1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Muslims in Germany demand the right to make the University of Berlin into a mosque

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, May 27, 2016.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

LOL. You're not a liberal, bruh. Liberals would call out these morons. Illiberals however would not.

2. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Should I break it down so you can comprehend it better? I know how hard this kind of critical thinking can be for you.

If a student wants to study in peace, going outside to do so would not be recommended. A library would be recommended and most contain study rooms they can use to study in peace.

Arresting a student for exercising their right to practice their religion would be a violation of the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany. Article 4 of this law states:

(1) Freedom of faith and of conscience, and freedom to profess
    a religious or philosophical creed, shall be inviolable.
    (2) The undisturbed practice of religion shall be guaranteed.
    (3) No person shall be compelled against his conscience to
    render military service involving the use of arms. Details
    shall be regulated by a federal law

I don't think I can put it in any simpler terms. If you are still finding this difficult to comprehend, I recommend heading to TU Berlin where you can develop proper reading comprehension skills. There are no prayer rooms there, so you should be able to do this in peace.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I find it hilarious that Islamist Hydhypedplaya thinks he can lecture me on the Basic Law of Germany.

I'll keep it simple for you and help you out with a Wikipedia link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_religion_in_Germany

You might find this verdict by the German Highest Constitutional Court interesting.

tl;dr version: Religious freedom is not unlimited and above all other freedoms. Obviously, Islamists such as Hydhypedplaya try to exploit religious freedoms in a democracy until they can get to the point where they can institute Sharia. Their trick is to refer to constitutional rights, but not because they believe in the values of the constitution, but because they use it as a tool to get what they want. That was Erdogan's playbook in Turkey.

4. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

What rights of others are being violated by the group of people praying outside?

[/quote]
    Except that verdict has absolutely nothing to do with the topic being discussed here. Literally from your same article:

Besides collective, German law protects individual freedom of religion, which is to be distinguished into positive and negative freedom of religion. Negative freedom of religion covers the right not to confess your faith unless legally required (i. e. registration for church tax) and the right not to be exposed to religion while in a position of "subordination" where one is legally required to attend.

No person is legally required to attend university. The subordination clause has no legal bearing on this issue. Nice try though.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I must have missed it when you studied constitutional law in Germany and qualified as a lawyer here. It's actually quite amusing, and further confirms that you talk about issues you have no clue about as if you did, that you embarrass yourself here by posing as some kind of authority on German constitutional law.

Answer this question truthfully, no Taqiya: If there is a conflict between the U.S. constitution and the Quran/Sharia, which one trumps the other for you? Which one do you follow and which one do you ignore?

6. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Lol, typical ATW response when he gets refuted. You bring up a clause as if that supports your argument, and when shown it does not, you deflect with a logical fallacy.

You continuously make claims about how great of a lawyer you are but lack basic argumentative skills. What kind of lawyer brings up a clause that refutes their own argument?

Unless you can provide ample evidence that people are legally required to attend universities in Germany, your statements will continue to hold no weight.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Utter nonsense.

Answer the question above; no Taqiya-lying:

In case of a conflict between U.S. laws and Sharia law, which one do you follow?

8. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

So do you admit that you were wrong and that you are not a defender of constitutional rights as you purported just a few pages ago?

As for your absent-minded question, you clearly do not understand what Sharia is. The Qur'an is pretty clear in not breaking oaths/covenants/agreements. I (as well as the vast majority of Muslims in America) see no conflict between US federal laws and Islam.

But still, it's nice to know that you support violating the freedom of religion (but only against Muslims).

Back to the mail room for you.

1 person likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

http://www.publiusforum.com/pdfs/Online-Survey-of-US_Muslims.pdf

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Shariah law is not welcome in the western world - and should be banned and anyone found enforcing it when it conflicts with that countries laws should be jailed.

DD

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Using google translate it seems to say that one imam who had preached their turned away from Salafism and began preaching at a place valued by Hamas.

In my opinion, that is not evidence that anyone has been preaching hate propaganda in that prayer room, and feels like a stretch to conclude from the article you posted (from what I could see in the translation).

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

As yet another tangent, I feel disgusted when I think about how some mosques pen women to a smallish corner in order to pray. It's rather funny that, as a non-believer, I could enter their space of worship if I'm vouched as a guest.

Being chaste and conservative is one thing, but that practice also has the affect of delineating hierarchy and removing women's dignity or at least conditioning them to accept it.

It's not like they screen door the mosque in half and let everyone pray side by side.

#312 Invisible Fan, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  13. Exiled

Exiled Member

you shouldn't feel this way if you 'd a better understanding to the whole situation .

men are encouraged to pray in the mosque , women encouraged to pray at home , praying 5 times a day not usually the best fits. one story about Mohammad PBUH that one day he was leading a prayer when a women with her infant in the gathering started crying , the prayer was rushed as quick as possible so the mother can take care of her child.

Ummrah & Hajj which is more of a time consuming performed by both gender at one place

[​IMG]

you've stated that you're not a believer so why do you want to dictate how others should do ! have you looked how other religions treat women!

14. Exiled

Exiled Member

obviously you are not familiar with sharia law which is not surprising , but when 95% of ISIS members have no clue of such thing, then we have a problem of lack of education to the whole thing. this why
    German Protestant bishop wants Islam classes in all state schools

in other words , Islam by itself is very acceptable to secular laws , but there are Muslims and Muslims who don't know it yet

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Who cares what they're encouraged to do if the situation is about how women are treated when they're doing their duty and praying at a mosque?

I haven't dictated what people in other countries should do, nor would I think things would change even if I did.

That last bit about an even division would help make women look less like a second class citizen in mosques. #notadecree

As long as they are, and considering that Islam is life to many Muslims, loosening interpretation is an uphill battle. #notadecree

16. dmoneybangbang

Some of us pragmatic folks are more intelligent than you and see through your and ATWs to sugar coat your discrimination and your fear.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

from you feminist views you care i understand but but ..but ..its not how it looks

there is hardly any Rabbiya, or Popea as a leading female religious figures, so we figure out as Muslims that we should make mosque exclusively a male place , there is a room for hard nose females followers if they insisted but if we make it comfy and such , they might comes there more often ...

the thing is we think women are much smarter ...they can watch DVD or read a script of the whole thing and they will get it way better than men

religion is based on faith , those men and women who pray beliefs they will be rewarded much greater things than a feminist case. BTW i would rather do most of my religious duty from comfort of my home , i am envious of many things Muslim women gets though it might be not significant enough to you ... but again...who cares :)

18. dmoneybangbang

So is that more copying and paste hyperbole or just your own personal brand of hyperbole.

You started a thread based on a misleading title and now you are just making stuff up. Why are you such a coward?

Actually the issue is that the University of Berlin has closed down it's prayer room after many decades. It sucks the timing is that Christianity is winding down in Europe and Islam is Europe's fastest growing religion. Why does it upset you that they want to be represented like the Christians before them?

What's scary about your youtube video?

https://youtu.be/KD_RygXugTY

What's the big deal? Nothing. You create a misleading thread because you are some scared dude and expect us to become a coward like you? Unbelievable.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

At this rate, I expect Germany to implode and have underground fascists impose the 4th Reich.. There will be a Supreme Nazi Regime re-established...

20. dmoneybangbang

Hear! Hear!

Well....... You maybe surprised what kind of crazy beliefs between consenting folks goes on in a large patch of land along a dusty trail. Them folks in Waco maybe able to tell you something about some of the crazy stuff that goes in this country. Or you can take the google rabbit hole and educate yourself on the kinds of crazy occult, Christian, pagan, etc. stuff goes on.

So you maybe surprised when that fantasy doesn't come true.