1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Athletics @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 3, 2016.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Good call.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

if only i could rep bob again. awesome

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

I was at the game this afternoon. Is this the first time Gomez walked up to "hate me now/won't stop now". If so, props to him.

4. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

nope...he had it during the dbacks series too.

5. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Yes sir. Today was a blast for Orbit's birthday.

6. RocketTOOL

RocketTOOL Member

Houston/Clutchfans.... Home of the Negative Nancys! Rock on! :rolleyes:

7. awc713

awc713 Member

thats great

8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

:grin::grin::cool::cool::)

2 people like this.
  9. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

This team looks ready to storm back .. take 3 of 4 in this next series and they start getting real nervous. With how it has gone against the Rangers, I'd be pretty damn content with a split though

10. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

This was a very good game for Hinch, as he played Gomez and delivers, plus gave the game to Harris to save, both moves made a difference with McCullers pitching his best game of the year.
    Also the offense came back, again.

Now, the question is, what are we going to do with White? In his last 19 or 20 games he is hitting under .170. If Marwin was having a year like last year it would be no problem, but Gonzalez is also struggling only hitting .220 for the year, and in the last 20 games only batting .206.
    We need to do something, either move Valbuena to 1b and bring Worth to play 3b for a while, or Moran back or maybe have Reed in the majors, even tough he is only hitting .239 in the minors, but he had a very good ST and we know he will hit in the majors. Another option is trying to get Morneau to a minor league deal and see if he has anything left in that bat.He hit .310 last year in few at bats and .319 the year before.
    Another option is Bregman 3b and Valbuena 1b?
    And i know is difficult to have him in the majors, but Hoyt is major league ready.

11. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Ahhh, and another great move was using Marisnick late on defense to play rf and Rasmus move to LF.
    I do disagree that he did not use Marwin to play 1b at the end of the game, even tough White made a great pickup on Valbuena's throw in the 9th.
    We are leading by 3 in the 9, Harris pitching, i want my best defense out there if possible.

12. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

I would understand wanting your best defense in the game when you are up by 1 with Gregerson pitching, but up by 3 with Harris...I think you can let White finish the game.

13. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very smart of Hinch to play Gomez on a day when he would hit a homer and a double. He should predict these things more often.

No, we don't.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So had Gomez gone 0-4 it would have been a bad move to play him? I get it now. It's taken me 50+ years to understand it, but I have finally seen the light. When the players perform, the manager made good moves. When the players don't perform, the manager is an idiot. When trades work out, regardless how bad they may look on paper, the GM is a genius. When trades fail, regardless of how good they look on paper, the GM is an idiot.

Plus, leaving in your best defensive 3rd baseman with a 1 run lead is a bad move and not putting in your best defensive 1st baseman with a 3 run lead is a bad move. (I'll need some time - perhaps another 50 years - to figure that one out)

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This is not how you want to start out your week.

16. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

*insert mindblowngif*

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The guy is getting castrated on a daily basis now... how many nuts can one have to get them constantly clipped with each and every post???!?

1 person likes this.
  18. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N90D68_NfQ

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Perhaps the fact that Morneau underwent elbow surgery in December and has apparently not yet even started swinging a bat precludes him from having "anything left in the bat". Oh....also his past concussion issues.

20. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I did not know about the surgery, how long it takes that recovery? If healthy he could be a good option for us as white is struggling, singleton and Reed are not hitting much in the minors and Marwin should not be a regular.