1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard on Inside the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, May 10, 2016.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Did Harden admit to quitting or are you just making it up? Exactly move on.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

As if anyone here is supposed to care what you're tired of? You think too highly of yourself. My posts are incessant and not worth a substantive reply to you BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO SUBSTANTIVE REPLIES AND YOU DISAGREE WITH ME BUT HAVE NOTHING RELEVANT TO SAY BACK. Keep posting meme's maybe that'll work.

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

So a player is no longer judged by his performance on the court? The only thing that matters is what he says to the media?

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dwight Howard admitted to quitting on the team. You can say you don't like Harden's defense but you can't call him a quitter. It's funny you bring up Harden though when we are talking about Dwight which means you have nothing in rebuttal to the actual argument just making stuff up in order to deflect the conversation. If Harden had said he quit on the team I wouldn't be happy with him either. That's a no brainer. I don't want quitters on the Rockets and this isn't the first time Howard has quit on a team and before this season I thought he had changed. I was wrong.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

wtf.... Are you being serious right now?

Everybody that has criticized Harden this season has claimed that to be the biggest reason. Dude doesn't give a crap half the time. Evident by coming into training camp as a ****** and using half the season to get in shape. The clippers series last season was one of the most disgusting things I have seen from him, and pretty much 65% of the games this year. Dude came out after every loss basically saying "just one loss we gotta move on".

I'm not going to defend Dwight either, both are mental midgets ---but he gives a crap. Harden is T-Mac "toronto game" personified .

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Again you, just like the other guy are making stuff up. There's a difference between drawing an opinion off of what you saw and hearing it from the horses mouth. You and me we disagree about Harden and that's OK but the only thing I've heard from Harden is that he cares. For instance you say he came into camp overweight whereas Kevin Mchale said he came into camp injured. Based on that Im not going to call him a quitter. Harden picked up his play a couple months after the season started and put up great numbers when no one else on the team did. So if you conclude that Harden is a quitter then 90% of the people in this league are quitters because 90% of the people in the league cant and has not done what he's done.

Dwight on the other hand is a guy I supported at the beginning of the season you can go back and look at my posts and it was because I understood he was injured. Then something curious happened. Dwight started calling out the team saying he wasn't getting the ball for back to the basket post ups something we all know he's not good at. Now he said it's cuz they have an agenda but we all know he cant hit his free throws, he's not good at post ups, he refuses to set pick and rolls, and he can barely pass out of the post ups. Despite all of that he declares it's other people's fault he's not successful. Steve Nash is on record as saying Dwight Howard wouldn't set picks because we wasn't getting post touches. Ex coaches and teammates alike have been saying this all along about Dwight but he chose Houston and we all ignored that and was happy to have him.

I didn't know this for sure, that Howard was a quitter til now. Again Howard has literally quit on teams before and where Harden left fans in OKC wishing he was still there Dwight has left fans and teammates in two teams prior hating him. Why is that exactly? Harden is bad at defense you get no argument from me on that but he's not a quitter and has showed up to played regardless injured or not. That's something you celebrate in a young star. Howard is thirty and still burning bridges

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You can also see some of this with the half ass picks he'd set for Harden (before this dismal season)... Howard can't shoot free throws for ****, his post game is declining (well athleticism etc.), and if he wasn't getting his post touches he'd check out... If he would just run the PNR correctly Nash/Harden would have been a lot better off, and he would have probably had easy baskets too. But for some reason Howard thinks he's Shaq or has Hakeem like finesse.... It'd be so much better if he played like the other headcase on the Clippers (Jordan), but no, instead he sets these lazy ass picks

9. thesaint

thesaint Member

Dwight says he wants to get in best shape and already started training. What was he waiting for all these years in Houston then? Hard selling for a big contract I say.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yep, its all positive/PR talk toward his next contract.

Dwight still could have handled the questions wrong and blown it. But he did a respectable job mixing in half-honesties and even showing a bit of his human side of what motivates him. His agent advised him well

11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

First off I think Howard was being honest in that interview and he did a great job with the questions.

Some of you guys are hard core Harden fans and will not except anything negative said about Harden. Some are hard core Hate Dwight fans and will not believe anything positive said about him.

The fact is both of these guys have their strength, weakness and issues and more interviews are starting to come out about them and the Rockets organization as a whole.

The biggest problem with Harden, Howard and the team was the front office. Yes coaching was a major problem, but as more and more starts to come out it was actually the front office that was the killer.

McHale started going to the media with the issues and then JB went to the media with the same issues.. The problem was they were not getting any help from Morey or Les. So for example.. You have parents with kids and one parent is trying to implement discipline and say NO you can't have any cookies before dinner, so they go ask the other parent and they let them do what ever they want... So why should they obey the first parent when they can get what they want from the second.

Morey and Les did a lot of enabling with Harden and they created a monster and a lot of issues with the team and the atmosphere in the locker. I am not the biggest Harden fan, but a lot of this is not his problem. A lot of the problems were due to the front office and now they want to try and control the monster they have created.

In order for this team to get back on track the organization and the front office has to change. They will have to get in a strong coach like a Bill Finch and the front office will have to let the players know that what the coach says goes. It doesn't matter if both Howard and Harden stays or goes the attitude and the direction of the organization has to change.

So the fault and the blame of this team this year is not just with one individual it's with everyone... Les, Morey, Coaching, Howard, Harden and the team... There's a lot of blame to go around...

T_Man

1 person likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

excellent post and agree completely.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden admitted to quitting on defense at times. are you holding him to the same standard and being accountable? No doesn't seem like it.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Dwight Howard was absolute trash this season. Below average center being paid $23 million. Enough said!

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It doesn't matter what he tells the media. Actions speak louder than words. People can see that Harden is a quitter without being told.

Last year, after losing to Golden State in the playoffs, Dwight Howard told the media he was "still a champion". That didn't change the fact that he wasn't a champion.

What's there to rebut regarding Dwight? Dwight admitted to quitting, and it was evident from his on-court performance.

Then you shouldn't want Harden on the Rockets.

16. cmutt

cmutt Member

What bothered me the most about Howard's spot on TNT was the fact that not only did he respond to almost all of the questions with the same BS, programmed excuses and answers that he gives every single year.
    But neither Kenny or Charles dared to ask him the most critical and serious questions, even when he set himself up for those kinds of tough questions.

Howard said all the same crap that he always says. "I'm gonna focus all my efforts to get into the gym and get my body into the best shape possible so that I can dominate all year long."

Since when has he EVER completely dominated? Even in his prime he was schooled by other good centers like Yao Ming, Pau Gasol, etc.
    He's always relied on pure strength, height, and athletic ability only. He's never developed ANY real skills or basketball IQ.

He kept saying that people doubting him has hurt him and motivated him. He said that he cares deeply about the game, and about winning.
    That's pure BS... if he ever cared that much he would have worked on his skills and overall game within his first 5 to 6 years in the NBA. He's had 12 years... and he hasn't improved in any way.

- no footwork
    - no shooting touch
    - no offensive or defensive positioning skills
    - no passing IQ
    - no jump hook or drop step. (which are a big man's bread and butter, and should be the 1st things that every big man develops at least some proficiency at.)
    - no post skills, (positioning, sealing off, targeting, reading, etc.)

- and most important.... no desire, no hussle, and no heart.

He's lazy, apathetic, and mentally weak.

When he said he cares deeply about winning and dominating, that's when Charles and Kenny should have blasted him and asked why he hasn't worked on, and improved his game in the past 12 years.
    I mean, they've been calling him out on it for the past 5 or 6 years... so why not right then, in person, especially when he claimed to care so much about those things.

Dwight answered all the questions with his same old safe, and completely BS answers. He's either incredibly dumb, or he thinks everybody else in the world must be dumb enough to believe his crap... or both.

I would have hit him with Kareem's statements about him, that talent has a limited shelf life, and that Howard has squandered and wasted his natural gifts and abilities. Instead of becoming a positive player for the team, he's become a negative player. He can't be relied on to produce winning plays or provide winning attributes, because he doesn't have the skills or the mentality of a great player.

He passed on working with Kareem, he didn't utilize his work with Hakeem or McHale, or any of the other big men he's been around and worked with through the years. He's merely gone through the motions and acted like he cares... but in reality he never has... and he never will.

That's why other players don't like him and don't respect him... and the same with most fans.

1 person likes this.
  17. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I disagree completely....the blame is on Harden and Dwight and no one else, they are the one who said they are the superstars and everyone else is a role player, and by the way everyone except Beverley played towards the end of the year that statement was correct.
    So when you put your two superstars under the microscope who deserves more blame? Its an easy answer because one of them QUIT on his team and the fans because hes not involved enough? REALLY?
    Dwight has two big probelms he will never solve

1. He is a STUPID human being when it comes to basketball
    A) no fundamentals ( no box out, no screens, no post up, no FTS) all things you can work at and yet he still doesent do any of them good enough.
    B) He lacks the intense basketball focus....PPL get into his head too easily, he isnt engaged 100 percent of the time, he misses FTs even though he insists he shoots them at an 85% clip in practice....just a mental midget in all facets of the game
    c) He asks for more post ups even though STATISTICALLY its a negative play....yet hes not ineterseted in helping the team if he doesent get post ups lol frickin DUMB

2.He is a Stupid human being in real life

He said himself he wants to restore his image...thats why he went to inside the NBA and interviewed and thats why he changed his agent...etcc
    Its always somebody elses fault and he likes to point blame to anyone but himself.
    Yet hes too stupid to know the way you restore your image is ON the court....SHOW you care, Work on your free throws, set a screen and roll hard, box out, for 30-35 minutes your in there. Instead he quits on the team during the season then says he does care on TV so we are supposed to believe it....please get out of houston and take your WHINY, Diva like attitude with you.
    So sad 3 years ago i thought it was the start of something special, turns out kobe was right the whole time, no matter how big of a man he is hes just too small upstairs to win, and as he gets older the worse he will get because nothing other then his athleticism is a plus

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

That is your opinion and i'm not going to argue with that and Like i said you have people who love Harden fully and those who hate Dwight fully...

The problem still starts with the front office for a lot of the problems and it flows down to the guys on the court...

Everyone holds responsibility for the issue this year and like Terry said in his interview, all players have a weakness even curry. But the warriors know how to cover up his weakness and winning helps a lot to cover it up.

So to blame one person is wrong and not correct...

But your hate for Howard is all yours and i'm not even going to go there with you on that.

T_Man

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup, part of me just wants Howard to leave so it shows all these people that use him as the easy scapegoat to all the problems that it simply isn't on one single person. Theres a full list of problems.

Its funny how people are trying to call out Howard for quitting but don't hold the same accountability for Harden who has admitted to quitting on defense at times. But of course you can't hold the same standards for HOF's around here.

20. Rokman

Rokman Member

I don't know what's going on between you two other than what I read in the last post but this had me laughing my ass off!!! Freaking hilarious response after getting dogged about meme's. Still laughing.

1 person likes this.