1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Cavs Repeat?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Le$$, Jun 20, 2016.

Tags:
?

Can Cavs pull a Rockets and 2 peat for Cleveland?

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    50.5%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    49.5%
  1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, Durant is just going to team up with LeBron. And some other star will come over for minimum... Then LeBron will pay them under the table with endorsements.. I'm not serious but that'd be... ****ty, haha. It'd be a super super friends team with a cakewalk in the East.

Anyway, I honestly just hope the Rockets have a good offseason and Durant doesn't break the NBA by joining the Warriors. Although if he did... maybe it would cause some turmoil and the Warriors would break apart. But on the Spurs, that'd be terrible for us Rockets fans. I think Popovich would do a much better job with the egos vs Kerr, I'm not saying Kerr couldn't do it, but Spurs might be easier, because I think the current Spurs would have been tough on the Warriors too.

2. rockets13champs

I love the nba it gets more entertaining every year! God bless the league

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

KD joining SA would be disgusting.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, regular season sure... In playoffs, Rockets from 2016 lose in 5. LeBron and Irving would have had an easy time, and since the damn Rockets can't even run the PnR correctly (well willingly)... And also their defense was terrible in both the regular season and post season it'd be a sad series.

Harden is special, but he's going to need some real help, like a Robin (like Irving is for LeBron). I mean he's basically the whole team and it was Bull**** media garbage that he wasn't selected for an All-NBA team. Sure defense was sometimes checked out, but it's not like Curry was stellar, lol. Irving had a field day when Curry was on him.

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

The answer to this question should be 100% yes because, yes, they can. There are a million reasons to argue in a hypothetical world of how they could. The answer to this question if it was “Can the 76ers win the Championship Next Year" should be 100% yes because of the exact same explanation. I hate these kind of questions and it stems from lazy journalists over the last 10+ years raising moronic questions to create an article that wouldn't otherwise exist because it's pointless to say but the purpose is it gets everyone talking. Y'all aren't dumb but it is dumb to get sucked into these types of discussions because it literally is as moronic as discuss if it could rain somewhere in the world tomorrow.

I loved in The Royal Tenenbaums how Owen Wilson comes up with a ridiculous idea to write a story about if in The Battle of Little Big Horn Custer didn't die though it's common knowledge that he did essentially because he needed something to generate publicity because he was so pathetic and on drugs. That's exactly what real journalists are doing today and they actually consider it F'ing journalism. This a perfect example of how they do it. The took a note right out the movie.

Sorry OP, no offense to you, you're probably cool, just needed to get that off my chest.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Only if the Rockets let them.

7. hvic

hvic Member

Is Timmy boy retiring?

8. PeppermintCandy

Being in the East turned out to be a huge advantage for the Cavs. LeBron James was able to take it easy in the early rounds of the playoffs, so he was relatively fresh in the Finals.

On the other hand, the fatigue of playing 7-game series took its toll on GSW, as it did on OKC in the previous round.

Unless the East sees a serious upgrade in the competition level, Cleveland should have the same advantage next season as well.

9. Asian Sensation

Who cares... Warriors were still up 3-1 and had the last true advantage in pro sports (home court for game 7) and they still blew it. Maybe they shouldn't have lost a game to the Rockets or let the Blazers hang around longer than they should have. Cavs took care of business early on. Also, the Warriors had quite the easy path last year with many key players and superstars missing from their opposition.

Just because he (LeBron) didn't have to go through everyone else doesn't mean he likely would have on his way to winning it all. It was his destiny and there was nobody or team that was gonna stop him.

10. PeppermintCandy

Well, OKC was also up in the conference finals, but like GSW did in the finals, OKC ran out of gas against a team with fresher legs.

I'm not taking away anything from what James and the Cavaliers accomplished, because what they did against a record-setting team was amazing. But it's also true that in the earlier rounds of the playoffs, James was averaging the least minutes that he did in the postseason. And that had to positively affect the stamina he had for Games 6 and 7 in the finals.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yes unless the Rockets get the 3 star team we deserve. So if we get Horford/Durant, they have no chance.

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

They have a good chance of winning the championship again, but who knows. I won't say it's certain they'll repeat. Even after Golden State's first championship I wasn't sure they'd repeat. Mid way though the season I was absolutely sure they were going to win the title. Season ends and the Cavs have the title. The NBA is a bit predictable and unpredictable at the same time.

Plus free agency and the off-season can change a lot. Thunder could lose Durant, or the Warriors could lose a bunch of their depth. Clippers could possibly sign a big time player to help them. A team in the east could make some fantastic moves. The Spurs could sign another key free agent. Who knows. Far too early to say they'll repeat, but they will be in contention since LeBron is 100 percent staying.

13. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Dream on brother:grin:. The current team should not even be mentioned in the same breath with the champs:(. They beat the odds, broke tradition and made history. Hats off to them:cool:

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Kyrie grew a lot in this finals. I think now that the team knows what it takes to win a title and focus on winning, it'll be tough to beat them. They had players like Dahntay Jones, Mo Williams, and Richard Jefferson contributing for them in the finals. It's hard to imagine players any worse joining them this off season.

15. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Richard Jefferson retired. It's over for that team.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Very true. And it's not like any team in the East can challenge them anyway.