1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors are a fairly easy team to hate

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dankstronaut, May 30, 2016.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Geez, super seriously over here....if I said dislike instead would it make that wad in your panties go Away?

Negatively? Naw mang. That was all straight up. They cheer like they win a championship every time the ball goes in. It's crazy go nuts how the score, time, whatever doesn't matter. They get up and get loud over nothing. That's genuinely awesome. Am I speaking English? I wish we had that here. Literally.

Oh, I see how it is.

Hmmmm....no not really. pretty much don't like the way they play ball.

2. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Can we at least agree that they have quite a few guys who play some dirty basketball? That's really what I was getting at. Bogut, green, varejao, speights, Livingston....I mean most teams have like that one enforcer type. We have Beverley, and harden who earned himself the title of dick kicker and yea, it's BS when he did it too.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Bogut and Green, sure, but the rest? They may have had a sketchy play here or there, but I doubt anyone would consider Varejao, Speights, or Livingston 'dirty'.

4. verysimplejason

So you want ISO instead? Relying on teams overpaying just to get their "stars".

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

6. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Did you watch the Mavs vs Thunder first round series?..talk about dirty/cheap shots.

7. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

All you haters crying about their media exposure must have forgot that they just won 73 games... How many times has that ever happened in history? Oh yeah none.

8. theangrycanary

The golden state warriors aren't changing the game of basketball. They aren't breaking the game.

The anomaly is that somehow.... Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry... the two greatest shooters in history and also all around good players... somehow ended up on the same damn team at the same damn time while they are both peaking

I think we have all underestimated Klay Thompson. The dude, by all metrics, is the second best shooter of all time. Who beat Curry in the three point contest this year? Thompson did. Who dropped 37 in a quarter? Thompson did.

Having these two guys on the same team at the same time is like having Michael Jordan and Larry Bird on the same team at the same time while they are both peaking, with a good team.

Screw Draymond Green and everyone else on that team. Screw the coaching. Screw the system. Everything boils down to having those two freaks on the floor at the same time.

9. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Ah but in California, and even in Laker Country - GSW is everyones favorite sons. You are a hater if you think everyone hates the Warriors LAWL. Easiest way to measure, look up jersey sales.

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i love mo buckets

11. verysimplejason

While I agree with you that these 2 are among the best shooters in NBA, the system makes them more effective. And you should not compare them to Mike and Larry. They are different beasts from a different era. Strength-wise, they are all entirely different with each favoring a different system.

12. MD_in_Training

The point he's trying to make isn't that they or their game bear any resemblance to MJ and Bird. Obviously they are all different players in different systems in different eras. The point is that through some wild luck and skillful drafting, they are somehow on the same team while both are hitting their peaks.

The system in place allows them to flourish, but it isn't the system itself that is special. From a basketball purist perspective, they don't actually execute their plays better than, say, the 2014 Spurs squad. Neither do they have better team defense or motion offense. That isn't to criticize the system, because they don't NEED to execute better than the Spurs to win. They have to do JUST enough to get Klay and Curry a sliver of space to get their shots up. Anyone who watched game 6 of the OKC series can clearly see this. It wasn't like OKC left Klay wide open 11 straight times, or their defenders got caught in some complex web of player movement. Klay was making 27 feet jumpers with defenders square in his face. You can't teach that, and you can't replicate that. The Warriors are what they are because of the Splash brothers.

13. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

You're wrong about varejao at the very least. Speights, seems like I've seen him headlock one too many people to be accidents. Livingston straight up punched dirk in the undercarriage. I found a video of every player on YouTube doing something pretty foul within the last two seasons. What I got to video evidence was more denial so I'll just say it's out there if you wish to see for yourself.

....What?

No but the guy that I got into it with says the thunder were super dirty vs the Spurs is the only reason they won.

Well, I'm not oblivious. Not a surprise that a hometown or state would like its team and that's really besides my point which is the Warriors play dirtier than most teams I've seen.

14. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

i just hate klay thompson's face for some inexplicable reason. it is aesthetically unusual.

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

One play does not make someone dirty. Are there multiple incidents a la Chris Paul?

16. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

legreed

17. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

I find the Warriors very likable, even if I hate to admit it.

Curry is a very likable star player. Their style of play is fun to watch. Yeah, Draymond is just horrible but I got no probs with Thompson, Iggy, Bogut.

Barnes really bothers me because for a while there it looked like we had better rooks that class in TJones and Dmo... but that isn't the case.

Livingston was a Rocket that we cut and will always be that guy who bounced back from what could have been a career ending injury so really hard to hate that guy.

Plus they built through the draft as opposed to Lebron forming SuperTeams that he monopolizes with his own talent agency?! Yeah, Warriors MUCH easier to like.

1 person likes this.