.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/752200601451233280" data-datetime="2016-07-10T17:59:33+00:00">July 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, all the tea leaves and bones point that direction.

DD

17. DaDakota

I suspect DMo is going to bet on himself and do a 1+1 with the 2nd year being a Player option.

DD

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Not if the Rockets instead elect to wait for an offer sheet and then match it.

Offer sheets must be for at least two seasons, NOT including option years.

Given the Rockets' MO with restricted free agents of matching offer sheets (Landry, Lowry, almost Parsons), and since all else equal, matching a two-year deal is better than giving out a 1+1 deal with a player option, I'm guessing D-Mo won't get such a deal.

But I guess we'll just have to see.

19. DaDakota

Yes, I was assuming no offer sheet.....of course if he does get one, then a decision will have to be made, but not many RFA have gotten offer sheets so far, just a few.

DD

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If DMo wants to bet on himself, I'd expect him to sign the QO for one yr, to get himself into next year's free agency pool. POs are merely injury insurance years, anyhow.

As BimaThug said, Morey did not blink with Landry and Lowry and made them bring him an offer.

If DMo sees he's lost out on big money this yr, multiple year offers only marginally better than $5.8m (like $7-9m range), might lead him to bet on himself with the one-year QO.