1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard on Inside the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, May 10, 2016.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

It would be hard to argue with any of what you say....it's best for all involved. It's easy to TALK a good game but you have to PERFORM. It is hard to imagine the Rockets sinking below .500 w/o Dwight. He's no longer a game changer. His HEART is not in it....it's just not. I have said that repeatedly...he said it basically tonight. He can say winning is important to him but you don't SEE it.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[youtube]E_68oz7vYRA[/youtube]

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

It's interesting television but what I think is more telling is the fact that Dwight Howard has been in the league for over a decade and is still acting like an immature player in his sophomore season. Good veteran players aren't going to do this passive-aggressive-temper-tantrum bullcrap on the court because they're not getting their touches. They're going to confront someone about it and make sure they get their point across.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dwight is a mess, the Rockets should have known better and just settled with having Asik who is still a great positional defender and stellar rebounder. That left over money would have brought in a stretch 4 at the very least.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Weird how you are so fixated on harden hating, you refuse to bring up and credit his success last year but ironically wanna bring up Dwight from last year to defend him.

6. Drogba

Drogba Member

He's seen as a clown on here. Lol, at you taking his emotional blind hatred for Harden seriously.

7. ln3012

ln3012 Member

yeah right lol

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

What TNT did was stellar NBA intervention on a more personal level. This is a new nitch type of sports programming. Only problem is not all players would be as level minded as Dwight. Some would get in fights or be angered if put that position on live television. Somebody like Metta World Peace might explode.

9. JetLife1

JetLife1 New Member

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was great, really appreciate your posting that, thanks.

11. pli777

pli777 Member

I still don't get how fans can hate on this guy over Harden, it really confuses me.

12. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

why we have to hate someone?
    I like both
    Harden as player is better

13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

If rebounding is what you were hanging your hat on, and that's the way it turns out, absolutely would have been the way to go. Other than slam dunking an alley oop, Dwight has no offensive game. The Rockets rolled the dice that he would be the 2nd superstar needed and lost. Dwight stayed hurt a lot and finally showed up during the playoffs. His best days are behind him and it will take the right scenario for him to be anywhere near effective at his next stop. Needs a team with scorers already in place who are looking for someone to rebound.

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Why did Matt not let him finish about him and hardens relationship off the court :mad:

15. pli777

pli777 Member

I don't, I am talking about if some of the members on this board HAVE to hate someone, rationally there's a more fitting player to be hated.

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Oh I'm not taking him seriously, just find it ironic and humorous and wanted to point it out.

17. BackdoorHarden

Yup. Hakeem and Kobe would walk up to the guy's face and say,
    "Give me the damn ball or I'm going to kill you."

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Comprehension not one of your strengths I take it?

19. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Great segment, very interesting. I thought the most telling thing was when Dwight slipped, but then adjusted his sentence. He said something along the lines... "Where ever I'm playing... (then caught himself and readjusted to preparing to play for a championship or something like that).

Barkley said Dwight has to opt out, he can't risk only playing on a one year contract. Dwight didn't say anything, which was telling as well.

I'll be surprised if Dwight stays opt in or opt out/resigned. Unless the new coach has an idea how he can get involved in the offense.

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

I don't see how anyone could think Dwight is opting in after that interview. Everyone could see Dwight ain't opting it and they were even telling him to go to a place where he could win. If Houston was it then they wouldn't have to tell him to leave lol.

Dwight is opting out 100% and 99% gone from Houston unless something drastic happens between now and FA.