1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Notes: Free Agency, Beasley, D’Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fawadhm, May 29, 2016.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You said 4 things about his shooting...

His shooting leaves a lot to be desired*

He can shoot*

he doesn't space the floor*

Other teams don't mind him shooting*

Your post in contradicting its self. He can shoot, he's a 40% 3pt shooter, but his shooting leaves a lot to be desired, and he's not spacing the floor and teams don't care if he shoots.

And why would I be mad at defenses leaving open a 40% 3pt shooter? Great, keep passing him the ball so he can keep making about 2 threes a game at 40%.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The bad shooter argument is old and false. Beverley shot 40% on 322 shots from behind the arc this season. Your not going to find a lot of shooters better. Now if you want to criticize other areas of his game then there is plenty of items to criticize but shooting is not one of them.

If you are hitting 40% of 3pt shots from behind the arc and taking 322 a game then you are spacing the floor and doing it well.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So he hits 2 threes a game (Around) and this is while not being a threat offensively on the floor and you think this is a plus on offense? Who do you think the other players are focusing on? Hint, that fellow with the beard.

MDA will be about giving Harden room to operate so that when he does drive he won't be crashing into 3 guys.

Beverly doesn't space the floor because his shooting could be better. I really don't care about FG%, it is one of the most deceptive stats in the entire game and it always maddens me when people bring it up to prop up one player or tear down another. It's super easy to use.

Patrick Beverly is ranked 40th in this stat you are using. You know who else is making 1.7 3 pointers per game? Dirk Nowtizki and Kyrie Irving at 1.6...are you willing to argue that defenses treat these players differently than Beverly? Kyrie and Dirk even have a lower 3PFG% than Beverly, who do you think the Defense will make sure is covered?

So I really am not buying that this stat along with .400 from 3 proves that he's a a threat from three. I just watch the games and see everyone on the Rockets team wide open and because the defense doesn't care who else takes threes.

If anything he should be taking more 3s then to establish that he is in fact a dead-eye .400 % 3 point shooter that can't be left open.

But he's not spacing the floor if they are open shots. Those numbers don't tell you that.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Bev plays too much D to start on a D'antoni team.

5. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

He's a good role player out-earning his paycheck - plays hard on D and makes open shots.

6. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

We need to cut Beverly.

7. Sanity2disChaos

The two positions most opposite of each other are PG and PF. If these two are not addressed, DA can pack his bags now.

Conley and a PF worth the max,id love Blake, would solidify DA offense and allows Harden to be the 1a player he has been conditioned to be.

8. Sanity2disChaos

I never get reps but the name says it all.

1 person likes this.
  9. basketballholic

Totally disagree. Bev is too slow and limited offensively next to Harden. As is Trevor. And that's before we hire MDA. An MDA-coached team is only going to expose their limitations even more. I'm pretty sure at least one of them will be traded and I also think we'll have new starters at both positions before the end of next season.

10. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Have to agree with this, In MDA's system he is looking for playmakers at multiple positions. Feels like 1 of those guys will be traded.

12. supercoolBeas

supercoolBeas Member

Beasley in MDA system is GRAVY. No emphasis on D, just get buckets all you can. It's gonna be a buffet scoring-wise

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For both teams.

14. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

He does hit 40% of his 3s

15. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Lin's coming back!

16. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

D'Antoni's offense requires smart players that are able to make quick reads and keep the ball moving. I don't see how we can have an offense like that with Ariza and Bev both playing big minutes.

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Players that will benefit the most are Beasley and Terrence Jones (if he stays)

Beasley has more scoring potential than Shawn Marion
    Terrence can provide what Channing Frye did.