1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ComicPalooza 2016

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Jun 12, 2016.

1. MykTek

MykTek Member

I'm pretty sure what happened was that they tried to do two shows this year and that didn't work so they had to scramble and do just one.... I think thats why the guests are the weakest in the last few years. I mean the starts of Aliens, the guy from Son of Anarchy aren't bad, but they had the stars of Gotham and Agents of Shield the previous two years.....

I also noticed that the comic artists/writers/etc aren't strong this year either.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Sorry but I'd take the cast of Aliens with Weaver and Paxton, Beckinsale and Hunnam over anyone from shows like Agents of Shield and Gotham, who do a ton of conventions year around.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

4. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

The actual comic creators (writers/authors) have been few and far in-between. And when they do have any, they are usually on smaller books, or older, non-current books. The only one that comes to mind from a flagship book was Greg Capullo who did art on Batman. Amazing Comic Con had Jim Lee two years back, Mark Bagley last year, and they have Chris Clairemont and Steve McNiven this year.

That being said, I still love Comicpalooza because it is our big con, and I hope they continue to grow. But forget about that FanFair event.

5. Dave2000

Anybody make it out today? Curious if the prices online is the same as the walk up price

they jacked up the online price from yesterday, $72 for 3 day pass after tax/fees, today it's $89 but no tax/fees, that's BS

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the Day pass was like 43$

Rocket River

7. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

There's a $ 5 off coupon on the back of McDonald's reciept

8. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't work...tried using it yesterday and it gave me a invalid promo code. Took it to the registration counter and they wouldn't honor it.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Anybody see anything good? Get any good stuff?

Went to a few small panels.

10. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Hit up Eliza, Aliens and Kate yesterday, I think boondock saints are today.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Anyone wanna share any pictures? :D

12. trigun333

trigun333 Member

Had a good time this year. Always enjoy going each year. I joined in the Overwatch tournament on Saturday and our team won out. We each won a $20 gift card and free weekend passes for next year's ComicPalooza.

13. hvic

hvic Member

congrats on your win

14. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I went yesterday. It was pretty fun. Met Kel Mitchell and Lennie James. We tried to meet Norman Reedus but he was leaving as we got there.

I was super bummed out about Kate Beckinsale only being there Friday and Saturday. She has been one of my all time crushes. Eliza was there too, but the line was super long. She looked amazing from far away.

15. hvic

hvic Member

I thought she was only going to be there on Friday and I was out of town so I didn't go at all for the con. I missed my chance

16. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Maybe it was just Friday. I dont have the program to check again but I remember it didnt say Sunday and I was super bummed out.

17. Dave2000

Got the 3 day pass, layout was a bit different with the food court being in the middle, crazy how they pretty much take over the whole building

Caught Dushku and Beckinsale's QA on Saturday, got a pic with Taeler Hendrix, saw Flair, Arn Anderson, and Tara Reid but couldn't justify myself to get pics with them with their prices. I was late for the photo op for Eliza on Saturday, so I got it on Sunday instead. I would post that but I know you savages and photoshop skills, plus most of the people I know here have already seen it. Wanted to catch the Kel Mitchell or Carl Weathers QA on Sunday, but got there too late.

Not bad this year, enjoyed it more the 2 years before it since there were more guests I wanted to see. As far as pics goes, here are 2 I took for Dushku and Beckinsale's QA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and just for the hell of it, here is a hot as hell Lara Croft cosplayer I took

[​IMG]

#37 Dave2000, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  18. hvic

hvic Member

thanks dave for posting the pictures. Hot damn on all 3 pics.

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I were there Friday and Saturday, got to meet everyone we wanted to (Weaver, Beckinsale who was super cool, Paxton, Hunnam and Cliff Collins Jr.).

Wife and I were keeping an eye out for you Dave but we never saw you, Saturday was nutty but it was all good.

Spent a good amount of time after the con at Luckys pub down the way, they have a killer happy hour.....

20. Dave2000

Thanks, I put my 55-200mm lens I just got to good use for my Nikon D3200 :)

yea, I was everywhere Saturday, met up with family from SA, and catching the Dushku/Beckinsale QAs, plus it was pretty packed on Saturday compared to yesterday

good pics I saw you posted on FB, Beckinsale seemed so down to Earth with her QA

#40 Dave2000, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016