1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to hire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 26, 2016.

?

Doyou agree with the Rockets decision to hire Mike D'Antoni as their new head coach?

1. YES

152 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. NO

639 vote(s)
    80.8%
  1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Rockets finally going to turn the corner... for the worse.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Les is delusional! A 4 year deal for D'Antoni! Lottery here we come! James will be happy, but when we start losing heavily again, he will probably demand a trade.

I read cyberx's post, about trying to force Dwight to opt out, with this hiring. I feel that Les might try and persuade him to opt in, if he is fit and healthy at the end of the off season.

1 person likes this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I've been trying gallows humor all night but this is still pretty much the essence of my current mental state.

1 person likes this.
  4. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Clippers :grin:

1 person likes this.
  5. hooroo

hooroo Member

I'll give Pringles a chance to prove himself but the same can't be said for this roster. They've had their chance and now Morey needs to overhaul it. Morey heading into a new season with the same roster would be inexcusable.

2 people like this.
  6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Q: How this team to be better from the disaster last season?

A: Bring MDA here.

1 person likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Is this official?

1 person likes this.
  8. jdhu

jdhu Member

Dislike, but obviously hope he's successful and perhaps has learned something over time.

1 person likes this.
  9. therox3

therox3 Member

Is anyone at all encouraged by the potential hires of Roy Rogers and Jeff Bzdedelik?

10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Ugh.

Is it bad of me to wish for a return to the lottery years? At least back then we were so bad that the futility had an air of fun and acceptance. This last season and this hire are just depressing, discouraging, and disheartening. My fandom energy is seriously diminished--so much so that I even find coming to ClutchFans a bit of a chore and that has never happened before.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Who??

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

29 other teams know for a fact that Morey wanted nothing to do with DAntoni and Les is officially off his rocker doing what he said he'd never do and undercutting his GM being hands on in basketball matters.

I guarantee you at least 10 teams have already reached out to Morey about joining their staff or being their GM. It's only a matter of time before he's out of here and so is Harden.

Actually DAntoni is a good coach for a tanking team, and Harden probably should be traded in February to get max value back in trade (assuming they strike out in FA and are mediocre the first half the season).

If Morey was allowed to trade Harden Morey might stay for a rebuild out of interest to build from the draft truly. But Les won't let that happen and unless Morey can strike gold in FA/trade this summer this signals the beginning of the end to my 33 year long die hard fandom of the Rockets, and any support I ever had for Les Alexander, the steepest declining owner in sports(the comparison to Drayton McClain in his final years is interesting).

13. Sajan

Sajan Member

Has there been a coach that the rockets hired that 90% of clutchfans already hated before game 1?

I can't imagine the state of GARM 30 games in...with a 8-22 record.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

NBA teams always run through the personality of the head coach. And I don't care how great the assistants are at defensive schemes. Your offense dictates your defense and DAntoni will NEVER coach an affective team on the defensive end. It cannot happen with his offense and principles or lack therof.

Might as well just let DAntoni pick whoever he wants unless we are planning again at firing him 11 games in (we could be so lucky).

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Unless it's Roy Rogers singing Happy Trails to Pringles and his benefactor, famed PrIngles enthusiast Leslie Alexander.....

....no.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Considering that the fanbase is smarter than the ones running things, it'll probably be a lot of "I told you so's" and "I knew it" going on.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lol, they just called us fans "very skeptical " about the choice on the news.

18. PeppermintCandy

According to the poll right now, 46 people are in favor of this move. I'd be interested to hear their thoughts.

19. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Listening to Woj talk about the D'Antoni hire he says Harden is a free agent next year, isn't it 2 years time?

20. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Probably out of 46 of those votes, they all belong to 3 different persons, if that many.

Would love to see a Anti-Antoni rally going on outside Toyota Center during the press conference to introduce him. Just to upstage Les and his "Tone-deaf" response to fans.