1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rank ex Oklahoma big 3

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DMO (DJ remix), Mar 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Westbrook averages those numbers with Durant... Harden is virtually by himself as a offensive generator ... Imagine Westbrook without Durant...Sick!!!

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yes. And OKC made the playoffs? No? Oh dear.

So Harden gets criticised for Superhuman performances in carrying scrubs, and is IN the playoffs, WB can't make it there unless a once in a generation player is with him

Durant >= Harden >>>>>>>>>>>>> Westbrook.

1 person likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What? Can't make the playoffs with a one ina generation player?

Are you talking about last year, the year where Durant only played 26 games, Ibaka 64 and Westbrook 67?

I mean seriously... Let's also factor in that we are on schedule to have a WORSE season then the thunder did last year, sure they didn't make the playoffs because of how ridiculous the West was last year, but this year their winning % would have made them good for 6th seed this year. On top of that Harden has been HEALTHY this year, as well as Ariza, and Howard for the most part(12 games isn't bad), yet we have been worst, in a weaker western conference, then OKC was last year with having horrible injury issues. Trying to down play how bad we have been bg saying we are IN the playoffs, we'd be 10th seed last year right now, we have been horrible.

I love Harden, but the things you guys are citing are hilarious bad excuses for labeling Harden as better then Westbrook - (this season that is).

4. Buck Turgidson

Blake Griffin
    Mookie Blaylock
    Wayman Tisdale

1 person likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can't decide whether the Rockets supporting cast is good or bad. Sometimes you guys say last season's WCF appearance was not a fluke. Sometimes you guys say this season's performance just shows that Harden is playing with scrubs.

Well, one thing for sure. Dwight Howard must be a scrub. Harden must have dragged him and the rest of the scrubs to the WCF.

6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

An historically high usage usage rate?

He put up numbers but his usage was off the charts and he was very inefficient.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yup, but homerism is fine just don't be like this dude...

Just sounds about right from you.

Westbrook/Durant

Harden

Regardless, I think that the Adams/Kanter/Waiters/Roberson group has more chemistry and a supporting role to OKC's niche than they did with James. They lost a good player for sure, but their core was always Durant/WB.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yup sounds about right from you too.

Tell me again, Durant should join Houston because he can take any bubble team to contending right? Tell us about how you were inside his head too.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Westbrook has always been better than Harden. Not to mention the wedge people try to prt between him and Durant. Anyone remember Durant fg% vs Memphis when Westbrook was out in the playoffs? He shot like 25% in the 4th and money quarters. Everytime they bog down, its because Westbrook is deferring to KD. I like KD alot and he's a unique player with his size and range. Westbrook is the most unique guy I've seen in a long, long time. He's like a smaller, meaner Lebron playing pg. He's overwhelms guys at his position because he's so physical and relentless on both ends. I've stated before, Durant isn't going to play with a better player unless he goes to Cleveland. Why leave?

10. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Suprised nobody said westbrook over kd

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Westbrook always took boneheaded shots and made boneheaded decisions.

But now, I honestly think Westbrook is more important to the Thunder, than Durant. Not by much, but enough to make that statement.

12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

...even without Harden lol

13. Harden's beard

Then how come Harden has two ALL-NBA 1st team selections while WB has zero? Why did Harden get more MVP votes than WB for the last three straight seasons?

The fact is WB is clearly having a better year this season, but ever since Harden joined the Rockets he was considered a better player than Westbrook, except this year. Kudos to WB, he really improved.