1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to Warriors (Two years, $54.3M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Wow I want to know westbrooks thoughts

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Smart decision by KD, and kudos to the GSW organization for getting the 2nd best player in the league.

People's opinions can suck it, these are the same people who celebrate Kobe and act like he did everything on his own and make fun of Charles Barkley, Moses Malone and Steve Nash for never winning a ring. They're always full of double talk, that's why if I were KD i'd rather collect rings then care about other people's opinions. Game recognizes game, how many talking mouths barked when LBJ went to the Heat? And how many are still doubting his skills today? Later on when Barkley opens his fat mouth KD can wave his shiny new ring and tell him to SFTU.

As for me upon learning that KD joined GSW I'm extremely happy with the signings Rox made. Nobody can beat GSW's line up I just want to see the Rox win some games and make some noise in the playoffs now. I mean KD basically carried OKC all these years by himself, put him alongside the best regular season team in history and nobody can beat them now, when Curry is ice cold he can just let KD iso and win games by himself.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From 2009... <a href="https://t.co/Z0gKdlPJZ6">pic.twitter.com/Z0gKdlPJZ6</a></p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/750006806760620032">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Basketball just got boring

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So what was the key to KD? One prominent Warriors organization member: &quot;Jerry West. Everyone telling him he'd be on equal footing. No stars&quot;</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/750005211838574593">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Draymond Green previously said the Warriors players sold &quot;culture, dynasty, style of play, etc.,&quot; on Kevin Durant in joining the Warriors.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/750006942794289152">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

6. bballjunkie

bballjunkie Member

You must really love competitive sports. You're probably one of those guys that loves watching the Globetrotters beat the Washington Generals. Lame!

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

so you wouldn't leave your company to go work with 'the best' because it wouldn't be fair?

you want even competition in your work and wouldnt want to join 'the best' if possible? if that meant leaving to 'the best' you just love a good old fashioned challenge? wouldn't want to play with 'the best' huh?
    :confused:

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Warriors are now looking to fill out their roster around their Big Four. One free agent they've contacted today: big man Willie Reed.</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/750007482228113408">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

9. jsingles

jsingles Member

Yeah.......he can demand a trade all day. Thunder won't even pick up the phone for the Rockets, let alone entertain a trade with us. Please, stop.

10. Lightsnowaction

That Anderson and Gordon contract does not feels worse now. Might as well rebuild and plan to contend once KD is done in GSW in 6 years.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think people are resenting free agency per se. They (including myself) are more in the pickup game mode. When the best players want to play together against everybody else, you just don't think they are tough enough to want to beat the best.

It's the same feeling as hating the bullies who only pick on the smaller guys.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Pretty much everything the Rockets lack. Almost like extreme opposites. This should be an eye opener to our mediocre GM that top free agents look at basketball culture, chemistry, style of play, playing as a team etc. Not just cornerstones and then a bunch of assets

13. JonathanK

JonathanK Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;The BasedGod&quot; wants to speak,As life unravels and superstars make decisions that change lifes, welcome home KD the curse is lifted - Lil B</p>&mdash; Lil B THE BASEDGOD (@LILBTHEBASEDGOD) <a href="https://twitter.com/LILBTHEBASEDGOD/status/750006844953759745">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Risingred

Risingred Member

I like this move...The GS will takeover Rockets as one of the most hated teams in the NBA...Now I'm interested what Barkley will say about this move

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The warriors have proven that they will spend for a championship. If I were a top NBA player, who would I hitch my wagon to? Teams that avoid the LT like the plague or teams that are willing to pay what it takes in a smart way.

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Still tho how could you walk out of the finals with three of the ten best players in the world and four years later have no rings, no stars and nothing to show for it and expect to keep your job

17. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Huh.

So I guess just shut the league down.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

im going to play pickup ball and pick nothing but scrubs to run with so I can prove some point.

god forbid I play with a good team

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources say Dallas, furthermore, has emerged as a strong potential trade destination for Andrew Bogut, who the Warriors must now move.</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/750008279971930112">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Golden State next summer could be paying out $328m in max contracts. Steph Curry, 5 years/$176m and Kevin Durant, 4 years/$152m.</p>&mdash; Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/750008302449418240">July 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

20. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Marketing wise basketball is broken. Free agency looks too large in a sport where 3 players can determine the destiny of the league. Baseball and football can fend off the effects of free agency, but the nba product has just became ugly, especially the last few days with the new cap and durant.