1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis & Mobley Key in New Uniforms

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by F.D. Khan, Oct 6, 2003.

1. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Based on the Sports Sunday Interview with Cuttino Mobley he said:

"Well they showed me and Steve designs and we chose these ones. We like them they're simple"

That is an estimation of what was said so for those who do or don't like the Uni's, those two had a good amount to do with it.

2. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

this is hogwash.

3. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Hogwash my a$$ rookie.

Unless I misunderstood (what I admit is bad english) Cuttino then he said that him and steve chose the current style.

I don't know if they had the final say, or if they only had 3 choices, but he did say him and steve CHOSE the new uni's.

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Great, now anybody that doesn't like the new uniforms will bash Steve and Cat for picking them out...

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yeah, one more reason to criticize them.

Incidentally, FDK, there's no reason to suspect that every rocket wasn't shown some designs and asked to "cho[o]se" one as well. But in any event, I'm glad they had the input.

I don't think any player not on crack chose the pinstriped disasters.

6. thegary

they may have chose to like the new uni's, and surely they were asked for their input, but i really doubt they had any kind of final say.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think they probably chose out of several options. So they still didn't design them, and shouldn't get the blame.

I doubt the other options looked much different anyways.

8. thegary

also, challenge what i say, not my number of posts.

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I wonder if there is anyway to see the other jerseys they had to choose from.

10. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Maybe if they had more heart, like Yao, they would be working on their game instead of fretting about fashion.

:)

11. aldenix

aldenix Member

You're right man., he should challenge your idea.

This is a normal reaction to a person who has nothing to say!!!

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if you gave him an intelligent reply to his post you two wouldnt have a problem with eachother.

13. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

For those saying " Another reason to bash Steve and Cat"...in that most seem to like the unis...in the interests of fairness, couldn't the reverse be at least as possible? That people who like the uniforms ( the majority in here, for example) will give them more credit? It seems to me that when sounding off on one sidedness, it serves the argument better if you yourself look at both sides...

14. aldenix

aldenix Member

I think Cuttino and Steve are just giving their opinion about the uniforrms. It didn't mean that they have the final say.

15. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Agreed. I was kidding with my earlier comment, just anticipating several volleys of Cat and Franchise vitriol.

If they really did have input, props to Cat and Steve. We all know that Cat has style, so this doesn't surprise me one bit.

16. munco

munco Member

oh man. they don't share with yao and the team on the court and even off the court they don't. heh, heh. j/k.

17. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

why wouldn't they be allowed to have input? They would be wearing them for 82 games.

18. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

F.D.,

I saw the segment you were talking about. Cuttino said that in a toungue-in-cheek manner. In other words, he was joking, or being sarcastic.

You could take it 2 ways.
    1-He was joking about their importance(Cat, Stevie), like their opinion was the final say.
    2-He was being sarcastic, because he thought the uniforms suck, and there's no way they would ever have selected them, if given a choice.

To me, I'm 95% sure it was no.1. He was joking about their importance. Just a little humor.

Hope that helped.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I remember Steve saying that he likes the Toyota Center 300% more than the new uniforms. That sounds to me like he had very little say with the final product. Now I know you really can't compare a start of the art facility to a piece of clothing. But since Steve owns a clothing line, you'd think he'd like the new uniforms a little more than 300% less than something. Does that make any sense?

20. aldenix

aldenix Member

... but i'm gonna be wearing it everyday, everywhere. :D