1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Bang!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jun 29, 2016.

Tags:
?

Is he worth the max?

1. Yes, if healthy!

64 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. No way!

245 vote(s)
    79.3%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

max deal without a doubt NO. good contract yes

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep but hey, that's the only way to go in the lottery for us, we max Chalder -> Le$ thinks we're adding a superstar -> we suck -> lottery here we come baby :grin:

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

We're never ever ever....getting back together!!

4. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

Why not sign a guy like Barnes who is much stronger in the block and doesn't have any health issues?

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

bc hes looking for a max or near max deal and isn't even worth close to it.

6. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

They both don't deserve the max but if you need someone to run the offense through then Parsons is more likely to do that with his passing and handles. If you need a small ball 4 then Barnes is better at that than Parsons.

If I had to choose offering the max between the two, then it would be Parsons.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Remember when we brought back Josh Smith to reignite our team this past season?

[​IMG]

8. axaznshortyxa

axaznshortyxa Member

My apologies, whereas I didn't read all of the posts in this thread, but I would imagine that CP has a piqued interest in the Rockets under MDA's system. We've seen players flourish in his system offensively and inflate stats and what better way to bring up his market value in this kind of scheme?

I'm sure he's aware that he CAN get paid the max for a four-year contract this summer but lots of teams are going to be wary of giving that out to someone whose knees have gone through a lot in the past two seasons. Correct me if I'm wrong.. But wouldn't it be in his best interest to sign a one-year contract with us (or anyone who will pay for him) for say, $8-10 million, prove his worth, and with the projected cap space to increase in 2017, he can opt to sign somewhere to a long-term max contract.

I would say both sides have a pretty mutual interest in each other.. Just depends on the $$$.

9. mightybosstone

Would I want him back if healthy? Yes. Would I want him at a max contract? No. I think the last deal he got was about what I'd be happy paying him in this current free agent market. But he's going to get far more than that, and he's definitely not worth it.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Was one of my favorite Rockets ever, then he became a douche!

But I'm not over him, would gladly take him back.

11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I'd be ok with the sell-out coming back, but i'd cap him at 13-15/year. He's not a max-player IMO. Would rather the Rockets make a run at Nick Batum for 18-22/year - he pretty much does what Parsons does, but plays better defense. He is a bit older, but still think he'd bring more to the table than Parsons.

12. jdhu

jdhu Member

Hahaha +1!

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source on possibility of Chandler Parsons returning to Dallas: &quot;No chance.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/748631201884176384">June 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Thanks for the memorie$

[​IMG]

15. JD88

JD88 Member

Tim MacMahon: Source on possibility of Chandler Parsons returning to Dallas: “No chance.” – via Twitter espn_macmahon

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Get Parsons back, sign Eric Gordon, then bring Greg Oden (only 28!) out of retirement.

That way when we suck next season, we'll have a good excuse with injuries.

1 person likes this.
  17. sabesque

sabesque Member

For me, Parsons leaving Dallas is enough to no longer boo him, no matter where he goes. In fact, he may be worthy of fond applause now.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Where was the 'hell naw' option in the poll?

19. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Was at that game. Date night with the wife. Rockets loss and if i remember correctly i did too.

20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard