1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Since leaving Phoenix, D'Antoni's record is almost 40 games under .500

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ApuN, May 26, 2016.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The Knicks and Lakers are dysfunctional organizations with crappy rosters who have continued to be terrible after Mike D'antoni left. Not saying he gets no blame, but you can't turn chicken **** into chicken salad, as they say.

Look at Rudy T. He was considered a great coach when he had Olajuwon, and a bad coach when he had Francis and Mobley.

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Dont know about his coaching, but he is great at conning gullible owners
    Just about the right size and quite accurate in my opinion. Obviously Les hired him to run off Howard. Only possible excuse for our owner.Y:p

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

never considered Rudy a bad coach

Rocket River

4. therox3

therox3 Member

He's been an NBA head coach for 4 different teams and he's just now getting the message that he needs to care about defense? Your argument assumes he's someone who's evolving instead of someone who time and time again has tried to impose a system on a roster that didn't match its demands. He strikes me as someone that can talk a good game in an interview but will revert back to what he's comfortable when he's actually in the locker room. I'd like to believe in what you're saying but history has proven otherwise.

5. Harden's beard

this is not good

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Come on, man, you do not believe it really

Rudy T was at the peak of coaching career when he had Olajuwon.

I am afraid Dan Antoni's best years are behind him.

Can he redeem himself? Sure but I do not think he is the rescue type.

He is just patching up the whole thing but it will blow open again.