1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

From the Babe to the Kid

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by xiki, Oct 2, 2003.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Last night evidenced why the Curse of the Bambino lives. After Billy the Kid's comments spoke of an anticipated ticket out of town (or did he write it himself?) just how much might the Bosox give to get Willie Wags?

That hotshot untradable lefty who languished this year in a state of disrepair + their CF + a major league arm to pitch the 7th (as Lidge and Dotel move 'up'?) or even more?

Did anyone out there in playoffland have a Billy Wags last night? Smoltz? BS. I mean blown save.

2. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I remeber last off season of talks of the BoSox giving up Shea Hillebrand for Wagner. We didn't do it because we thought Morgan Ensberg could fill the 3b duties, which he did.

I would not expect to get much for Billy, giving the fact someone else would be taking a 9 million dollar bill off our hands. The same goes for Hidalgo, exept his bill is 12 million.

Saying that, you are correct that Boston is the one team that most needs a closer<Wagner>. The Yankees were the one team that was deperatly looking for a right fielder at the trading deadline<Hidalgo>.

3. RiceRocket1

RiceRocket1 Member

I'd take Damon for Wagner.

4. Maynard

Maynard Member

and that is why you are not a MLB General Manager

5. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

lol:D