1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

82-0?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Le$$, Jul 4, 2016.

Tags:
?

League veto Durants signing to create another super team.

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    73.7%
  1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Should the nba just veto this signing. It is not fair for the league honestly.

2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

His decision. No trade involved. If they don't win next year, I think more scrutiny than Lebron had his first year in Miami

3. chandlerbang21

Team has space and he joined a winner. Good decision because I would do the same.

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It's just a game. And since its just a game I have every right to hate this rat **** poon. I hope with every inch of my body durant chokes and Stephanie chokes. **** ya go Houston and if that fails go lebrons. It's just a game though.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I expect the Warriors to be a 60 win team because of chemistry issues.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, they'll definitely have an adjustment period. But come playoffs and if healthy will be tough.

8. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

People tend to forget that Curry is in his late 20s and Durant is too, and both are coming off of major injuries. Curry is getting surgery and Durant is just one year removed from an injury that could have ended his career. Also they have lost Bogut and likely both Ezeli and Barnes. Bench depth is much weaker but no doubt they are still the best team in the league. Chemistry and injuries are all I can see derailing this. On that note, I don't think they'd even sniff the 73-9 record though. This team is probably around 68-14 to 62-20 IMO.

9. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

They don't care about the record. Only the Championship.

So get ready to see alot of resting players and also working out team chemistry at a cost to winning a few more games. They would most likely also care more about the momentum of heading into the playoffs than trying to maintain it throughout the season. Basically getting more Spurs like.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

82-0 is almost physically impossible. There's always those nights against the Bucks or the Nuggets or some random team on a back-to-back where you just don't have it that night.

I'm surprised at how many people think they have no shot to go for 73+ though. I could very easily see it, even if it's unlikely. I think they'll win somewhere between 68-76 games.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not 1, not 2, not 3..........

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The league won't veto it, they won't go 82-0. They might not even win the championship.

This is going to give the league a great villain. Great villains still sell tickets - everyone wants to watch their team punch the villains in the mouth.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's really annoying and will make the league boring to a certain extent, but the league shouldn't ever veto anything. It was within the rules of the CBA.

14. JESSIE

JESSIE Member

Veto happened because the NBA owned the hornets at the time.

15. mightybosstone

This. Everyone forgets how much these super teams usually struggle in their first seasons together. Miami looked very average for the first quarter of that first season. That KG/Allen/Pierce Celtics team was really the only exception to the rule from the last decade.

It will take time for them to gel, and they'll lose some games in the first 25 games of the season that they won't lose in the last 25. But I'd be a little surprised if that team won more than 65 games this year.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The difference in the Miami team was there were very notable concerns, despite the absurd talent of the Big 3. The fit was questionable, the coaching was up in the air, among many other things.

This Warriors team fits exceptionally well. There will not be near the struggles that Miami team encountered. A lull here and there? Probably. But the fit/talent/structure is too sound.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It takes a team. Balancing those egos, Steph Curry's inability to play defense, and overcoming throwing a 3-1 lead is not trivial. Roster turnover doesn't mitigate that. Everyone is ready to hand the Warriors the title, they haven't done dick yet.

18. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

It's the leagues fault that this is allowed to happen so why should it be vetoed? If there were no max contracts, teams wouldn't be able to do this. Get rid of them

19. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

They will Probably go 84/-2