1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron chokes again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Pride, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Caesar

Caesar Member

He can overwhelm his way to the basket. He does it just about as good as anyone ever. I never said he can't be a threat anywhere on the floor. He can be, but not consistently. His bread and butter is scoring inside on drives and fast breaks. Nothing wrong with that. It's highly efficient. Just doesn't create the funnest type of basketball for me personally. I see enough of it every Rockets game with Harden.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

LeBron is likey the most complete player to ever play the game. Just an awesome player who on any given game could the top rebounder, passer, scorer, etc...

The above will not change with either win or loss this Sunday.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Josh Smith had all the physical tools Lebron has and look at his career. Lebron is a special player even without the physical gifts.

4. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

He has no real scoring skill beside getting to the bucket for lay ups? What a donkey...

And his passing is basic? You have to be trolling.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Physical specimen has nothing to do with the basketball skill. Purely physical specimen, i'd go with Wilt and Shaq over LeBron. But, LeBron is right there at 3 for me with MJ and T-Mac rounding out the top 5. Admiral deserves mention.

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

Basic as in he has no flash or excitement to that part of the game like the other greatest passers or even like Larry Bird.

7. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

lol k

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol I want Lebron to win but he isn't at the level you guys put him at. Watch and see game 7 as the cavs get bent.

9. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Somebody rep this man. LeBron plays good when it doesn't count, he isn't clutch. Him and Kyrie will choke through the second half of the game as they witness Curry and Klay make 3 pointer after 3 pointer.

Cavs WILL lose game 7 it's just facts

10. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

No doubt about that... top 3 all time is asinine. But there is a faction in this thread making him out to be worse than he is as well. Extremes on both ends when reality floats in the middle.

11. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

I do actually know exactly what you mean.

It's the whole Shaq vs Hakeem thing. Shaq might be the top and most dominant center ever and definitely someone you can build around for multiple championships.

But too much of Shaq game was premised on physical domination and bulldozing over weaker centers and it just isn't fun to watch even though it works.

So when you say LeBron is like the Shaq of SF, I get it. It works, it's dominant but too much of his game is premised on bulldozing towards the hoop.

Again it works but its just not that fun to watch sometimes. It's just my personal subjective opinion and should not be taken as slighting LeBron or Shaq GOAT statuses

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No... you combine his physicality WITH his basketball skills, and that combination is unmatched in basketball history.

He's the active career leader in triple doubles.... you don't just magically get those without a degree of above average basketball skills.

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

You know how I know you don't watch basketball....?

Save the faux backhanded compliments and 'I'm not biased, seriously!' talk.

Let me guess. Some of you think Draymond is more skilled than Lebron.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Whatever James was choking on, he obviously spit it out - right into Curry's mug.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Just had back to back 41 point games facing elimination but he isn't clutch. rite :rolleyes:

Another fact you gave was the warriors were gonna come back and win the 3rd quarter.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Top 3 might be a bit of a stretch, but getting another Finals MVP would cement him as top 3. He is absolutely top 5 no doubt, I don't understand how anyone can refute that or call it "asinine."

Vast majority of people agree that he is top 5 so I guess everyone's a dumbass.

17. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL , last 2 games didn't count? Isn't LeBron #1 in scoring in game 7s?

18. Borneoman

Borneoman Member

Just ignore him breh, he is a Warriors fan and he is a LOF for sure. Ok ok , i knew you are a LOF either, but you are a good one ;)

19. Houston22

Houston22 Member

As per someone else, but I think it nails it:
    Lebron is the only guy who takes any East team to NBA finals.

20. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

No Kareem? /ignoreuser