1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard on Inside the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, May 10, 2016.

1. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Actually thought Dwight handled the situation well. Interesting tidbits for sure. He has spoken to Tad Brown (Toad to Chuck) since the end of the season. But never mentioned speaking to Morey. Hmmmm.... Did Brown give him something to consider?? No doubt all the players were frustrated and upset at end of season. They should be.

I really didn't see Dwight throw anyone under the bus, except for himself when he said he "took himself out of the game".

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lin left a while back, what are you still doing here?

And yes, those clown reps come in handy.

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Because TNT gets thousands of clicks and views off of the paradigm that Harden and Howard hate each other:rolleyes:

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Cool segment. They all seem like they get along. I hope he keeps his word on improving next season, and takes their advice as well. I want to are him do well even if it's not on the Rockets.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lol....

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

After rewatching I was correct he clearly said when he doesn't get the ball he would get mad and take himself out of games. It does not get more plain than that. Dwight was the cancer this year.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Durrant did that to Foye tonight.

9. SunsRocketsfan

here is a much better link.. HD with a lot clearer sound.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E_68oz7vYRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dwight is going to be 31 this year and has been in the league a LONG time and he still has trouble navigating the media. It's probably one of the reason he is so hated.

When they asked him point blank if he was opting out he says, "it hasn't crossed his mind."

C'mon, man.

Chuck, who has mastered media, had to tell Dwight the correct way to answer a question that he doesn't want to answer.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You really proved why First Take is one of the most highly rated program in ESPN and why Fox will pay millions to get idiots like Bayless.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

"Why do people hate you?"

"Because I'm a Houston Rocket. Why are you interviewing me like this almost as part of a staged PR campaign to rehab my image?"

"Because you're about to leave Houston."

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah Chuck sort of played him by playing good cop.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This team deserves to be paired with James Harden for the next 4-5 years and watching his fans cheering for him to fill out the stat sheet while it will be amused to see how Adidas trying to find a way to back out that 200 mils deal.

Good luck Dwight, you deserves better than this dump.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He handled himself as good as you could In his situation.

16. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

Perfect timing for Dwight to gain some fans and respect from general NBA circles. He'll go to another team and be liked again, and people will still hate Harden for his over-dribbling and seemingly selfish play. I know we shouldn't care what the media thinks about the Rockets, but it certainly plays into things such as votes for All-NBA teams and other accolades.

Also, great answers by Dwight, but does anyone actually see him going to a team where he'll get the touches he wants?

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He got the touches here lol. He had the most post touches in the post season this year per game.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why does he care about touches so much I wonder, he got touched by tons of women

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Navigating Media is a part of the game. The media can make or break your reputation. It is what it is. Dwight should be a lot better at talking to these schmucks by now; he should have a black belt. Dwight is going to the Hall of fame but you wouldn't know it, media got us thinking he is concentrated garbage.

If he doesn't know how to talk to the media he should say very little if anything.

In Orlando he had Ewing. In LA he had Kareem. Here, in Houston, he had Mchale and Dream.

How much more does Dwight deserve?

His circumstances aren't always going to be perfect. It seems everywhere he has been he has almost perfect conditions, yet it is never enough.

I'm indifferent. If Dwight opts in, I think he can still win with Harden if he communicates EXACTLY what he wants (if he even knows). If he opts out, I'll be fine with that too.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Harden quit a lot too. Especially on the defensive end. You do know that correct?