1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Pearl Jam 3-Disc DVD Coming Nov 11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Maynard, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Maynard

Maynard Member

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1479408/20030929/pearl_jam.jhtml?headlines=true

Pearl Jam Round Up Rare Lost Dogs, Prep Live DVD Set

Double album of rarities hits shelves November 11.

by Gil Kaufman

As if their recent second avalanche of double-disc live bootlegs weren't enough, Pearl Jam have four more discs of goodies on the way before the end of the year.

A long-delayed double album of rarities, titled Lost Dogs, will drop

November 11, the same day the group delivers a two-disc DVD set chronicling a July performance at Madison Square Garden, according to a band spokesperson.

The 31-track Lost Dogs, which the group has been compiling for more than a year, is packed with B-sides and tracks from a variety of benefits and soundtracks, none of which have ever appeared on a Pearl Jam studio album. A third of the tracks have never been released before in any form, among them "All Night," "Sad," "Fatal," "Education," "In the Moonlight" and "Sweet Lew."

The DVD, "Pearl Jam Live at the Garden," is a recording of the band's entire July 8 show, with guest appearances by Ben Harper on "Daughter" and "Indifference," Tony Barber of the Buzzcocks on a cover of the Dead Boys' "Sonic Reducer," and Steve Diggle of the Buzzcocks on a rousing rendition of the Who's "Baba O'Riley."

The show also contains the third-ever live performance of "Crown of Thorns," a track recorded by the pre-PJ group Mother Love Bone, which featured bassist Jeff Ament and guitarist Stone Gossard.

In addition to the nearly three-hour concert, the package has a half-hour of bonus material, including a solo performance of "Dead Man" by Eddie Vedder and footage of "Throw Your Arms Around Me" performed with Mark Seymour of the band Hunters and Collectors during a tour of Australia.

The DVD also has a montage accompanying the song "Fortunate Son," with guest performances from ex-Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr, Sleater-Kinney, Steve Earle, former PJ drummer Jack Irons, Ben Harper, ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons, Heart's Ann and Nancy Wilson, Idlewild and the Buzzcocks.

A live video for "Bushleaguer," shot at various performances on the group's 2003 Riot Act world tour, is included, as are live outtakes set to the song "Down" and a "Matt Cam" drummer's-eye view of the show, shot from behind the kit of Matt Cameron.

Track listing for "Pearl Jam Live at the Garden":
    "Love Boat Captain"
    "Last Exit"
    "Save You"
    "Green Disease"
    "In My Tree"
    "Cropduster"
    "Even Flow"
    "Gimme Some Truth"
    "I Am Mine"
    "Lowlight"
    "Faithful"
    "Wishlist"
    "Lukin"
    "Grievance"
    "1/2 Full"
    "Black"
    "Spin the Black Circle"
    "Rearviewmirror"
    "You Are"
    "Thumbing My Way"
    "Daughter"
    "Crown of Thorns"
    "Breath"
    "Betterman"
    "Evolution"
    "Crazy Mary"
    "Indifference"
    "Sonic Reducer"
    "Baba O'Riley"
    "Yellow Ledbetter"

Track listing for Lost Dogs:

Disc one:
    "All Night"
    "Sad"
    "Down"
    "In the Moonlight"
    "Hitchhiker"
    "Don't Gimme No Lip"
    "Walking"
    "Alone"
    "Education"
    "'U'"
    "Black, Red, Yellow"
    "Leaving Here"
    "Gremmie Out of Control"
    "Whale Song"
    "Undone"
    "Hold On"
    "Yellow Ledbetter"

Disc two:
    "Fatal"
    "Other Side"
    "Hard to Imagine"
    "Footsteps"
    "Wash"
    "Dead Man"
    "Strangest Tribe"
    "Drifting"
    "Let Me Sleep"
    "Angel"
    "Last Kiss"
    "Sweet Lew"
    "Dirty Frank"
    "Brother Instrumental"
    "Bee Girl"

2. Maynard

Maynard Member

i guess i made the title a lil confusing

2 disc "Lost Dogs"

DVD "Pearl Jam Live at the Garden"

two seperate things

3. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

I was going to post this as well. I have been waiting for the B-sides album for a very long time.

The DVD should be very good as well. I already have the bootleg, but DVD is nice.... anyword if it is DTS?

4. Maynard

Maynard Member

dunno yet! it isnt listed on Amazon or any such places like that yet..

but I'm sure it will be ..at least thats what my common sense tells me :)

5. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

Same here.. the fact that it is a two disk set makes me want to believe it is DTS. I am thinking it will be laid out like "The Who and Special Guests" DVD with the live show on one disk (DTS) and the second one having the special features.

Nov 11th will be a good day!

6. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

Cant wait for this, this is has been such a long wait
    go pj!!!