1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

So I've seen a few posters talk about trading for Teague from ATL. I mean how obtainable is he and is ATL really like to looking to move him?

2. basketballholic

Ariza for Teague makes a lot of sense for both teams.

3. Sanity2disChaos

Makes too much sense actually. Should be done if this deal is on the table. KJ and Dekker?? can't be ignored.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Beverley, Ariza and a 1st for Teague and Selelosha would be solid for both teams IMO.

We'd have to sign a starting SF though, but more SF's on the market then PG's for sure.

5. Manun

Manun Member

I would try to trade for Dudley and PJ Tucker, get rid of Ariza for Teague.
    Then sign Hassan Whiteside and Paul Millsap. I guess Millsap will cost too much so I could settle for Ersan Ilyasova or Ryan Anderson

Whiteside / Capela
    Ilyasova / decent rebounding and defending PF / Beasley
    Dudley/ Beasley/ PJ Tucker
    Harden/ PJ Tucker / Beasley
    Teague/ Beverley / Draft

Whiteside can play inside while we have 4 players that can shoot 3´s and stretch for Harden to drive inside.

6. nemac

nemac Member

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Bucks are shopping Greg Monroe hard. He's owed $17.1 million next season and has a $17.8 million player option for 2017-18 season.</p>&mdash; Michael Scotto (@MikeAScotto) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/744913193269600256">June 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We need a PG desperately
    Conley or Teague is a must

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I would take that chance on D-lo I really liked him in the draft.

10. Chamillionaire

I think they're going to draft the C from Utah or Sabonis. Monroe has been a disappointment. Thought he would be a borderline all-star.

11. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

It's not even a legit rumor, Chad Ford made up some BS proposal that has already been shot down by multiple sources.

and we have no asset to get Russell in the first place. Dude shown star potential, they ain't just gonna give him away.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

What do people feel about an under the radar cheap acquisition in Jose Calderon?

Idk his price but it would appear he would be a great fit in MDAs system and a nice fit next to harden. Idk if it would cost us bev or not. I know they are lacking on young talent and assets. So maybe something like kj+dekkar or one of them with a 2nd would work for both parties.

I know it's not a championship building roster move but it could be a valuable acquisition and keeps flexibility open. A rotation of him and bev I think would be a nice tandem. Even if it did cost bev I think it would improve our team.

Thoughts?

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He'll bring some value, though. Overpaid but skilled. (If you have defense at other spots on the floor, anyway.)

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nah dude, stay away, Calderon can shoot but he's old, very slow, no D and he doesn't have a cheap contract at this point...it's basically a Brewer situation but actually worse since he's old, the Knicks are looking to dump him from last year but nobody did/will bite. There's no way in hell i'd trade even one between KJ and Dekker for him, they have to trade me a 1st to take him.

15. malakas

malakas Member

No. It's MUCH better than Sewer because Calderon is expiring and as far I remember they are both at 8 per.
    If NY proposed Calderon for Brewer I would do it without thinking twice.

Also Calderon may suck at defence and is old BUT he can still shoot at elite level and playmake very well. Brewer can do nothing well.

16. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Conley seems like an evolved form of Beverley. I think he would fit next to Harden, I'm just not sure what his interest is in us.

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah I was looking at his much more as a stopgap expiring. I guess giving up kj or dekkar may be an overpay but if we could dump brewer in the process I would have no problem.

He is elite at shooting and has some solid playmaking ability. Plus I would imagine he is good in the locker room. He could run the bench unit offensively.

Brewer out and Jose in would be a worthy upgrade imo.

18. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Sign Conley, Batum, Crabbe, Galloway, Speights
    Re-sign D-Mo, Beasley
    Ditch Ariza, Bev, Brewer, so forth
    Draft Felder/Maker (hopefully)

Roll with MDA squad --

Conley/Galloway/Felder
    Harden/Crabbe
    Batum/McDaniels/Dekker
    D-Mo/Beasley/Harrell/Maker
    Capela/Speights

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, i was wrong with the contract, he's an expiring this coming season. Anyway i wouldn't trade for him (if not to dump Brewer's contract) since he's old, very slow, no D and would still burn 7/8 millions in cap room.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is the only trade i would do for him, but no way i trade KJ, Dekker or picks for him.