1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas cops shot during protest in Dallas.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

[​IMG]

Dallas sniper who gunned down 5 cops 'wanted to kill white people,' chief says

The sniper who killed five Dallas police officers Thursday night as they guarded protesters at an anti-police brutality march was angry about recent shootings by police and “wanted to kill white people,” according to authorities.

The Associated Press identified the gunman as Micah Xavier Johnson, 25, who was blown up by a police robot while holed up in a parking garage early Friday morning after negotiations with police broke down.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Obama fanning the flames was likely one contributor to this. Truly atrocious leadership from Obama.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just because someone served doesn't mean that they can't be swayed by dangerous rhetoric. You can find all kinds of vets out there.

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Not sure. KRLD radio reports that he was in carpentry and masonry assigned to an engineering brigade. He got basic weapons trading but did not participate in combat operations.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

ON FREAKING POINT!!!!!

I'm right there with you on this...

T_Man

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So this guy apparently carried this out with the assistance of three other people, who if I understand correctly are currently in custody.

How is this not an act of terrorism? Actually, it appears that it very well may be.

Is the FBI investigating this possibility? What reason could they possibly have for NOT investigating this possibility?

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah, looks like you were wrong again. How embarrassing for the Asian racist to be calling others racist. So sad.

9. Anticope

Anticope Member

Omg so true! Let's face it, this guy was out for blood and he could've just as easily killed 5 cops with a bow and arrow or a slingshot. Guns don't kill people, Obama speeches about black people getting shot by cops do!

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

What does Obama have to do with any of this?

Even moreover, who started both the War in Afghanistan and Iraq? Above that, Obama agreed to keep troop levels at 8400, though the other side wanted the levels at 10,500

Also, it's kind of hard, when the opposing side of the aisle is staunchly against veteran benefits and increase spending to veteran medical care.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-soltz/what-veterans-want-and-wh_b_8534462.html

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/11/11/republicans-congress-dishonoring-americas-veterans.html

the Comprehensive Veterans Health and Benefits and Military Retirement Pay Restoration Act of 2014 - 41 Republican Senators Voted Against a Landmark Veterans Bill in February, Today They Blame the VA
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/republicans-va-funding_b_5395698.html

http://samuel-warde.com/2015/03/military-groups-slam-republican/

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/...y-kids-passes-house-representatives/80079550/

So again, what does he have to with these police shootings or police-related murders?

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He mad. :grin:

13. TheresTheDagger

Lotta anger in this thread. Lots of finger pointing. Lots of laying of blame.

In other words, business as usual.

People say they want these things to stop and yet we all go right back to the rhetoric and actions that caused this in the first place.

I've been guilty of this myself. Maybe not in this case, but in the past. I'm not innocent of continuing on the status quo too.

Today, I attended the funeral of the father of a very close friend of mine. A very good man who spent his retirement years driving a bus for special needs kids, who worked on houses for Habitat for Humanity, who donated his time to the local food bank.

I came home thinking about all of that, checked into this thread and immediately was forced to face the fact that our culture is in trouble. And the only thing I can think of to do is to post the following.

If you TRULY mean you want things like what have happened this week to stop, we all have work to do. Change starts one person at a time. It sounds trite but its true. BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE.

Peace and love to all here.

14. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Well, my mom is a jeweler, when she got pulled over, the officer found a diamond scale on her passenger seat. From there, he called his supervisor and did a search on my mom's car and told her they found "white substance". After telling the officers the truth and being confused, they slapped her with "unpaid" traffic tickets, that my mom said she already paid, though she had no proof... The claimed tickets were 5 yrs or older. They cuffed my mom, threw her in jail, and stole her diamond wedding ring when she got out.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

He's created an atmosphere of hostility towards police through his comments.

16. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

A lot more common than other countries.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And a whole lot less common than almost every other country on the planet. People are still human so bad things sometimes still happen but those pushing the narrative that cops are out looking to kill people need professional help.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Use of police robot to kill Dallas shooting suspect believed to be first in US history <a href="https://t.co/BYTYHPTV4g" title="https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/08/police-bomb-robot-explosive-killed-suspect-dallas">theguardian.com/technology/201…</a></p>&mdash; Allahpundit (@allahpundit) <a href="https://twitter.com/allahpundit/status/751508676330991616" data-datetime="2016-07-00T20:10:05+00:00">July 0, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What a racist robot.

20. edwardc

edwardc Member