1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wanted to see the Black Fish Fight .. . . wanted to see him fight Jaime

too much happened OFF SCREEN

Rocket River

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Jaime has one hand and Blackfish is 90 years old. That would have been a terrible fight.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yes I agree...

it's almost like they are setting it up for him to come back.

lady stoneheart's story line was said to be important by GRRM so this could be the writers making him the new Stoneheart. The people who would bring him back to life are sitting next to a river, so if it players out like in the books, they will find his body in the river like they found Cat's.... they are camping next to the right river and it's perfect time to combine the storylines (the hound pees in the river if you remember).

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Episode overall was ok, not great. But I don't take personal offense to an episode being less than great so I'm not mad.

Looking forward to the battle next week. I'm guessing Bolton's forces will be dominating and then the Vale forces show up and help them win.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Probably. the writing is so uninspired that this will happen.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Also (sorry for so many posts in a few minutes)...

I think Brienne and The Hound are my two favorite characters at this point. If Brienne goes down, I will be sad.

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Why are ya'll over thinking this so much? Critiquing just for the sake of it. In a relay race the slowest runners are always lumped in the middle. Relax, the table is just being set.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

Tyrion telling a "Englishman, Irishman, & Scotsman/Stark walk into a bar joke", lol.

9. Pete the Cheat

probably wishful thinking at this point...

most likely just a set-up for Brienne making her way down the same river. should make for an awkward reunion of sorts...

RE: the Faceless Man...
    The Red Priests/Priestesses seem to be acutely aware of a darkness building in the North.
    Wouldn't it stand to reason a man devoted to the Many-Faced-God be attuned to the disturbance? Perhaps Arya's training served a higher purpose? perhaps their first encounter was not by chance? perhaps it was not a "prince" that was promised?

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Too bad King Robert didn't have that actress to treat his wounds. None of this would have happened since he actress obviously has had EMT training on the side :roll eyes:

Weakest episode of the season on what has been a fantastic season so far. It seems they can't decide if they want to make Jaime a redeemable person or keep him an a**hole, he's like Magneto from the X-men movies.

Best stuff was the Cersei and Hound stuff. The Mountain with that Fatality was gruesomely awesome.

Glad Arya is going back home. Her time in Braavos seems completely pointless

11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Jaime offered Edmure a place in Casterly Rock. He did not offer the same offer he offered to Brienne. Edmure took it because he is weak and he was broken. This point was made twice before when Catelyn's father died and when Robb made the wedding proposal to Edmure.

Riverrun is about the dichotomy of Jaime. Turned between his Honor and his duty to love. I have always wanted Jaime to die even though at time he seems likeable

Arya killed the waif cause she's a badass now get over it and watch the show.

If the rumor Qyburn mentioned to Cersei is about wild fire....
    spoilered for left out book event
    cersei has yet to burn down the red keep

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I enjoyed the episode.

The masters returning by ship to bomb the city... awesome. (tyrion was bombing it inside with those lame jokes)
    I was ready for the mountain to go crazy on lancel but those faith militant are spineless.
    I think the waif was trying to make Aria suffer by using that small dagger in the first place so Aria taking out the waif was sweet.
    Jamie has shown he's a conflicted man through out the series. He may be the most complex character in the whole show.

I love it when the Giant gets involved so I'm really looking forward to next week's episode.

13. nono

nono Member

Can anyone explain to me why Jon Snow is so hasty to fight Ramsay Bolton when he is so outnumbered right now ? Wouldn't the logical thing have been for Sansa to tell him that she's requested Littlefinger's help and at least wait until they have an answer from him ?

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I believe he wants to get this over as quickly as possible so he can more easily rally the other Northern houses to fight against the White Walkers

15. Pete the Cheat

I thought the urgency was over Rickon?

16. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Need the Hound to kill Brienne and take Podrick under his wing next episode.

Hound/Bronn's training > Brienne's training

17. nono

nono Member

That makes sense, but his confidence is a bit weird it seems when Ramsay's defeated a much larger army before.

18. dmoneybangbang

Says you.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The thing about the slaver ships...how is a dragon to roast them if they need the ships?

I'm guessing if the budget is for the b*stard showdown, then they'll play the sneaky angle for Mereen, where the slavers disembark and try to invade the city while Dany whips up a BBQ buffet for the poor on the day after.

I think it's the whole winter is coming angle, and the last time a mostly foreign army fought in the North during snowing season wasn't so good.

Sansa probably realizes by now that everything comes with a price.

Makes sense. That Jacquen dude is always cryptic.

20. dragician

dragician Member

it was not a needle, it was a magic wand. arya's middle initial is P for Potter.