1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Corey Brewer turn it around?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

No, trade him!

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Not optimistic. And if the defense further regresses the way it seems it will on paper, he'll get even fewer fast break opportunities. So I actually think things could get worse.

Agree that his contact doesn't look so bad anymore, though. And I can't imagine MDA giving him as much leash as JBB... I hope not, anyway.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Hopefully we'll find out watching hi play for another team.

4. Rocket_Man_2.0

Nope! Get rid of him!:rolleyes:

5. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

He can turn around into this fist

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

LOL!!

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Hoping for the best but wouldn't mind him getting dealt.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

I think he can do worse actually, under D'Antoni our defense might even regress and Brewer may gamble all he wants. On the other hand, we have Gordon now so he's not the first wing off the bench and will not get SG minutes I hope.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the whole team was worse last season for the most part. everyone from last years roster will do better by default. last season was a tragedy that could've been handled better. under mda he should be near 14-15 form at least, which is what he should've been like last saeson anyway. but i'd rather trade him

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

I don't wanna wait to find out. Move him ASAP.

11. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

brewer = 6th man of the year 2016/17 confirmed. ;)

12. kevtse

kevtse Member

LOL~~~~~

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

can't we dish him off to Memphis... so the JB bromance can continue...?

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, is not like he was the only bad player for us last season, maybe the worst but...all the team was ****, Harden included for the first two months of regular season...i really don't like Brewer as a player, but with the team playing together again (hoping chemistry issues are gone with Dwight), i can see him having a better season than last year, and shouldn't be that difficult to be honest since he was horrible...

15. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

The question is do we want him in the rotation or KJ?

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The idea that he has never been a useful nba player is stupid. This past year was a total train wreck for him, but prior to that he was known for being good on the fast break and a good finisher at the rim.

However, if we are going to keep shooting 3 balls, he is absolutely the worst possible fit.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he should be avg no more than one 3pt attempt a game yet he gets 3 attempts. thats one the main reasons he sucked so bad. if we cant trade him, then use him right.

18. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think our free agent signings should naturally squeeze his minutes. He played in all 82 games last year with the 5th most minutes on the team. Hopefully each of those numbers willl be cut in half, but there will be times when he will be forced into action due to injuries. Hopefully the reduced role will make him more effective in smaller doses.

19. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Never hated a player as much as him

20. bmd

bmd Member

Corey Brewer is a better player than he showed last season.

Personally, what I think happened last season was that everyone got a big head. They worked their ass off the previous season and got to the WCF. So the team is feeling real good. Like they accomplished their goals and now they can rest easy.

Then combine that with them picking up Ty Lawson and now the team is feeling real good about themselves. So good that they feel like they just need to show up and they'll be back to the WCF.

Then add to hat the fact that some players, Brewer included, got a nice new contract. His incentive to work hard went out the window.

Then add in Dwight who was acting like a diva and demanding post touches and purposely sabotaging the team when he wouldn't get his way. And Lawson trying to find his way on the team through all of this crap...

All of these things created a perfect storm which led to the disastrous season the Rockets had. But this upcoming year is different. Lawson is gone. Dwight is gone. Players aren't fresh off signing a new contract. The last season was a disaster which should motivate instead of the highly successful season which led to laziness. They got a better coach and change is good when things get stale.

They are going in a much more positive direction right now, and I have no doubt that Corey Brewer will be a much better player this upcoming season.