1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DustinS, Jul 2, 2016.

?

Do you like the 4-year, $80M signing by the Rockets of Ryan Anderson?

1. YES

350 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. NO

291 vote(s)
    45.4%
  1. spark06

spark06 Member

If I compare him to the rest of the league, hands down one of the greatest shooting big men in the league. Top 35 scorer in the NBA coming off the bench! Nearly 40% CAREER 3pt shooter (8 yr sample size). Currently one of the greatest shooting big men from the line at a career clip of 86%! This guy is tailor-made for this offense. Trying to knock the signing for DEFENSIVE reasons is laughable when Mike Dantoni is the coach. Lol some people don't understand the concept of an offensive philosophy.

1 person likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Houston got its own bloated contract

Congrats!!!!

Now off to a good 48-50 win season and a mediocre postseason!!

3. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

I hope it's not a Rockets 140 Warriors 160 type of game.

4. stab

stab Member

Better than getting Bazemore.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yup, now together with harden, we have 2 players that opposing teams are just going to go at every time down court knowing there's an easy score to be had.

and that's just the regular season. in the playoffs, anderson has shot terribly, i mean wretchedly. speights and channing frye have actually been good offensively and even they can't stay on the floor in big games because they're defensive liabilities. anderson will be a $20M bench warmer should we ever make the playoffs smh.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I agree.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Look on the bright side good peeps, we finally have a big that can shoot a high percentage of his freethrows. LOL

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For his skillset, and with the 35% rise in the cap, 20 million a year is a fair contract.

We still have 25 million in cap to add a couple more pieces, and we have the Morey Eel to snag a player or two in trades.

We are in good shape for a Mike D offense. Players are going to step up.

9. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

This is the same guy the Rockets were targeting a few years ago right? What were we going to offer him then?

10. spark06

spark06 Member

LOL @ you comparing Speights or Frye to a top 35 scorer in the NBA.

11. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

I won't be watching this team next year. This is a horrendous and ridiculously overrated player. And 4 years too. Just wow. This team's only hope is to get high draft picks for the next several years.

12. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

Remember after Dwight signed with the Rockets, Orlando offered to take Omer Asik off their hands in exchange for Ryan Anderson?

Morey thought he could do better. And so he kept Asik around as a "trade asset" for so long, Asik became disgruntled and it poisoned what had been a tight-knit locker room of the pre-Dwight era. The team ended up dumping Omer Asik one year later in exchange for a protected draft pick that became Sam Dekker.

I guess Morey should've taken Ryan Anderson. Not only would the team have avoided poisoning the locker room... but they would've found the perfect PF to play alongside Dwight. A happy Dwight is a motivated Dwight, and a motivated Dwight is a productive Dwight.

The past 3 years would've been very different if Morey accepted that Ryan Anderson trade.

13. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

He was pretty effective coming off the bench for the Pelicans. I'm assuming D-Mo will be the starter if he returns.

I like the signing. The guy went through some tough stuff 2013-2015 with his girlfriend's suicide and the scary neck injury. But he managed to come back to and be productive, which says a lot about his mental and emotional strength. Last years Rockets team looked like it was lacking in both departments.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he's a career 37.7% 3pt shooter over 8 seasons, and has shot well below even that over the past 2 seasons. next you'll say he averages nearly 10 rebs too lol

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

On the bright side, he can no longer own us was Pelicans player.

16. jch1911

jch1911 Member

As a strategy, it makes sense because last I checked whoever scores the most, wins...

Now that being said, you are counting for your guys being able to outscore their opponents consistently. Also, Cleveland seemed to show how you can stop this strategy when it counts (one go-to scorer, size, and solid defense).

17. spark06

spark06 Member

You guys realize that only 34 players scored more per game than this guy last year right? And of those 34 players, only 8 are PFs or Centers. Lol. Show me the player who signed for less on a friendlier contract that actually WANTED to come here.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Novak 3/20 = RyNoNo IMO.

19. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

If I may just ask, out of curiosity, what skillset is that?
    He hits the 3 at 36%, which is awful. He gets 6 reb per game, which is pathetic for a PF, and he doen't defend. And this team is paying 20 million for that? For 4 whole years?

20. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

I don't like it, but it could be worse(Memphis-Parsons)