1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Free Agency Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Apr 28, 2016.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Man I have wanted Dudley on this team for the few seasons he's the perfect player for us. He wants to play here, he likes the team and he loves Harden. Please sign him Morey

2. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

Dudley needs to replace brewer, but how much is he going to cost??

3. fattz

fattz Member

Fournier on a near max, please. Let Harden play the point forward spot.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think it's possible that we use KJ/Dekker to dump brewer. That being said, they would be there for depth in case of injuries, blow outs, and for spot up minutes here and there. KJ could also play backup SG too though.

The only player that CAN'T be a bench warmer is Brewer, he would have to go. There's nothing wrong with KJ/Dekker/Harrell being at the end of our bench, every team needs depth.

5. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

If the Rockets dropped Brewer for nothing and Dwight ops out, will they have enough cap space to bring in Horford, Gasol, Deng, Lin and Dudley?

Bev/Lin/Goudelock
    Harden/KJ
    Deng/Ariza/Dudley
    Gasol/DMO/Beasley/Harrell
    Horford/Capela

I think that would be a pretty solid team, but is there enough money?

6. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

I forgot about Dekker...

Bev/Lin/Goudelock
    Harden/Dudley/KJ
    Deng/Ariza/Dekker
    Gasol/Beasley/Harrell
    Horford/DMO/Capela

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want Augustine, Scola and Dudley. Let's fix this locker room.

8. Since75

Since75 Member

Vivi

Call me sensitive if you like but I just consider it respectful to not use words like "wack" to characterise a person's statement that you don't know. Just saying there are better ways and words to use that my won't be considered inflammatory. That said the last part of my post indicated that Horford and Gordon were from different positions. Where you and I are disagreeing is the need for a 4 That will cost the Rockets a lot of money but in all likelihood not provide big time money from one position. I Would love Horford don't misunderstand. I just would rather have a couple of players who could play multiple positions give me similar production for the same or lessor price. Not discounting Horford but I do think you are a bit off on Gordon overall as it related to who he could be in this offense. I have absolutely no problem with him off the bench. In fact that would be great.

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Just like Dudley DJ is another guy I have wanted for a few seasons now. He is the perfect PG to run the 2nd unit. He will be what we wanted Ty to be.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Alessandro Gentile had 23 pts (24m) in the Italian League Finals today.
    Stein said back in October Rockets wanted to bring him over this year
    Dont know if still true

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Am I stupid in the fact that I think I'd prefer Biyombo over Horford?

Biyombo is younger, cheaper, and would mesh well next to Capela AND Dmo, IMO.

Give me Batum, Conley, and Biyombo, and I would be in heaven.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Probably like Brewer or a bit less.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sorry if it's offensive, english is not my first language, i guarantee you i didn't say it that way, that's why i also add "kinda".

Anyway, i can agree with what you say here overall, i think it's fair to prefer more players than one who is not a superstar, but i mean, we desperately need a front court player since Dwight is gone, Capela is still a project and D.Mo may not be here next season (and even if he's staying, we can't bet hard on him due to his back), that's why we should go after a 4/5 first and foremost...it seems we can also agree on having Gordon coming off the bench, just wouldn't this contract (40x4) be too much for a bench player? (with that injury past)

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Gentile is good, but people here (in Europe) are divided about him going in the nba, some think he can play here, some think he cannot cause he's too slow to play the 2, not strong enough to play the 3, his shot's not quick enough...personally i think he can play in the nba, he may need time to adapt though, and maybe not a little...he's also a bit cocky and impulsive which may lead him to think that he deserves some kind of rotation spot to make the jump...but i think in the end he'll come, he's going to follow Bargnani, Belinelli and Gallinari.

15. chandlerbang21

Dudley is a PF/SF because he doesnt have the footspeed to play good defense. Horford is MAX money this off season and Lin isnt coming here

We have to be the most delusional NBA form on the internet lol . There are better teams with cap ready to get Horford , Gasol and Deng.

16. Since75

Since75 Member

Thanks for the honesty Vivi. No offense taken. I agree with you totally about the need for another Big with Dwight being gone. I guess I'm somewhat resigned to the fact that the Rockets may have to outscore teams and employ long perimeter players who can defend. I'd love Horford at 4/75 or even 4/80. At least then the Rockets could jettison Beg Arias and Brewer opening up an additional 20mil or so and then full in the gaps with some of the players I've mentioned. (Gordon doesn't have to be one of them)

17. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Pretty sure Batum is off the table

Would love to see Courtney Lee added though

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

20. dream2franchise

I feel that KJ can be something under MDA. I have high hopes for him and I feel that once he's given direction and purpose out on the floor he can really be a solid contributor and given his natural defensive abilities, I think (I hope) he'll be a favourite of both MDA and Bez.