1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard on Inside the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, May 10, 2016.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There was a rumor that CP3 was heading here and had it not been for the Clippers getting Rivers he was set to join Harden and Dwight.

I think we'd already have a championship then. Chris would have set both of these guys right, especially Dwight. Shame that didn't happen if that was true. Shame for Chris too because the Clippers are the Cubs and Browns of the NBA.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So you support a player who admits he quit on the team because he didn't get the ball in the post? TNT played Howard and Howard seems to be playing you.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

http://grantland.com/features/the-nba-midnight-run-part-1/

There it was. Oh what could have been.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

These people dont do well with facts. Howard (if he can) will play well with another team for a little while then it will go south just like every other place he's been. There are some people on this site that hate Harden so much it forces them to blindly love Dwight, lol. It's actually pretty sad.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think that was just another case of the Rockets being used as a tool again. Very few believe he was telling the truth when he said that.

CP3 is a very dirty player (and most of us hate him for that), but that dirty play is just a manifestation of his overwhelming need to win. Rockets need that. CP3 would have been a great addition.

CP3 one of the dirties players in the league yet the media LOVES him. There should be some course on this stuff. Media Navigation 101.

6. ApuN

ApuN Member

Dwight has blown up every locker room he's been in and gotten 4 coaches fired

When you've been in the league this long, the hate you get is well deserved

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He's not dirty enough to get past the second round despite being given every chance.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Funny thing is reading general boards and such people are eating this up. Some poor team is going to get Dwight and as Ron Artest said...

Sounds like it's always going to be the same. He still thinks he should be a focal point on offense and as long as he thinks that then this problem will always be there.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yup same thing over and over. This offseason has been very illuminating regarding Dwight. Every day something new comes out that points to him being a cancer and yet you still have people defending him. It really is sad. Whether he are we or successful next season I would rather not have him, Brewer and several other never don a Rockets jersey again.

11. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I don't have to watch the games to keep up with the Rockets,. I'm just saying there are bigger things happening in my life than the Rockets. So at this point, I won't drive to Toyota Center to sit through a 2 hours of watching a team pretend to play basketball. Seriously bro, I will not make any contribution to the 22 million Dwight will be owed if he opts in.

I like Dwight as a person, I respect him because he chose us over a lot of good teams. I just don't enjoy watching him play basketball anymore. I don't want to put my son and I through that type of torture any more. He actually hates basketball now after watching Dwight this past year. I had previously planned to get him on the 6&under team at the Y this summer. Thanks Dwight. :rolleyes:

Whats up clutchfans! Why so many unnecessary threads in the "Game action and roster moves" section? The best thing about the cyberex dwight thread was we were all in "it". But I think the Rockets org. was not keen to it. The only relevant topic right now is the coach search.

12. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

It's ridiculous because he even got into an on-court argument with Steve Nash about running the pick n roll. How has he refused to accept the fact that he's just not that great in the post? Dwight said players need to put their egos aside, but it seems as if he hasn't taken his own advice.

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

He had the most in the regular season too:mad:

14. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Go figure, SVG and Kobe were right all along. Get this guy out of here and let the healing begin for us.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Just saw the video..wasn't as great as people made it out to be, imo...dwight basically repeated stuff he's already said and the rest is what you'd expect him to say. Charles said a lot of nothing, like always.

16. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

17. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Harden will be on next for his rebuttal.

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Doubtful

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What's interesting is that Dwight has been here for 3 years and this is the first interview where I really feel I "got to know" him.

Inside the NBA should do more of these.

20. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Dwight agent putting in work.

He put that max contract interview into work.