1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight to Warriors Likely

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 21, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Amare feasted on the free throw jumper. So will Beas, and I'm sure he'll get a dunk or two along the way.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

I hope Dwight goes to a contender so he can break them down from the inside being the cancer he is. The Warriors would be the perfect fit for this.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

wow, we know who took the gem out of your donut.

what if Dwight moves on and shines? Will that make it doubly tough for you?

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Warriors are already broken.

They were lucky to get past the Thunder tbh.

5. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

73-9 and 1 minute away from another championship? They're definitely not broken. With the same roster and barring injury, they win the ship again next year.

6. malakas

malakas Member

this article smh makes Mason Plumlee seem better than Dwight.:rolleyes:

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Let's offer him 10-12 million a year to just play the last 15 games + playoffs. Save his body and get Playoff Dwight for the next 3 or 4 years.

Or he can just break down in 2 years with some other team.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

....I mean i'll take plum in a sign and trade for him in a heartbeat.

9. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

lmao i would love dwight to go there and ruin their locker room. If he got mad at the amount of touches harden got. Just imagine how many touches curry, klay, donkey will get before dwight even touches the ball

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

If Dwight played his role like Mason does, I'd gladly welcome him back to the team.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey wants to re-sign Dwert.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

^^^ Talk radio mentioned the same information that the Rockets are still pitching to Dwight to stay...interesting...

Names like Horford and Mosgov...guys like this would never be considered franchise changing player...Dwight is surely better than this option?

Everyone wants Durant. But we all know that Durant is gonna stay with OKC on a 1+1 year deal.

If plan be was getting better players that fit D'Antoni's system...One must better have a legit shot of attain that said player. Dwight is still better that Mosgov on his bad day... At the end of the day, Dwight of the Rockets makes us a much weaker team...

13. sabesque

sabesque Member

Nah, Morey just wants his agent to think highly of the organization by helping make it appear that there is a larger market for D12.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I might get flamed for saying this, but I'm still open to bringing Dwight back. Yeah, it's unlikely and, yeah, there's a "been there, done that" vibe to the whole situation. But removing emotion from the equation, I can't help but look at the reality of our situation.

Hypothetically, if we strikeout completely in free agency and Dwight leaves: Harden + returning cast + minimal upgrades is a sub-.500 team. You might as well tank at that point.

But if the goal is to continue this rebuild-on-the-fly formula that most seem to endorse, we might have to accept the reality that bringing Dwight back might be our best option. And if that's the case, it's a safe bet his contract on a yearly basis won't surpass the $23M he would have been owed had he not opted out. So maybe at that point everybody wins?

And let's pretend the meeting with Horford tomorrow is love at first sight. Horford has the ability to play PF. If you were able to ink Horford, convince Dwight to take a non-max deal and rolled with a Horford/Dwight duo up front; I think that makes us a lot better. That and we would have our first All-Star caliber PF since Barkley. Something to think about.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nah, not by me at least.

I like Dwight, but the player has been a let down for me, i expected more from him at this point of his career, and i'm not talking about numbers.

And i tell you this, i'd like to have him back if he finally understands what his role should be, but yeah, that's not gonna happen, and after how he handled these past months with the media i think he's gone 100%.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing that Dwight Howard is leaning toward either Boston or Atlanta. Doesn't look like anybody else is left in the picture.</p>&mdash; Eddie Sefko (@ESefko) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/748610541438935041">June 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

don't let the door ....

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Chris Broussard

@Chris_Broussard
    Dwight Howard meeting w/4 teams, 2 being Atl & Boston. He will hold meetings in Atl July 1, then in Las Vegas July 2, says a league source
    Jul 1, 2016, 12:40 AM

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No way in hell Dwight signs with Boston. He can't be that stupid. Those Boston fans will eat him alive. He couldn't handle that city. You better slink off to Atlanta, Dwight.

20. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Sign and trade Dwight for horford?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.