1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Al Horford meeting with Rockets on Friday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

They should take the Cuban route to reach the cap floor with one-year deals and kick the can.

At least Gentile wants to play for D'Antoni!

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As the Al Horford news heats up, here's what Isaiah Thomas said earlier this week about recruiting him to Celtics: <a href="https://t.co/HU3pwLHHQC">pic.twitter.com/HU3pwLHHQC</a></p>&mdash; Adam Himmelsbach (@AdamHimmelsbach) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/749266746486521861">July 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

What's really dumb about that Les quote is that EVERYONE is getting paid this summer. No one needs D'Antoni to get a big bump in salary. Merely being a free agent this summer and next will take care of that. As an owner, didn't he see this spike in salaries coming? Didn't Morey as GM?

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'll try to quit asking you this, since I could apply it to more than a few posters here, but just what the f*** is wrong with you, anyway?

Hey, we just got Harden. Happy?

"Well, Morey got lucky. He sucked yesterday. He'll suck tomorrow. Today I give him a pass but I'll be back to hating him tomorrow because that's what I do. Hate."

5. malakas

malakas Member

does he? Last week he hadn't decided yet and wanted to rejoin Milano.

6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

that also eliminates us helping the hawks clear space for him then, which means no splitter + other players for free.

hard to see horford choosing us over boston. if he picks washington, then he's a fool.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Boston and Washington are front runners for Horford per Woj

8. malakas

malakas Member

you should either put him in ignore list or take him as comedy like me.
    He's very funny with his bad english mad angry comments many times.
    A caricature of an angry fan.

9. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

I was just about to mention this.....

Rather disappointed

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Mark Murphy:

Second source familiar with C'smeeting with Horford just texted the following: "(Celtics) have a really good chance to get him."

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe a combination of things going on. Bad perception of the Rockets in the media. The bowl of crap that was our 2015-16 season. A desire for players to go or stay East when those teams, although improved over recent seasons, are basically no better than Tier B (there's Cleveland and everybody else).

If we had that second stud to go with Harden, that would be something.

Horford's decision isn't made yet, and I don't know how Woj knows he's deciding between two teams, but I do hope Morey is working down his list, checking it twice.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL yup. Blow it up. We're playin for ping pong balls now my friends.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Bontemps also said it'ss down to two teams.
    I suppose Washington is also appealing to him because of Gortat whereas Boston doesn't have any good C so he will have to play Center.

14. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Horford camp is so tight lipped that he met with 4 teams yesterday and nobody even knew about it. Only team that was mentioned was Cs and thats because they leaked it to media. So how does Woj know its down to Wiz and Cs? Im not doubting his info and im not a dellusional fan holding out hope, just curious.

15. dmoneybangbang

Seriously.......

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The problem for Morey this and next season will be, there will be less teams facing cap issues.

Meaning less teams or less chances needed to dump contracts, and of course less chance to get free picks, and due to the highly inflated new contracts, most of the old contracts for even scrubs like Brewer doesn't look like completely garbage now, so if the Rockets could hold on to guys like Brewer, how difficult you think Morey can get some chances to make a good deal?

And that means, if things really going bad here, at the point the Rockets will consider to trade away Hraden ( with clear message he won't resign here), that it's not a given that Morey can get a very good return back.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

James Harden can't make All NBA Team with 29+7+7.
    The media just downplay Rockets too much.

All Free Agents know that well. It's not good for them to join Rockets.

18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Odds were always greatest that he'd stay in Atlanta or go to Boston. Both were better than Houston last year, and both in the East. If Houston were in the East & Washington in the West, it would be Boston and Houston as front runners.

It's a terrible time to be average in the West - there's no way you will ever be able to break through the barrier into contention via FA. Nobody wants to run through the gauntlet of GSW, SAS, LAC, & OKC. If you can't make a real run at a massive upgrade this year, and you're struggling to stay @ .500 next year, you have to really consider moving Harden IMO. Build for 3-4 years from now.

19. Airdough

Airdough Member

I think the Washington thing is more around him seeing the potential maturation of Beal and Wall. If both stay healthy, they could become the Thompson/Curry of the East. Horford sees it as a potential perennial contender. Neither Houston nor Boston nor Atlanta can claim that potential.

20. onreego

onreego Member

Yay! People who had hope were crushed! I'm glad I stayed pessimistic and the failures of my team came true. I'm the real winner here. Oh wait.