1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to hire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 26, 2016.

?

Doyou agree with the Rockets decision to hire Mike D'Antoni as their new head coach?

1. YES

152 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. NO

639 vote(s)
    80.8%
  1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Beard taking the scoring title next year

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Remember, Harden had a hand in this.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

But Rockets miss the playoffs.

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Good call by Charles about DAntoni when he just go hired by the Lakers and why they might not succeed

[youtube]aIwBi85_Rhw?t=314[/youtube]

6. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Our last vestige of pride was that the Rockets were a better-run franchise than Philadelphia.

Now we're Philadelphia.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The fact that we were getting signals about this for the last 3 weeks doesn't make it any easier to deal with. This is the low point of my 23 year rocket fandom. I sincerely dislike Les Alexander and the sooner he sells the team to someone patient enough to build a contender the right way, from the ground up, the better off Houston will be. This guy is a clown. Won't be watching many games this year. Just freaking terrible.

1 person likes this.
  8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Now we have D'Antoni, will we see Jeremy Lin back with the Rockets? That would be fun for the forum.:):grin:

9. DreamEarlNolan

True story, I had to get a dental crown today, and the pain I felt from that procedure is nothing compared to the pain I felt when I read the headlines regarding the Rockets hiring D'Antoni.

10. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

Only bright side is that we can finally reclaim Roy Rogers

11. MFG16

MFG16 Member

I was excited when we fired McHale because I thought this team could finally hire a good coach to take the next step. Fast forward an entire NBA season, and we hired Mike D'antoni. This is the lowest I've felt in my 20+ years of being a fan. I honestly can't believe this franchise has turned into a laughing stock.

1 person likes this.
  12. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I wanted JVG, but had no strong opinion on the others. If Morey can improve the roster a MDA team could be a breath of fresh air after the McHale/JB era that we were all so sick of. The NBA is less predictable than everybody thinks. See: this year's playoffs.

13. bratna8

bratna8 Member

When is the ****ing press conference?

I would like to hear what fat-**** Morey has to say. And Les better not be a p***y and not to show up. I'd like to hear from the dirt bag as well.:mad::mad::mad:

1 person likes this.
  14. therox3

therox3 Member

Last season proved this team needs a culture change. What proof is there that D'Antoni can have a positive impact in this locker room? What Players Will Want To Play For D'Antoni?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...cks-carmelo-anthony-pushing-mike-dantoni-door

http://www.lakersnation.com/antawn-jamison-nobody-got-a-fair-shake-with-mike-dantoni/2014/12/02/

http://lakerholicz.com/lakers-news-...ation-with-the-players-last-season/2013/09/01

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2014/05/09/kobe-bryant-reaction-mike-dantoni-resignation

He's been a disaster in the locker room at his last two head coaching gigs.

1 person likes this.
  15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

James Harden is downplayed by media for no ****ing defense.

After hiring MDA, I can see Harden will be always blamed for defense even he can score 30+ pts per game.

*** the organization!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Les: "well we talked $ with a bunch of coaches, and I feel happiest with where Mikey D came in on that front"

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Conclusion:

JBB is not the headless chicken,

Rockets Organization is the headless chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Source link???

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

This. We need to enforce this big time. Cancel your season tickets. Hold out on this team...

The leverage is in our hands.

1 person likes this.
  20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I understand the hiring of D'Antoni philosophy, but I don't understand why the Rockets choose a dinosaur. He is at an age that he is collecting Social Security benefits. Even if he succeeds, it is short term because he ain't going to last through his contract dealing with so many NBA babies. Good Luck MD!!!