1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. cebu

cebu Member

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

One of the best episodes for scenery...I give it a 10 out of 10 on several counts...particularly the ship scene when Theon and Yara were talking.

3. heypartner

Anyone else rewatching the ship scene. We might have to update our titty list of 10s.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I agree the scenery was spectacular. I kind of thought Yara might remind Theon of that time he put his hands down her pants to remind him of the man he used to be. I guess that would have been a bit cruel though.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Awesome love that
    the hound is back

Lots of good stuff tonight.

DD

6. heypartner

Holy mackerel.

I happen to be rewatching S02e02. Opening scene is Arya and the Faceless Man, who is a captive in a cage on a wagon, and she's on the path heading away from King's Landing. Guess y'all probably already brought this up last year, that he first appeared in Season 2. I need to pay more attention.

7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

So after watching a good chunk of the Lannister army march to Riverrun this episode it got me thinking about how the Lannisters are in enormous debt to the Iron Bank. With this sort of schism between the Tyrell's and Lannister's couldn't the Tyrell's essentially stop funding them? I mean the grandmother clearly doesn't care for Cersei and is glad to see her fall. Why not sweep the gold they're supplying them from under them and let their empire fall?

https://youtu.be/xqIyVtlxbW8

I get Tommen is king and all but wouldn't that be the ultimate way of destroying the Lannister house? I mean you'd think the Iron Bank would pay for a Faceless Man or back Daenerys when she comes back just to exert revenge for enormous unpaid debts that they clearly can't pay back. It's like they forgot that part of the plot. Or how Littlefinger intentionally ran the kingdom into huge debt too. Where is the money for all this coming from? The Tyrell's good nature with the queen and their only heir held captive? Seems contradictory IMO.

The best play for them would be just to starve them all. They're the only ones with real power in Kings Landing.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

All if Arya's training and she got rekt like that...smh

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So crackpot but I have to think The Queen of Thornes now will seek out Dany to over throw the kingdom and the Tyrell's will play the part of the Lannisters back during Roberts Rebellion where they are key in sacking the city upon Danys arrival.

Let's face it, Loras being promised to Dany is a better prospect to the Tyrell family name than Margery to Tommen. The baby Loras and Dany have will be a Tyrell and will be in line to rule as King. Assuming Loras can do the deed of course.

10. heypartner

Dany's last baby was a monster, half-dragon, half-human, that didn't live. Of course, they blamed this on the witch "only death pays for life" making us believe the baby was deformed due to the bewitching of Drogo, rather than was always that way throughout the pregnancy...because Dany actually has Dragon blood.

Can Dany even have a human baby?

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Deanery can't have children anymore. The witch ensured that. That is why she is called the Mother of Dragons. She will not mother anything else.

12. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Arya deserved it. Instead of keeping low key, she was struttin' around town spending big money and enjoying the scenery like a tourist. Dummy.

13. dmoneybangbang

Wow. Great episode.

14. dmoneybangbang

Love how you put your preview out, seriously. What do you think?

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know. The next episode is titled "No One".

Something's a little fishy about this whole bit. Arya really played the dumbass by not going into hiding while waiting to get the hell out of Dodge.

Still, the preview for Episode 8 (already episode 8!) shows the Waif chasing Arya around Braavos, so here's hoping Arya manages to survive what should be mortal wounds.

16. dmoneybangbang

How about the 9 year old lady of House Mormont? What a bad ass.

17. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

She was fantastic. She is what Sansa should be.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

So the Hound indeed lives.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MMMmmmm glad we getting back to that classic Stark suffering. Feels good, feels familiar, feels like home. The Starks were getting way too many wins this season; gotta knock them back to earth a little.

20. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

So Daario didn't have to pull out. :grin: That said, it does bring up an interesting point as far as keeping the Targaryean bloodline going. If she can't bear an heir then she's really the last dragon.

Jon Snow's lineage hasn't been officially confirmed yet so I've omitted him.